Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1515 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Hermies , seeds, nothing?

I'm an experienced grower and only purchase female seeds. I use aeroponics, and have always had great success with all plants. Never had any problems with any female plants. When I go on vacation I have a friend watch them. This time I was gone for 2.5 weeks and one of the 8 plants turned out to be a male and had already began to release pollin before I returned. The females had flowered too. They all were healthy and happy. I removed the male immediately and I'm watching the females to see what happens. I returned 4 days ago and no signs of any changes. Flowers are looking pretty. I've read several articles on this and some say they'll become hermies and some say I'll get good seeds because it was a good male and good female. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

PIF
    Pay It Forward Reviewed by Pay It Forward on . Hermies , seeds, nothing? I'm an experienced grower and only purchase female seeds. I use aeroponics, and have always had great success with all plants. Never had any problems with any female plants. When I go on vacation I have a friend watch them. This time I was gone for 2.5 weeks and one of the 8 plants turned out to be a male and had already began to release pollin before I returned. The females had flowered too. They all were healthy and happy. I removed the male immediately and I'm watching the females to Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pay It Forward
    I'm an experienced grower and only purchase female seeds. I use aeroponics, and have always had great success with all plants. Never had any problems with any female plants. When I go on vacation I have a friend watch them. This time I was gone for 2.5 weeks and one of the 8 plants turned out to be a male and had already began to release pollin before I returned. The females had flowered too. They all were healthy and happy. I removed the male immediately and I'm watching the females to see what happens. I returned 4 days ago and no signs of any changes. Flowers are looking pretty. I've read several articles on this and some say they'll become hermies and some say I'll get good seeds because it was a good male and good female. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

PIF
    Yeah....there isn't much you can do....but wait and see what becomes of it.... This is the exact reason why I don't go out of town for more than two days....because each time I do, I return to something that could have been caught while I was gone....

Anywho....depending on how far along in flower they are....you could spray them down with water to try to rinse off any pollen.... Not sure if it will work but it would make me feel better if I was in your shoes....

Good luck to you....:thumbsup:....

CGI::::::

You got it! Once pollen is wet.. It kills the viability of the pollen. Good call!

Ga.