Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

FFOF is the best organic soil mix you can get for your money.

Info from FoxFarm Nutrients:

Attachment 282883

A powerful blend of Northwest sea-going fish, crab and shrimp meal, and earthworm castings create an ideal indoor/outdoor, container and greenhouse soil. Composted forest humus, peat moss, bat guano and micronutrients are added to create the optimum organic medium for a versatile planting environment. It is light in texture and well aerated. Ocean Forest® starts seeds naturally so they can become strong vigorous plants! Ocean Forest® Organic Potting Soil- a premium blend of good things from the earth and sea. Ready to use for all container plantings!
    killfrenzi Reviewed by killfrenzi on . Fox Farm Ocean Forset FFOF is the best organic soil mix you can get for your money. Info from FoxFarm Nutrients: 282883 A powerful blend of Northwest sea-going fish, crab and shrimp meal, and earthworm castings create an ideal indoor/outdoor, container and greenhouse soil. Composted forest humus, peat moss, bat guano and micronutrients are added to create the optimum organic medium for a versatile planting environment. It is light in texture and well aerated. Ocean Forest® starts seeds naturally so they Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

I got myself a big bag of happy frog recently to play with. As long as you balance out the ph its excellent soil when mixed with perlite or something and some lime. I've only seen happy frog around very recently I'm not sure if its new or if my store just hadn't carried it until now. I've never tried the ocean forest everyone loves, but happy frog is a fox farm product, but has more organic matter and microbacteria doing all kinds of crazy stuff down there... you wouldn't believe what I see under my scope. Yesterday they built a statue of me at the foot of a plant, started a space program, and there was one in a canoe.. it was pretty neat. If you try it out, remember that the base ph of the soil is actually around the 5 range.

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesnowta
    I got myself a big bag of happy frog recently to play with. As long as you balance out the ph its excellent soil when mixed with perlite or something and some lime. I've only seen happy frog around very recently I'm not sure if its new or if my store just hadn't carried it until now. I've never tried the ocean forest everyone loves, but happy frog is a fox farm product, but has more organic matter and microbacteria doing all kinds of crazy stuff down there... you wouldn't believe what I see under my scope. Yesterday they built a statue of me at the foot of a plant, started a space program, and there was one in a canoe.. it was pretty neat. If you try it out, remember that the base ph of the soil is actually around the 5 range.
    Ive seen Happy Frog in all my local grow stores and garden centers. I have never used it, but I hear good things. I like the Ocean Forest because it has all the natural organincs from the ocean. And we all know anything that poo's in the Ocean leaves behind great microbacteria. It also has Sea Bird Guano, Bat Guano, Earthworm castings, and other crazy lil organics as well.

Next time I grow soil Ill hafta try the Happy Feet... lol, I mean Happy Frog.

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

Problem I'm finding with it for myself is just that I have to do too much ph adjustment up, and my garden shop doesn't carry ph up. Happy frog + tiger bloom nutes and such is a lot of low ph.

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

FFOF Is good soil, It drains well and seems to feed plants well into week 5 and a bit more. Just have to watch using nutes with it to early or you will burn your plants. The run off ph Is a little low with it but not bad. I have had some really nice growth out of the stuff so far. We will see how it fairs threw the flower cycle.Attachment 283038Attachment 283039Attachment 283040Attachment 283041

Fox Farm Ocean Forset

seems like good soil to me!

Quote Originally Posted by motul123
    FFOF Is good soil, It drains well and seems to feed plants well into week 5 and a bit more. Just have to watch using nutes with it to early or you will burn your plants. The run off ph Is a little low with it but not bad. I have had some really nice growth out of the stuff so far. We will see how it fairs threw the flower cycle.Attachment 283038Attachment 283039Attachment 283040Attachment 283041