Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1712 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

AZ Allowing Dispensaries!

Medical Marijuana Dispensary Application Process to Proceed
    Posted: 13 Jan 2012 10:01 AM PST

Last May (after receiving a threatening letter from the Arizona U.S Attorneyâ??s Office) the Governor suspended the dispensary portion of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act with a genuine concern that state employees would be federally prosecuted. Last year, we asked the federal court to provide us with guidance regarding the obvious conflicts between the Arizona law and the federal Controlled Substances Act. The federal courtâ??s refusal to address the issue on the merits left many unanswered questions regarding these conflicts. Itâ??s unfortunate that the Federal court and the Arizona U.S Attorneyâ??s Office couldnâ??t provide clarity for us on this issue. However, after careful consideration, the Governor has asked us to implement the dispensary portion of the AZ Medical Marijuana Act.

Our first step will be to review the rules for accepting dispensary applications. Our rules had originally stated that weâ??d accept dispensary applications last June. Obviously, thatâ??s no longer possible- so weâ??ll need to set new application dates using the Stateâ??s rulemaking process. Weâ??re working on those rules right now. The process is complicated by the fact that a lawsuit called Compassion v. Arizona is challenging the scope and constitutionality of our medical marijuana rules. If that lawsuit is withdrawn or settled quickly, we could begin accepting dispensary applications this Summer.
    richardskinner Reviewed by richardskinner on . AZ Allowing Dispensaries! Medical Marijuana Dispensary Application Process to Proceed Posted: 13 Jan 2012 10:01 AM PST Last May (after receiving a threatening letter from the Arizona U.S Attorneyâ??s Office) the Governor suspended the dispensary portion of the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act with a genuine concern that state employees would be federally prosecuted. Last year, we asked the federal court to provide us with guidance regarding the obvious conflicts between the Arizona law and the federal Controlled Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I know! I found out from the Arizona Department of Health and the Arizona MMJ Dispensary site!

We're so excited over here! :rasta:

Although I to would love dispensaries around too. I just think and hope they are way out in the sticks away from towns. I personally would love to cultivate myself and have my choice and own care of what I smoke. It would still be contributing revenues to local business's and APS. I would love to visit a dispensary and see what different kinds of medicines would be available. I just want to be outside the 25 mile radious so that I may cultivate. I find that part of it medicine in itself. :thumbsup:

I fully agree. It's good for those who can't grow though. As long as they don't get outta hand and greedy like the Cali one's.

All hail, Harry Merkin!

Ya I totally see that. Like older people or people that don't or cant get out to get medicine. Dispensaries will allow delivery of what patient is alowed to have. So I'm pretty sure getting people their meds won't be a problem. If a dispensary pops up in my town i'm moving out of range. Dispensaries are only allowed to move their site every 3 years so maybe i'd be safe for awhile. Can't wait to apply for a delivery driver position for a dispensary. :rasta: