Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1602 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

.....does anyone see the irony in this?

I used to have a lot of problems with spyware/malware that got past my free anti-virus programs. (I was using Adaware and AVG) I had given up on system resource hogging programs like Norton and McAfee long ago.

I did my research and found Spyware Doctor which is a great anti-virus/spyware/malware program. It removed all the crap that was on my computer and I haven't had a single problem since. It is pretty cheap (comparatively speaking) at up to 3 computers for one low price of $40.00. There is also an annual renewal fee of $40.00. For me it's worth it for the peace of mind it delivers without hogging my system resources and acting like a virus itself.

I also highly recommend a free download called SnoopFree which will detect and block keyboard hook attempts. It works great and I have been surprised at what programs attempt to hook my keyboard. They haven't updated it for Vista yet so for now it is only good for XP users.
    Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is grey and yellow white
    Yet we decide which is right

and which is an illusion

Norton's one of the best in my opinion..seeing day after day infected computers..it was the one that did the best job..

the biggest thing to spyware is knowing what not to download and what to download..I use no virus protection on my computer and I get no virus or spyware nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by Markass
    Norton's one of the best in my opinion..seeing day after day infected computers..it was the one that did the best job..

the biggest thing to spyware is knowing what not to download and what to download..I use no virus protection on my computer and I get no virus or spyware nonsense..
    Norton is good, but it is also a resource hog. I think it is more suitable for a business network than a home PC. I used it for years, but have noticed a tremendous improvement in my PC's performance after switching to Spyware Doctor.

If you're interested, go to PC Mag and read the review on Spyware Doctor. It found and blocked more than even Norton did in their trial.

4.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlazer
    Norton is good, but it is also a resource hog. I think it is more suitable for a business network than a home PC. I used it for years, but have noticed a tremendous improvement in my PC's performance after switching to Spyware Doctor.

If you're interested, go to PC Mag and read the review on Spyware Doctor. It found and blocked more than even Norton did in their trial.
    Norton 2009 runs nearly as though it's not there..they lost a lot of business because of what you're talking about, and fixed the problem..it's a lot different now, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Markass
    Norton 2009 runs nearly as though it's not there..they lost a lot of business because of what you're talking about, and fixed the problem..it's a lot different now, trust me
    My bad. I haven't used it for years and apparently my info is dated.

I'll take your word for it.

that's happened to me. Google search ccleaner and do a search on your registry (it's free and most of the time this can fix your problem

Quote Originally Posted by smokahz
    that's happened to me. Google search ccleaner and do a search on your registry (it's free and most of the time this can fix your problem
    maybe a temp fix but more times than not it fucks shit up more.:jointsmile:

I'm not exactly sure where the 'irony' lies in this but yeah spyware is a bitch.
    Legalize Weed Already: Sign The Petition Today!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpsycho
    nah it's alright a lil persitince (sp?) and help from spybot search and destroy and ccleaner (short for crap cleaner...both free btw if anyone has problems with thier computer....they work very willl) and basic knowledge of what should be on my computer (as in under program files) i can get rid of it....but it is so damn hard to do...cuz when you think you got it all deleted more pops up.....DAMNIT THERE GOES ANOTHER ONE!!!!! guess i got more work to do lol....oh yea....and i just reformatted my hard drive (basic thing you mentioned except mine has a built in second hard drive so it's a bit easier) like 3 days ago....i'm not looking forward to doing that again...cuz the only game i can play on dial up....is too big for cds and takes 10 HOURS TO DL! ....so yea i'll avoid all that if i can.....man impatients just doesn't pay off....if i would had waited til i had everything set up perfectly this wouldn't be happening.....
    Spybot does wonders for spyware. You have to watch out if you have a regular antivirus app that your running too though, as sometimes it will see spybot as a problem...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234