Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1522 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Aeroponic AK47 grow

this is my troubleshooting form. I started using the wrong one and then I fixed it to match the hydro one so the numbering might be a little weird but I included all necessary information including aeroponic system info

What is your experience level?
    (first timer - Did about 6 various attempts previously. All failed.) Previous attempt in the aeroponic, everything was going well and BAM, just wilted to nothing. (see http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...oul-smell.html) Also had an almost identical problem with both soil and a hydrobucket on those ruderalis hybrids. auto blueberry and auto white widow I got from The seed I want to try now is one of the "free" ak47 fem seeds they sent with my order.

Your Equipment:
    .1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's) LEDs 90 Watt LED main, 10 Watt blue LED satellite for seedlign phase/veg.
    .2) Distance from tops? A few inches away. Never had any stretching.
    .3) Reflector type? Enclosed, PAR38
    .4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? Yes. 6 inch duct
    .5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? 250 cfm fan on output duct (tent is 40CF)
    .6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? UFO 4 b and with mostly red LEDs, blue led satelliteG) Size of reservoir? Water reservoir is 10 gallon (only 4 used. mist reservoir is 16 gallon.
    .7) Aero setup: Pump size: 500 gph, going to 3 nozzles, running 50 seconds every 15 minutes, and a pipe to fill the fogger container which runs 90 seconds every 4 minutes.

Your medium:
    .7) Specific brand and medium: hydroton, this time I will sterilize it using the bleach / 35 H2O2 method
    .8) Size of container. 5 inch
    .9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings? Rapid rooters

Your nutrients and water:
    I) If using rockwoll for clones or seedlings, did you rinse the cubes well, with properly ph'd water? yes, rapid rooters in RO water
    10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting? RO 10 PPM, Ph about 6
    11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...) liquid, calibrated pen
    12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...) PH up/down
    13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule. Planning on using the micro nutrients and grow from xnutrients at 1/4 strength (1.6 2.1 5.5 of grow), (3.3 0 1.3 of micronutrients). Going to use 10 ml of micronutrients for 4 gallons and 8 ml of grow for 4 gallons. (week one feeding schedule calls for 4 times that)

Details on grow:

Total Nitrogen (N) 1.6%
    0.2% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    1.4% Nitrate Nitrogen
    Available Phosphate (P2O5
    ) 2.1%
    Soluble Potash (K2O) 5.5%
    Magnesium (Mg) 1.0%
    1.0% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
    Sulfur (S) 1.4%
    1.4% Combined Sulfur
    Copper (Cu) 0.002%
    0.002% Water Soluble Copper (Cu)
    Manganese (Mn) 0.05%
    0.05% Water Soluble Manganese (Mn)
    Molybdenum (Mo) 0.0005%
    Zinc (Zn) 0.01%
    0.01% Water Soluble Zinc (Zn

Details on micronutrients:

Total Nitrogen (N) 3.3%
    3.3% Nitrate Nitrogen
    Soluble Potash (K2O) 1.3%
    Calcium (Ca) 5%
    Iron (Fe) 0.06%
    0.06% Chelated Iron (Fe

L) What is the ec/ppm of your unadjusted tap (or filtered) water?

10 ppm

M) What is the ec/ppm of your nutrient solution?

N) What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? (reservoir high and low temps)

~78

O) Does your ec/ppm show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?

Slightly higher. about 10 ppm per day

P) Does the ph fluctuate?

.4 up per day

Q) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you
    spray? (Just after lights come on, just before they go out...)

no

R) How often do you replace reservoir water/nutes? What does it look like before changes? (clear, foamy, green, brown...)

was planning on weekly

Your growroom:
    S) What size of closet, room or hut?

tent 24x36x60 inches

T) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?

75 to 81, 25-30%, 73 to 75

U) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom?

no

V) Are the roots long and white, or brown and slimy?

Out of the rapid rooters the look white and bushy with hairs, Once they exit the bucket and hydroton, they look pretty skinny and a little translucent. No sign of hairs

Your strain:
    W) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?) Fem AK47, Sativa dom
    X) From seeds or clones? seed
    Y) Is this an autoflower strain? no
    gigimarga Reviewed by gigimarga on . Aeroponic AK47 grow this is my troubleshooting form. I started using the wrong one and then I fixed it to match the hydro one so the numbering might be a little weird but I included all necessary information including aeroponic system info What is your experience level? (first timer - Did about 6 various attempts previously. All failed.) Previous attempt in the aeroponic, everything was going well and BAM, just wilted to nothing. (see Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Aeroponic AK47 grow

Here are some photos of how my system looks.

Aeroponic AK47 grow

It looks like you have most everything covered....

I'm baffled as to why your last one just wilted over all crazy the way it did.... I know this thread is about your AK47 grow but....how much time passed from the time that it looked ok until the time you noticed it wilting over???

CGI::::::

Aeroponic AK47 grow

About seven hours. When I looked at it in the morning, it was perky and looking like it was going to explode in size. The third set of true leafs was coming in. The third set did look a little strange though. It had 3 leafs instead of two. Two on one side and one on the other. One interesting thing to note was that the water when I opened up the container had kind of a strange smell to it. Can it be that this RO water that I'm using is contaminated with something? Is that possible? This quick extreme wilting and foul smell has only started when I started using that RO water. Changed all nuts, medium, and environment since. I did have stuff die in soil before though but those were due to over-wattering (root rot), and burn (leafs turned weird colors)

Quote Originally Posted by CanGroIt
    It looks like you have most everything covered....

I'm baffled as to why your last one just wilted over all crazy the way it did.... I know this thread is about your AK47 grow but....how much time passed from the time that it looked ok until the time you noticed it wilting over???

Aeroponic AK47 grow

If your water source is contaminated....it would show during an initial ppm test....

You stated your initial RO water ppm @ 10ppm.... If that's so....I don't think your water is the prob....

Aeroponic AK47 grow

There was this slimy stuff in the solution container. Can that be part of the problem?

Also noticed that the rapid rooter was very wet. How many layers of hydroton should I keep under the rapid rooter? Is there something better than a rapid rooter to prevent moisture buildup? Can I cut a piece of the rapid rooter so that it's more like an aero plug?

Aeroponic AK47 grow

Yeah....you don't want any slime in your rez....

I'd add Ozone by Dutch Master.... It'll keep your rez clean and bacteria free....

Aeroponic AK47 grow

Do you take the rez temp after you open it or while the pump is running ?

Just ask because 78 is still high for rez temp. With the R/O water it is perfect to grow something if warm and no chlorine or anything to kill that unwanted growth. A ciano-bacteria can set in and then you really got a problem.

Def try what was said and add something to stop it.
    Also lower those temps in the rez. I love a good chiller.