Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1858 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Urine test yesterday/ worried about color

Just wanted to vent about my experience I had yesterday with my urine test...I'm a little worried.

I was 43 days clean yesterday...on day 38 and 41 I did two generic tests which gave me faint lines...the one on day 41 was on the first void. Based on information from this site I figured I passed. Yesterday morning I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank a cup of coffee, I also had a bowl of cereal. I then took an echinacea pill with some cranberry juice, maybe a cup or less of juice at 9:30. I took the echinacea in case I had drank too much and wanted there to be color in my urine. I took another home test at 10:00 and got the best line I've ever gotten. I drove to the place for my test (I had to go to the bathroom so bad when I got there!) and probably gave my sample at about 10:45 or 11. My pee was not clear and definitely had color to it...I'm just worried I drank to much. They told me not to flush and nobody was outside the door when I was done, and then I asked if I could wash my hands and the lady said yes and to flush, she never even looked at it! Is there a color that sends red flags or only if it is perfectly clear? the color had a little brightness to it but not neon or anything. My feeling is that if I was someone who never smoked and wasn't worrying about this, I would have drank the same amount (my coffee, cereal, and some juice) and never thought twice about giving my sample. I'm just freaked out and was hoping for some reassurance. I'm just worried I diluted too much. I think I was totally clean and shouldn't have drank so much...so now I'm worried I caused suspicion by possibly making it too watered down

This is for school, so I can work in a hospital..I asked how long till my school gets my results and they said 48 hours...which would be tomorrow. I was slyly trying to ask my teacher if she got my results by asking if they give me something or they contact them...and she said they get something in the mail. I am going to be so embarrassed if I fail but really it's so ridiculous. I smoked every day of my first semester and got a 4.0! Obviously I am responsible with it.

My paranoia started last night when my husband convinced me to smoke...figured if I failed, I would use synthetic at that point anyway so I took a couple hits , felt good, but then started to analyse the situation to death in my head.

Any comments appreciated!!
    bonbon16 Reviewed by bonbon16 on . Urine test yesterday/ worried about color Just wanted to vent about my experience I had yesterday with my urine test...I'm a little worried. I was 43 days clean yesterday...on day 38 and 41 I did two generic tests which gave me faint lines...the one on day 41 was on the first void. Based on information from this site I figured I passed. Yesterday morning I woke up at 8 a.m. and drank a cup of coffee, I also had a bowl of cereal. I then took an echinacea pill with some cranberry juice, maybe a cup or less of juice at 9:30. I took Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

With creatinine and specific gravity (The 2 urine constituents that are tested to determine an overly-diluted sample) checks becoming the norm in recent years, sample color became the least aspect in determining an overly-diluted sample. Even samples with a nice yellow color to them can still fall below the acceptable ranges for creatinine and SG and thus be ruled "diluted".

thanks Burnt Toast, that is interesting, i had no idea about that....
    based on what I said I drank, do you think that was too much to drink b4 the test? I mean it really wasn't much more than I'd normally do, it's almost exact.

If you didnt exceed 16 oz of fluids/hr, the chances are that you didnt overdilute.

ok, I think I'm good, I had about a cup and a half (big mug...I just measured with a measuring cup) of coffee over an hour or hour and a half starting at 8 and then I had my cereal, which I never drink the excess milk (not a fan of milk), and possibly a cup of juice from 9:30-10:15. So I think I only had about 20 ounces from 8 to 10:15, when I left for the test.

I feel better now...thank you so much for the information Burnt Toast, I really appreciate it!