Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
11076 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

R.T.E's report on cannabis

hey dudes, there was a report on rte news recently that 1 person a day was being admitted to rehab suffering from mental problems related to smoking "home grown" cannabis and that homegrown can be as strong as weed got in amsterdam. personally i don't believe this but i would like to hear other views on the matter. :thumbsup:
    stelth stoner Reviewed by stelth stoner on . R.T.E's report on cannabis hey dudes, there was a report on rte news recently that 1 person a day was being admitted to rehab suffering from mental problems related to smoking "home grown" cannabis and that homegrown can be as strong as weed got in amsterdam. personally i don't believe this but i would like to hear other views on the matter. :thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

How many get admitted for other drugs ? One a day is only 365 people a year.
    Sure, it would be better if nobody had to go to rehab. Some people have issues with moderation.
    Any drug needs to be taken in moderation. Even food can be dangerous if people don't moderate their eating habits.
    People just need to control themselves. Weed isn't the best motivator for me. I only smoke small amounts and not all the time.
    I don't need to be completely blazed all day.
    Smoke responsibly
    Second LED grow journal: LED grow NO.2, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds Third LED grow journal: http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...k47-autos.html \"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\" Albert Einstein

Well, it is all 'hogwash!' If someone is admitted for mental disease, it is pre-existing! Simple and true. Read Granny Strom Crows list with all the Faqz! And start toking for your mental health, my friend! And it took me decades to resounding stand on soap boxes as much as I can and push for total legalization! :angry3:Thanks for sharing!:joint1: Always good to read as much as you can and this is the place! pr

1) all the recent media attention is based loosely around the nacd report*

2) The report was about the potency of thc products found in ireland HOWEVER rather than just giving the 2 tables of info it used alot of filler, which ended up turning the whole thing in to a farce. It reads like the nacd had an intern who went copy pasting mad with wikipedia.

3) Because it was so crap the media took it upon them selves to sex it up

a)the report did not claim ireland has stronger weed than holland
    b)there is nothing about rehab
    c) it talks for a hand full of lines about psychosis
    d) didnt mention the most alarming finding, highest thc finding in hash was 5.38%, whats the rest?

4) The psychosis crap is based upon the (3 year old) Di Forti report, which did not test samples for thc or cbd.

5) The Di forti report is junk to sum it up as are alot of these psychosis reports which despite all their claims

a) cannot prove cannabis cause's psychosis
    b) completely ignores the facts like this

Roughly 50 percent of individuals with severe mental disorders are affected by substance abuse.

37 percent of alcohol abusers and 53 percent of drug abusers also have at least one serious mental illness.

Of all people diagnosed as mentally ill, 29 percent abuse either alcohol or drugs.

Say you cut your hand and put a bandage on it and went to the dr for stitch's, wtf would you say if he turned around and said that you had a cut on you hand because you used a bandage?

6) (Cant find recent numbs) Coke and heroin killed 160 people in in 2009, we saw the goverment response in terms of treatment and drug warnings on tv. Now if a person a day (thought he said more?) was going into rehab and/or mental health institutions wouldnt we know all about it? Cannabis is the most widely used drug in ireland, wouldnt we have health warnings on tv ,adverts in the paper warning us about reefer madness?

Actions speek louder than words, we hear all this crap but when it comes to spending the money they spend it where its needed, not on cannabis.

7)Remember the driving while stoned campaign last month, what ever happened to that? Why did it only last a few weeks while all the other drug ads went on for months?

8) theres more than a milion medical marijuana patients in the usa and its been freely availabe in the netherlands(lower use) for decades, if cannabis was a danger it would be crystal clear by now

http://www.nacd.ie/publications/thc_cannabis.pdf

thanks for the info trimmer, i heard about the report from a friend and thought i'd put it up, i guess it got chinese whispered somewhere along the way i had my suspicions it was untrue thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

Worded perfectly trimmer.. Fair play mate. Hogwash and anti cannabis propaganda is all it is indeed..
    And for stelth stoner, just in case you aint seen it yet here's a link to grannys list - https://www.greenpassion.org/index.p...90#entry351490

Peace..

EDIT: Here's something else you will find amusing - GardaĆ* reclassify cannabis

I been smokin' since I was 15 and I'm 46 now.. I might be crazy.... But.. I ain't never been admitted... Ain't even got papers sayin' so... Should I go on get them?

Ga.

cheers ned, free the weed:rastasmoke: