Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1693 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Water Crystals

Has anyone ever heard of or tried using these lil things: Water Crystals for Healthy Plants & Crafts.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything before I try them. I plan on using em for cloning and ditching the rock-wool?

Any thoughts or opinions?
    killfrenzi Reviewed by killfrenzi on . Water Crystals Has anyone ever heard of or tried using these lil things: Water Crystals for Healthy Plants & Crafts. I was wondering if anyone knew anything before I try them. I plan on using em for cloning and ditching the rock-wool? Any thoughts or opinions? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Water Crystals

Quote Originally Posted by killfrenzi
    Has anyone ever heard of or tried using these lil things:
    Water Crystals for Healthy Plants & Crafts.
    I was wondering if anyone knew anything before I try them. I plan on using em for cloning and ditching the rock-wool?

Any thoughts or opinions?
    I have used them to create a diy air freshener.

They hold a massive amount of water. Try it! For Science.... and get back to us.
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...og-w-pics.html - 1st grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...co-w-pics.html - 2nd grow, in coco with CFL\'s (Finished)

Water Crystals

I know a guy who swears by them, he digs a big hole a handful of water crystals in the bottom fills the hole with mix and plant.

Water Crystals

:thumbsup:I use them for preparing soil for grass or a garden Outside. It reduce's use of nutes and water. The theory is the little salt rock shape crystal will retain water and 'feed' and release and the soil gets dry.

I do like it in the grass mostly, in the summer. :jointsmile:I've never tried it with mmj plants.

Somehow, due to the intense specific needs of the plants, pushed to the limit by the grower--not sure of the result.

What would concern me is: The element of release from the crystal back to plant and the rate?

:rastar

If you had to flush them I think you'd have to pick them out and do it literally.

Water Crystals

Flushing is the least of your worries.
    Read on.

"The Bottom Line
    â?¢ Hydrogels are organic compounds that will degrade after 2-5 years; they are not a long-lasting
    solution to droughty conditions
    â?¢ Exposure to fertilizer salts will increase the degradation rate of hydrogels
    â?¢ When hydrogels degrade, one of the byproducts is acrylamide, a deadly neurotoxin and potential
    carcinogen
    â?¢ Acrylamide can be absorbed through the skin or by inhaling; people who have a likely risk of
    exposure to this compound absolutely require safety clothing and dust masks
    â?¢ There are safe (albeit shorter-lived) alternatives to polyacrylamide hydrogels, including starchbased
    gels and others currently used in cosmetic surgery
    â?¢ There are other environmentally sound ways to reduce water usage and improve water retention
    of soils than through hydrogels"

You will find this, and more in the mythbusting link in my sig.

Aloha,

Weeze

Water Crystals

Wow Weeze. . .I let my dogs run and play on that grass. Do you expect that is why the last one only lasted 18 years?

Kidding aside, I lived in the desert: water and heat were serious issues there. At least, for the grass :jointsmile: I play on. Now, that we've solved the "Chemical" hazard--seems it should be :420thought::bnd2r

Water Crystals

Was interested till i saw price, tore up new dispoable baby diapers instead, worked well
    I am no expert! Just been farming awhile :greenthumb: :greenthumb: peace :bonghit:tlranger Cannabis Circuit Rider
    IT\'S ALL A SYSTEM, THE SUM OF ITS PARTS -- :jointsmile:
    I\'m a low tech man, in a high tech world.
    You ain\'t seen nothin yet-hit me with your best shot-the more I see the less I know-