Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1583 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Daddy issues...

He startled you and you reacted to a lifetime of pain. Don't fault yourself. You may not be ready for a Dear Daddy Holiday. Holidays are special to you. Don't fuck up the plans you have! Since, that was your initial desire. You reacted to a sudden shock..

I guess you have his phone #? Don't do anything, until you really work through your feelings and are sure of yourself in this situation! O.K.? You don't want to open up yourself for more pain and disappointment, especially during the holidays. Think it through, you are good at problem solving! pr

2.   Advertisements

Daddy issues...

Are you O.K. for now? I will set up a IM tomorrow? O.K? I am punched right now and will most likely screw it up. Should have done it before! Sorry! Being tossed around at such a young age scars one! I feel for you! I am sure I can safely say, we all do!=pr

Daddy issues...

Yes pr I'm fine, Thank you now sleep! Before you fall over... Idk if my phone does im but its pretty highteck so I'm sure there's an app.
    Ttyt( talk to ya tomrw))
    And thanks agn for the support, I'm very grateful

Daddy issues...

You need to know you protected yourself and that is what you are suppose to do! It was his job to do that and he failed you. You have a process to go through before you can really sit with him! O.K. pr

Daddy issues...

Wow, just came into this, sure struck a cord. Great advise from pr. I, like you, was seperated from my dad when I was very young. It is tough and no one can go through it without pain, and if you don't feel it now you will when you do decide to deal with it. It took me a longer time to deal with it than I wish had been the case, and I felt the same things that you are feeling for a long time, but in the end I forgave myself for all the imagined faults that I had thought I had, and then I was able to forgive the PAST for my father, with that I was able to begin a dialog with the man who would be a friend. My hope for you is that you do take a day or two to process all this and then maybe you might 'reach' back and just ask if you both can start over. It was just as hard for me to rekindle the relationship with my own daughter when it had been strained from divorce too. Gives unfortunately, a not so rare perspective, one of serial family breakups. It is strange to have this view from the child's as well as the parents's perspective, but I can tell you, this is very hard for a father too.
    But, I must agree with pr, that you have a responsibility to yourself, take some time. He did fail. Doesn't mean he always will. He did reach out, it's up to you when you feel that you want to reach back. I wish you peace, and to that end I will now light-up my peace pipe. Mmmmm Bluberry.

Daddy issues...

prettygirl...i dont know what to tell you as i m not a family counselor, but some points. Your father left your life at an early age. He made mistakes. You grew up without knowing what is really up or any communication. Now, he reached out and wanted to be with you for the holidays. You said he smokes, so that is something you have in common and its not a bad idea to ask if he wants to just chill, smoke and talk. i hope you get in touch with him.....both of you need to be logical about this, with a little bit of love....hope it works out for you

Daddy issues...

Thank williboy and kayakush, I appreciate the advice.
    My dad texted me early as Hell, saying that I hurt his feelings.
    He he didn't know I felt that way and he's gonna need some time.
    I feel awefull,but at least he texted back.
    I said ok I love you and I'm sorry.
    Things will work out, but like pr said,I feel like I need to protect myself from getting hurt again.
    I'm sure it will be hard, but I do believe we can work this out over time.

I'm going back to sleep now,
    Thnks guys...

PGS420

Daddy issues...

Good to hear! Just so ya know... We care!

Ga.

Daddy issues...

Quote Originally Posted by GaGrown
    Good to hear! Just so ya know... We care!

Ga.
    Thank you Ga
    And id like to thank pr as well.
    And the others who posted as well, specially those who shared.

Thnx

Daddy issues...

Goodmoring PGS, just getting my last coffee of the A.M. and trying the IM thing! No relationship is absolutely perfect. I am sure many could share a lot of the same!

Now, computer skills. I think the cannacom setting page has a IM set-up. Starting there. Hope Yahoo is easier these days. Catcha soon! pr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast