Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1616 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Growing in the southwest

New Mexicann in Santa Fe and Sandia Botanicals in ABQ.There was talk @ New Mexicann of possibly making it a monthly or bi-monthly thing...TBA.The clones came from Sandia.They also have some 4 weeks younger,about 12"H,for half the price of the larger ones.They have 2 Flo's out right now about 18"-20",wide & bushy and a nice dark green.The grower said he was going to flower the 2 I bought,a super silver haze and an ak-47 high cbd, in about10-14 days.Got a 4' dbl bulb t5,54 watt high output w/8900 lumens for $40 and $10 per bulb.Bought a 100' ext cord for $15 and cut 15' off w/the plug,figured I may need the leftover cord down the road.

Growing in the southwest

Does anyone know where to get good qaulity 5 gallon buckets for a decent price?Ive been told to stay away from Home Depots buckets,the intense light has em cracking in no time.

3.   Advertisements

Growing in the southwest

oh ya I got a clone/plant from sandia botanticals "cloneing exchange class" about a year ago. It was a nice healthy looking clone/Plant. I enjoyed the class and people I met. Now about a couple weeks later I was infested with spider mites and I had never had them befor in the years of growing. So after i started inquireing around about SB and found out that they have a real bad spider mite problem and idk y itherthey cant get rid of them or they dont care.. iv learned not to listen to rumers but i got an infested plant from them and it hurt my garden bad. did you have a problem like this at all?

Growing in the southwest

The grower told me they have mites because they grow organically and can only control them but not completely get rid of em.I nuked em 3 days ago and havent seen any...I'll be staying on top of that.They have one of those cloning classes coming up soon I believe.Ive got a 78x78x78 tent arriving tomorrow...huntin a light system now.I'm thinking 600 watt hps w/air cooled hood.I'm cookin co2 w/ sugar & yeast,is there any chance of giving them too much with that setup?I stuck the air tube in a small fan thats blowing on them.It kicks a little bubble out 50x per minute.

Growing in the southwest

wow, so then they sale there buds with mites on them?? I f you have a spidermite problem in your flowering room then the buds are going to have them all in side.. or am i wrong?

im not to expierenced with Co2 but I believe there is always a chance of overdoing it. toxic level for everything. (ecept Cannabis) lol. but i am diping into it now a little bit and I am a quick learner. Are you in the Albq. area??

Growing in the southwest

No,they did't have mites on them when sold,just a few eggs.The grower let me know he had treated them (organicaly) and told me what to look for and some options for control/extermination,I appreciate his honesty.I see my original quote was a little misleading.Optimal amount of co2 for mj seems to be about 1500ppm or so.Too miuch will hurt them.The air we breathe is 450-600 ppm's so you need to get it upwards of 1000 ppm's to make a noticable difference...or thats what Ive gathered from digging around on the internet.I don't think you can over do it w/ the small sugar /yeast setup but not 100% on that yet (not sure I'ts making enough to do much good either,I'll revisit this issue in a week or so after I'm up and runnin).I thought picking out a tent was tough but lights have me stumped a bit.Magnetic or digital/600 or 1000 watt/what type hood/a very wide price range.I am pretty much sold on an air cooled hood, runnig the charcoal filter through the same duct.I need to get em too the flower room next weekend so I have a little time to look around some more.Probably a hood online but I think I will pay a few more $ and get a ballast locally (ABQ) because of the hassle and costs associated with returns/warranties thru the mail,assuming the "store" is even in buisness in a year or 2 when your equipment blows up.They sure took to the transplant and the happy frog nicely...kicked into another gear.

Growing in the southwest

wow i think even eggs are not good?? wow. oh well anyways . the problem on your light set up i would go with digital of course and I personally like to buy light from HTG Supply. they got good prices and great warranties.... every time i seen a local price it is always more then what I can get from a reliable source online. have you heard of the CO2 Bags that they sale for the grow room? have you had any experience with them? I was going to try them out on my garden and see. what you think?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123