Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1574 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Coco for the first time

:smokin: hi new in,tryin my hand at coco professional plus,with plagron coco a and b,use calmag once a week and multi zyme once a week,ph between 5.5 and 5.8,had a prob with my ph at the start and they yellowed and struggled a bit,sorted that now and they seem to be thriving,into my second week of flower now and I feed them first thing and about 4 hours befor lights out,usually about a litre an half each,I'm in 10 litre pots.i will add plagron green sensation top activator at week 3,they are lookin well at the mo,will drop a pic in soon to see how I'm doing and get some feed back,time to chill with the cheese happy days peeps imp:
    Crossy12 Reviewed by Crossy12 on . Coco for the first time :smokin: hi new in,tryin my hand at coco professional plus,with plagron coco a and b,use calmag once a week and multi zyme once a week,ph between 5.5 and 5.8,had a prob with my ph at the start and they yellowed and struggled a bit,sorted that now and they seem to be thriving,into my second week of flower now and I feed them first thing and about 4 hours befor lights out,usually about a litre an half each,I'm in 10 litre pots.i will add plagron green sensation top activator at week 3,they are Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Coco for the first time

Coco is a great medium to grow in, I love it. The PH range is 5.8 to 6.3 though. Most people including myself aim for a PH of 5.8.

Coco for the first time

Thanks for your input,how long have you been growing in coco?,do you start straight of at ph 5.8 6.3,I ask this because once my cuttings had rooted I put them in 10 litre pots,coco professional plus,ph was 6.1, I use plagron a and b,first 2 weeks they stressed and lost colour,added some calmag and enzymes once a week and they picked up a bit,still not thriving though,they started to burn on edges of leaves,I flushed them through thinking it was feed burn because of build up of salts and not feeding due to stress,still not thriving,when I flushed out the run of was 6.2,I was told to drop my ph and up the food,I was giving them 2ml to a litre,dropped ph to 5.5 to 5.8 and upped food to 3ml a litre,on 3rd week of flower now and I'm impressed,they respond so quick once you get it right,I will try an get some pics up but I'm having probs with finding how to send them in a message on this iPad 2 ????? Any ideas,once I get the pics up you can let me know how I'm doing,chat soon peace:wtf:

Coco for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Crossy12
    Thanks for your input,how long have you been growing in coco?
    A couple of years. My first two grows are logged and linked to in my signiature.

,do you start straight of at ph 5.8 6.3,
    Yes I start at 5.8 and continue with 5.8 all the way through. Although a little pH drift is not a bad thing as long as it is within range.

I ask this because once my cuttings had rooted I put them in 10 litre pots,coco professional plus,ph was 6.1, I use plagron a and b,first 2 weeks they stressed and lost colour,added some calmag and enzymes once a week and they picked up a bit,
    I find that I need to add a little calmag in the first 2 weeks of flowering. If I don't the leaves go a little pale and you get brown spots start to form. This is quite normal for coco from speaking to other growers.

when I flushed out the run of was 6.2,
    You cannot measure the run off from coco in the same way you would other mediums. The small particles in the coco effect the readings. Just measure what goes in and don't worry about measuring what comes out. If you are dead set on measuring outbound PH you are going to need to buy some filter paper and visit Canna on youtube for the instructions on how to do it.

I was told to drop my ph and up the food,I was giving them 2ml to a litre,dropped ph to 5.5 to 5.8 and upped food to 3ml a litre
    I am actually using Plagron as well (I got a freebie at a show), The dosage ranges from 3.3ml per litre to 4ml litre. I have never used Plagron before but I am 2 weeks from harvest and everything looks the same as usual.

P.S. Can you break up your text next time. I saw that wall of text and nearly didn't bother replying. My eyes!

Coco for the first time

Lol,sorry about the eyes,I did say I was new to this :thumbsup:

Coco for the first time

One thing I forgot to ask is what light are you using? The amount of food your plants need will depend on the type/amount of light they are receiving. My early grows were with 500w of CFL light. Under CFL's I only used 3/4 strength food and never needed to add clamag in the 1st 2 weeks of flower. Under 250w of HPS I use full strength food and need to add calmag.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...og-w-pics.html - 1st grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...co-w-pics.html - 2nd grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)

Coco for the first time

Useing 600 watt sodiums,things are going good at the mo.
    Noticed 2of my ladies have started to curl up at the tips ?? Any info.
    And also curling upwards on edges of the leaves which I know is a bit to hot .

Coco for the first time

Had a look at your grows nice,coming to the end of week 3 now,I'd say they pretty much the same as yours at that stage,still not sorted how to get the pics up yet Very new to computers old school lol

Coco for the first time

Here is our shop we use,have a peek,prob be same as yours? Hydroponics - Hydroponic Systems & Supplies - Growell Hydroponics

Coco for the first time

I was wandering bout these brown spots you have been getting,they look very similar to what I had which was wind burn down to the fan being to close ??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast