Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1924 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Question about buying a drug test online

Just curious.. why are these so cheap?

amazon.com/Panel-Drug-Testing-Cocaine-Marijuana

Are they even worth buying? I need something to see if im clean for a drug test for a job. I know in the description is says its ideal for work place testing.. but how much can I rely on that?
    bewpy1 Reviewed by bewpy1 on . Question about buying a drug test online Just curious.. why are these so cheap? amazon.com/Panel-Drug-Testing-Cocaine-Marijuana Are they even worth buying? I need something to see if im clean for a drug test for a job. I know in the description is says its ideal for work place testing.. but how much can I rely on that? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

never tried it so i don't know.....its pretty darn cheap.....ive only used the ones at the pharmacies etc and never had a problem....maybe some other member as more info

Your link doesn't work for me, however I bought cheap ones from amazon, though they were the single use strips rather than panel tests.

No idea if they actually work, however mines appear to have, but you've got me para enough to ask one of my smoker mates to try one now lol will do this and let you know if that's any help?

These test panels are cheap because there is really noting to them. They only look for the specified drug metabolites (sort of like a litmus test). The cut off for THC in a test panel is 50ng, so if this is the kind of test you will be subject to, then what ever the results you get will be the same as when you got for your test. However there is another kind of urine test they could do called GC/MS test and this one has a cut off of 15ng and looks at all aspects of your urine. In this case just because you pass a panel test does not guarantee a pass on a lab test.

Quote Originally Posted by csimms
    These test panels are cheap because there is really noting to them. They only look for the specified drug metabolites (sort of like a litmus test). The cut off for THC in a test panel is 50ng, so if this is the kind of test you will be subject to, then what ever the results you get will be the same as when you got for your test. However there is another kind of urine test they could do called GC/MS test and this one has a cut off of 15ng and looks at all aspects of your urine. In this case just because you pass a panel test does not guarantee a pass on a lab test.
    Csimms, your information is incorrect. Lab testing starts off with the Immunoassay, which is a 50ng panel test. The same style of test you can buy at the store, nothing more hightech. If and only if you test above cutoff levels, will the testing process continue to the GC\MS for confirmation. The GC\MS confirms which drugs were present in the urine sample and how much(ng/ml) of those drugs were present.

What Diege said..:thumbsup:

Only the drug panel(s) that have tested "non-negative" on the initial I/A screen undergo the confirmation GC/MS. If the sample is negative on the initial I/A, test is over as a "pass" - no confirmation GC/MS performed.

And by doing a Search in the Drug Testing forum using the terms "functionally equivalent metabolites", you'll discover that although their cutoff thresholds numerically differ, a 50 ng I/A screen is functionally equivalent to the 15 ng GC/MS.

Deige, as far as I know companies can do which ever test they want. If you are currently employed, it is true that they cannot do anything with only positive test results from an Emit test because there are too many possibilities of false positive, so they will take the 2nd part of the same sample and send it off. Howevere I have had some friends that received the GC/MS test from the get go. Maybe it depnds on the field of work they were applying to, but to say that all companies only do an Emit test from the start is not accuarte.

Quote Originally Posted by csimms
    Deige, as far as I know companies can do which ever test they want.
    Howevere I have had some friends that received the GC/MS test from the get go.
    Companies have a bottom line to look after and worry about. The GC/MS is not cheap - not by a longshot. It would cost the employer hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to use the GC/MS as the primary analysis on all of the drugs on a given panel and for each employee/applicant that comes their way. No employer in their right mind of business would imperil their bottom line in such a manner, especially with the shabby economic climate of late. It would be more cost-effective to utilize hair-testing.