Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1445 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Botany of Desire

Highly recommend this PBS documentary it makes you think of plants in a whole new way. :thumbsup:

Michael Pollan, a professor of journalism and a student of food, presents the history of four plants, each of which found a way to make itself essential to humans, thus ensuring widespread propagation. Apples, for sweetness; tulips, for beauty; marijuana, for pleasure; and, potatoes, for sustenance. Each has a story of discovery and adaptation; each has a symbiotic relationship with human civilization. The film tells these stories and examines these relationships
    DrWalter Reviewed by DrWalter on . The Botany of Desire Highly recommend this PBS documentary it makes you think of plants in a whole new way. :thumbsup: Michael Pollan, a professor of journalism and a student of food, presents the history of four plants, each of which found a way to make itself essential to humans, thus ensuring widespread propagation. Apples, for sweetness; tulips, for beauty; marijuana, for pleasure; and, potatoes, for sustenance. Each has a story of discovery and adaptation; each has a symbiotic relationship with human Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The Botany of Desire

Quote Originally Posted by DrWalter
    Highly recommend this PBS documentary it makes you think of plants in a whole new way. :thumbsup:

Michael Pollan, a professor of journalism and a student of food, presents the history of four plants, each of which found a way to make itself essential to humans, thus ensuring widespread propagation. Apples, for sweetness; tulips, for beauty; marijuana, for pleasure; and, potatoes, for sustenance. Each has a story of discovery and adaptation; each has a symbiotic relationship with human civilization. The film tells these stories and examines these relationships
    Whats the name of the Documentary..

I found this...http://www.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire...toxication.php

Ga.

The Botany of Desire

OMG! I see the name of it in the title of the thread, now... DUH!

Ga.

The Botany of Desire

netflix instant has it

The Botany of Desire

That link I posted... That's freakin' Timothy Leery,kinda mindset.. I been readin' it.. Stuff that most find out when it's too late..

Ga.

The Botany of Desire

we have all been talking about it around here today, it is really mind opening how they describe plants

The Botany of Desire

That ain't no description!That's a damn,disecting! Over the top,informative and mind altering!hehe:thumbsup:

Ga.

The Botany of Desire

here is one for ya, If you take the seeds out of a apple and plant them they will grow into a completely different species of apple. Oh it helps to be medicated whilst watching

The Botany of Desire

I seen it a few months ago....Excellent program!

The Botany of Desire

Quote Originally Posted by DrWalter
    here is one for ya, If you take the seeds out of a apple and plant them they will grow into a completely different species of apple. Oh it helps to be medicated whilst watching
    Damn skippy they will! My middle name is Johnny Appleseed!

Ga.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast