Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1635 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Daddy issues...

Just got into it with my pops, and said some pretty mean stuff.
    He left my life when I was four and has only stopped in for a couple hours ever few years.
    Today he called me and invited me to "family Christmas" with his wife, her daughter, and her two kids.
    I been holding how I feel inside me for years, and tonight I finally snapped.
    So I'm sitting here on my couch, with my bowl, and some ice cream, feeling awefull about it.
    How can I fix this? I can't take the words I said to him back, he also can't take what he did back. I want to justify my rudeness by excusing it with me being upset, but its not helping.
    Now he won't text me back and who knows how long untill I hear from him again.
    I know this is depressing, but can someone maybe give some advice?
    Any fathers out there with adult daughters? After a fight, what does the daughter usually supposed to do? I feel lost because its always just been me and my mom, and my mom doesn't act like my dad so.... Idk what to do or say at this point in time.

Sad night for PGS420...
    prettygirlsmokes420 Reviewed by prettygirlsmokes420 on . Daddy issues... Just got into it with my pops, and said some pretty mean stuff. He left my life when I was four and has only stopped in for a couple hours ever few years. Today he called me and invited me to "family Christmas" with his wife, her daughter, and her two kids. I been holding how I feel inside me for years, and tonight I finally snapped. So I'm sitting here on my couch, with my bowl, and some ice cream, feeling awefull about it. How can I fix this? I can't take the words I said to him back, Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Daddy issues...

Try starting a txt with "Daddy I am sorry!" pr

Daddy issues...

Sucks to hear....

My pops left when I was young too....well actually my moms kicked him out....:asskick:....

I'm not sure I can give you any real sound advice but I can say that it's good that you released any tension you'd been holding in....

CGI::::::

Daddy issues...

One of you have to be the better person! You have to start somewhere. I am sure he understands he has not been there for you. I do recall your previous post of this matter. I guess this is one for Bigsby & dads and all thier infinite wisdom. Ease yourself in and be better than him. You don't have to spoil the special holidays you've had planned on being there. Tell him he needs to start slow and take you to lunch. Don't say much and make your polite list of what you would really like to say. I believe most things can be worked out if aired. Some things-just hopeless.

You are a fine daughter and he'd be proud of you. Except, he had little to do with the tuff times you have survived. You need to politely tell him, in person! It may be touch and go for awhile. But, ultimately your need to follow your feelings! Any help? pr

Daddy issues...

Quote Originally Posted by painretreat
    Try starting a txt with "Daddy I am sorry!" pr
    I tried that a couple times now...
    And CGI, I do think I will feel better about releasing that tension after I don't feel so bad about hurting his feelings.

I really do miss him but its been a long time comin...
    My mom didn't kick him out, she passed when I was two-ish, and he wasn't married to her. I was later adopted at age five-ish...
    hey, its gonna be ok... He needs to realize,
    He can run away as many times as he wants... I will still be here.
    He will come back eventually,
    Hopefully sooner than later.
    Yes your always helpful pr.
    Glad ur here and thank u.
    I'm gonna roll a fat one so ill b back in a bit

:jointsmile:

Daddy issues...

My dad passed when I was 30. I never had a chance to see him as an adult, after age 21! Well, that is an old dealt with story. Lets try to make your story a better one. My Dad dropped dead at age 58 of a massive M.I. (oh, Heart Attack)! I went to both his funeral's totally stoned. It helped! But doesn't solve the feelings. It takes time to work them through. Sometimes, we don't always have 'all the time in the world!' hate to tell you my last words to my dad! But, he did deserve it and it would have been nice to have made some effort. Well, I did, I was going to go see him & my mom for X-mas, but work would not let me. He died 2 wks later! pr

Daddy issues...

Quote Originally Posted by prettygirlsmokes420
    Just got into it with my pops, and said some pretty mean stuff.
    He left my life when I was four and has only stopped in for a couple hours ever few years.
    Today he called me and invited me to "family Christmas" with his wife, her daughter, and her two kids.
    I been holding how I feel inside me for years, and tonight I finally snapped.
    So I'm sitting here on my couch, with my bowl, and some ice cream, feeling awefull about it.
    How can I fix this? I can't take the words I said to him back, he also can't take what he did back. I want to justify my rudeness by excusing it with me being upset, but its not helping.
    Now he won't text me back and who knows how long untill I hear from him again.
    I know this is depressing, but can someone maybe give some advice?
    Any fathers out there with adult daughters? After a fight, what does the daughter usually supposed to do? I feel lost because its always just been me and my mom, and my mom doesn't act like my dad so.... Idk what to do or say at this point in time.

Sad night for PGS420...
    I wish it was the other Daddy issues! hehe.... Tryin' to break the ice.. I'm so sorry you and him got into it.. I remember that fight me and mine had! She said some things that she'll never be able to take back.. Granted! Here is what might be the issue with him.. He wants to be confronted face to face. I know... Text him and tell him you Love him! I fall for it,with mine..

You still have to face the issue that's at hand! Still it can't hurt,huh? Behave! Be Strong and let him know how you fell in a suttle manner.. He'll understand in most cases. I don't know everything that has happened? Regardless.. He's tryin' to be there,right? This Daddys always got love for ya!

Ga.

Daddy issues...

PGS 420 you have a lifetime of pain with parents. It is tough being bounced around at such a young age. And supporting yourself as you have! You are a very strong and mature woman, because you had to be.

It is never to late to have a happy childhood! pr

Daddy issues...

I will set up an Im with Yahoo tomorrow. Will talk to you that way. You need some girl talk! O.K.! I have been trying to stay awake so I'll sleep tonigt. I'll use some of my purple urkle for you for now, o.k? Well, this disturbs me for you. Hope I can sleep! Sorry, I so tired!

You've had a pretty tuff week! Your pal's wife and now this! I hate to abandon here, if you like, I will stay up and try to set up a IM with Yahoo right now, remember I da computer idiot! pr

Daddy issues...

Thank you pr, I appreciate your acknowledgment of my attempted maturity..lol
    I know how to take care of myself, yes. But there's still a lot of progress for me to make emotionally.
    I realize now (bouthalfway through my jay of the Detroit kush) that my dad was reaching out to me,
    He wanted me to be with him on christmas, and I fucked it up.
    Well I guess ill just shoot for the next one.
    He smokes too, so I should just show up at his house with a fat sak and talk it out...
    If I knew where he lived....

But I don't, so... I play the waiting game...
    Goodnight pr, plz don't lose sleep over this,
    It will be ok for me it always works out somehow or another

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast