Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1596 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Psychology paper due next week

Ok so I have an APA paper due next week and I haven't even started research yet. It has to be at least 4 typed pages with citations or whatever on a mental disorder and I can't decide on one to pick. Also this was my first semester in 16 years and I'm not even sure what the hell a citation is. I think its giving credit so you don't get accused of plagerism. Any suggestions or tips on doing a big essay are appreciated.
    HomegrownInIdaho Reviewed by HomegrownInIdaho on . Psychology paper due next week Ok so I have an APA paper due next week and I haven't even started research yet. It has to be at least 4 typed pages with citations or whatever on a mental disorder and I can't decide on one to pick. Also this was my first semester in 16 years and I'm not even sure what the hell a citation is. I think its giving credit so you don't get accused of plagerism. Any suggestions or tips on doing a big essay are appreciated. Rating: 5
    Hey man, this is a private residence!:stoned:-Dude

Your out of your element Donnie! - Walter

2.   Advertisements

:thumbsup:HI HGI, nice to see you around!

:jointsmile:TWO things you hear, almost daily:

Autism: Specific- Asberger's
    Bipolar--potpourrie

:rastasmoke:Good luck on the paper

Another one, might be: Marijuana to treat etc.... :rasta: pr

Thanks PR. Anyone else?

I just wrote a paper on ADHD and its validity as a 'disease'. Psychiatrists have people convinced that a behaviour is a disease...

A disease is something someone 'has' whereas a behaviour is something someone 'does'.

Thomas Stephen Szasz is an interesting writer on this subject. He is also a psychiatrist.

American schools are now mental institutions rather than places of learning. Millions of children are on psychotropic drugs, even as young as 3 years old. I think it's a travesty...

When I first was getting to grips with APA Ref. style I used this guide from waikato uni and found it real helpful.
    APA Referencing Style Guide (6th edition)

:thumbsup: thanks guys I'll give both of those formats a serious look and decide on one. Sl I agree with you on the adhd issue. I was thinking something like histrionic or something on ego. Anyone else have anything. I'm sure several people are doing the most "mainstream" disorders so I wanted to give them something new so to say

:jointsmile:There are several different disorders under Alzheimers. One particular one that is very rare and fast. Most don't even know there are different disorders. Any one of them may make a great paper, as well.

EGO and disorder? Bipolar? :rastasmoke: pr

PR Google ego and in Wikipedia there are all kinds of other things that go with it. Ego is not what I thought it was.