Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1561 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

9 dollar carbon scrubber.

This is the simplest and cheapest way to make a carbon scrubber. You can get everything at walmart. For this to work you need an exhaust fan and some dryer duct , or whatever duct will work. Here's the list and prices.
    1. Activated carbon in plastic tub. $5.97
    2. Knee high panty hose $.39 cent.
    3. duct tape $ 2.00
    The tools you need are either a soldering iron, a drill , or a screwdriver to poke holes.
    Attachment 281123 This is the carbon to buy.
    Attachment 281124 First you take off the lid and wrap the knee high around it. Then you pour/ stuff all the carbon into the knee high and tie it off.
    Attachment 281125 Now you make your holes. A drill or a soldering iron is the best way just make a bunch of holes the plastic is strong. Now stuff the pantyhose filled with carbon into the holed up tub.
    Attachment 281126 Now wrap the other panty hose on the outside and tie it off . That's it now just duct tape this beast on your duct and it'll work and it's cheap.
    jiggsaw Reviewed by jiggsaw on . 9 dollar carbon scrubber. This is the simplest and cheapest way to make a carbon scrubber. You can get everything at walmart. For this to work you need an exhaust fan and some dryer duct , or whatever duct will work. Here's the list and prices. 1. Activated carbon in plastic tub. $5.97 2. Knee high panty hose $.39 cent. 3. duct tape $ 2.00 The tools you need are either a soldering iron, a drill , or a screwdriver to poke holes. 281123 This is the carbon to buy. 281124 First you take off the lid and wrap the knee Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

:thumbsup:Hi jigg, I like that! You there for Christmas? Kinda homesick? Or have people there with you? My rep's vanished and are hit and miss, so wanted to say Merry Christmas to you!:rasta: pr

Yeah I'm still here I used up all my vacation in july 3 weeks venice beach , hollywood blvd, the hollywood sign,big bear, then chilling at the pool n PS I had my Christmas then i guess. Merry Christmas!

:thumbsup:Indeed that was a delightful Christma in July! Venice B is a great place! Glad to hear you had your xmas vacation. Take Care, :rastar

Thanks for the simple filter, nice Christmas present for all of us, thanks.

I thought of a better way I'll revise this tomorrow with pics. This one works good if you have a high power fan, but I think it'll work if you use less carbon and just cut one big hole in the end. like a big cigarette filter.

dont forget you have to wash carbon with cold water to "activate" it :thumbsup:

cool i didn't know that , makes since though since it goes in fish tanks.

It gets the dust layer off that protects filtering abilities of carbon therefore activating it

What kinda fan are you using to push air jiggsaw?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast