Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1897 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First time LSTing - Am I doing this properly? Advice plz thx!

I just wanted to post some pics of the first time I'm trying to LST a plant. Not sure why I've never done it before but this plant had some insecticide damage to lower branches so I wanted to promote stronger growth of the side shoots for a little while to bush it out before I flower it. So if you can see anything from the pictures that looks bad for my plant, or something I could be doing better please let me know, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully I'm not doing anything dangerous to it. I've done plenty of more stressful things than LSTing but this just seems weird to me haha.

Attachment 282281Attachment 282280
    Minnesnowta Reviewed by Minnesnowta on . First time LSTing - Am I doing this properly? Advice plz thx! I just wanted to post some pics of the first time I'm trying to LST a plant. Not sure why I've never done it before but this plant had some insecticide damage to lower branches so I wanted to promote stronger growth of the side shoots for a little while to bush it out before I flower it. So if you can see anything from the pictures that looks bad for my plant, or something I could be doing better please let me know, I'd appreciate it. Hopefully I'm not doing anything dangerous to it. I've done Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Nope thats fine just make sure your not going to tear the roots, or you you also can supercrop it (snap the main stem) and get the same effect, not advisable for the begginner. I actually had the top of my plant lower than the edge of the planter once she starts to bend a bit you can pull a little more every couple of days, you just have to do it on the stems while ther still flexible and not woody.Attachment 282294

I'm not really trying to go all out with the LSTing, just some short term bending to promote growth of the side shoots for a little while before I flower it. I'm not familiar with the super cropping technique that would involve snapping the main stem. If you could explain that a little further I'd be interested in learning more, I probably wouldn't apply that to this plant but perhaps others in the future. Thanks for the response!

Anyone have any grow logs that show LSTing clearly throughout your grow? Or perhaps know of other peoples grow logs featuring LST that you could link me? I would appreciate it, apparently LST isn't a recognized term as far as the search feature goes on this forum..... find that hard to believe lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesnowta
    Anyone have any grow logs that show LSTing clearly throughout your grow? Or perhaps know of other peoples grow logs featuring LST that you could link me? I would appreciate it, apparently LST isn't a recognized term as far as the search feature goes on this forum..... find that hard to believe lol.
    Mine really isnt that detailed, but if you check out the second link in my signature, you can see my little lst grow. They are topped then lst'd