Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1569 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i plan to move to Germany.

Yeah...

Forget what I said... just talk American to everyone in Europe... They all speak American...

I should know... I live in Europe... And I also lived in Germany for years...

When you move to Germany you will be expected to register yourself in the country... surprisingly the forms are not in 'American', imagine...

But don't worry... I'm sure they will send a community worker your way to help you fill it out (in)...

Best of luck in Germany... great country... great people... pity about the language... but just ignore them when they talk in German to you... They will go away eventually...

2.   Advertisements

what evs

Quote Originally Posted by backwoodsganja
    actually the need to learn german isnt really needed. the schools over there a far from what we have here. They learn german as well as english and most of them learn french. i never had a problem communicating with the locals there.
    "actually the need to learn german isnt really needed"... Perhaps some English is though.. (The first word in a sentence is capitalised)

"the schools over there a far from what we have here"... Yes, they are thousands of miles away... If you are implying that schools in Europe are superior to American schools then I won't try to argue with you. I'm sure you have the odd correct assumption... It's a numbers game really isn't it...

"They learn german as well as english and most of them learn french"... Really, imagine... Germans learning German... (Nouns which refer to country names and also refer to nationality are always capitalised).

"i never had a problem communicating with the locals there"... but only when they could speak English, where did you go in Germany which posed no issue with language ? Did you spend all day in Irish bars ? ... You do know that speaking English in a German accent does not constitute speaking German ! (When referring to the first person singular "I" it also is capitalised)

"what evs "... Really... did you think of that all by yourself ? Good for you ! Your parents should be proud of all the time and money invested in your education. It has armed you with such exquisite control of the English language... Your native tongue...

Anyway, I hope you liked the grammar tips

what evs !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12