Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1718 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

Jojoba,

You will have to do what you think is best. My opinion is, I would go through the complete RSO program, 90 - 120 grams of quality RSO. Then go to maintenance doses after that. I would not take the chemo treatments. I don't fully trust the tumor marker tests. There have been so many false positives and patients are put through the chemo treatments when it was not necessary.

No matter what you decide, I would start taking the RSO now, not after chemo.

Go with what your heart tells you, not what other people tell you.

Good luck and God bless.

Something I would like to add that I am very confident in.

After making the RSO it is not truly ready. I have noticed that some batches are two weeks and others up to 8 weeks before the oil is fully decarbed. That means all the testing and such that I read about is pretty much BS. Without knowing the date the oil was made and when it was sent in for testing. The results are worthless to me. Any testing on the concentrates for THC is worthless to me unless the oil was at least 8 weeks old before being sent in for testing. I have noticed very big differences in the same batch of oil taken weeks apart.

My last batch took 6 weeks to show its full potency. Week 5 compared to week 6, there was at least a 100% increase in potency. Maybe this is because of the methods I use or the strains, I do not know for sure. What I do know, if I make oil again, I will allow it to cure for at least 8 weeks before use. Possibly sooner if I run out. Now that I know of this, I will make sure that I have at least an 8 week supply between batches.

Some of my other batches, they seemed to have peaked in about 2 weeks. The cleaner and higher quality of oil, it seems like it took more time to fully decarb and reach its highest potency.

Another thing I have noticed is that there have been a few times that I have had oil in storage for more than a year and I did not notice any loss of potency. It was stored in syringes which were sealed in a jar.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess

After making the RSO it is not truly ready. I have noticed that some batches are two weeks and others up to 8 weeks before the oil is fully decarbed. That means all the testing and such that I read about is pretty much BS. Without knowing the date the oil was made and when it was sent in for testing. The results are worthless to me. Any testing on the concentrates for THC is worthless to me unless the oil was at least 8 weeks old before being sent in for testing. I have noticed very big differences in the same batch of oil taken weeks apart.

My last batch took 6 weeks to show its full potency. Week 5 compared to week 6, there was at least a 100% increase in potency. Maybe this is because of the methods I use or the strains, I do not know for sure. What I do know, if I make oil again, I will allow it to cure for at least 8 weeks before use. Possibly sooner if I run out. Now that I know of this, I will make sure that I have at least an 8 week supply between batches.

Some of my other batches, they seemed to have peaked in about 2 weeks. The cleaner and higher quality of oil, it seems like it took more time to fully decarb and reach its highest potency.

Another thing I have noticed is that there have been a few times that I have had oil in storage for more than a year and I did not notice any loss of potency. It was stored in syringes which were sealed in a jar.

This brings up a very interesting point. Last year I took free rso from a 'collective' vendor, legitimately given thru the collective. Due to the quantity, I took the 3 pea sized doses and THAT was the dose that seemed to 'start' helping my issues. At that point, I stopped the rso and getting my ducks in a row to re-start, at proper dose.

What amuses me of the above statement is, the last time I spoke with the vendor that made the oil I preferred, He said, "I've been letting the oil 'dry out' until it is hard. My patients love it much better!" Which really does support your statement, GrowGoddess!

I inquired how long it takes until it is hard, and he said, "as long as it takes." Weeks or months.

Thank You GG for posting your results, just I have to come here to get this!

Another comment that same vendor/rso maker made was; "I use the Entire Plant!" I have to tell you, his rso was the absolute best. He also said he puts the plant in an 'olive press'---IDK anything about doing that, but he does grow and make plenty. :rasta: pr

he uses naptha instead of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess

I am chopping my first crop tomorrow. The first thing I want to do is make the oil. If, as you say, it takes 6-weeks for full potency, that's a pretty long time for a cancer patient to wait. Is it okay to start right after the oil is made? I just have minor aches & pains so what would be a maintenance dose? I live on the west side of Michigan & I am legal.
    The second thing I want is to make liquid for my e-cigarettes. My e-liquid juice is made up of pop. glycol & vegetable glycerin. I refill my own cartridges. Do you think if I added some RSO to the bottle of the juice (without the nicotine) that I buy, it would work? I am assuming that's it's legal to make the oil for myself?
    Thank you for all your information.

5.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hottrageous
    I am chopping my first crop tomorrow. The first thing I want to do is make the oil. If, as you say, it takes 6-weeks for full potency, that's a pretty long time for a cancer patient to wait. Is it okay to start right after the oil is made? I just have minor aches & pains so what would be a maintenance dose? I live on the west side of Michigan & I am legal.
    The second thing I want is to make liquid for my e-cigarettes. My e-liquid juice is made up of pop. glycol & vegetable glycerin. I refill my own cartridges. Do you think if I added some RSO to the bottle of the juice (without the nicotine) that I buy, it would work? I am assuming that's it's legal to make the oil for myself?
    Thank you for all your information.
    Yes, you can start eating or using the oil as soon as it is made. The buzz is kind of different, more comfortable and you can consume higher amounts. A basic maintenance dose is about the size of a grain of rice. A lot of that really depends upon how potent the oil is. It is difficult to properly advise unless I know the potency of the oil. A lower potency oil may require a small pea size dose. Super high potency oil may only require a half grain of rice size dose. Start off small and work up to what your body tells you is enough or too much.

No, I do not recommend mixing the RSO with e-cigg oil with no nicotine. The reason why is the e-cigg oil has vegetable glycerine in it, the other half is PG USP. You don't want the VG. It does not mix properly with RSO, there is no need for it. What you want to do is mix PG USP with the RSO. Many of the e-ciggarette shops sell PG USP. Some places call it Kosher Propylene Glycol USP, medical/food grade. Google search for a thread "My Experience With Portable Vaporizers (Pen Vaporizers) For Concentrated Cannabis Oil And E-Cigarette Oil" That may help answer more of your questions.

My all around favorite vaporizing rig is eGo C Twist 650 Variable Voltage pen battery for around $20 with a basic USB charger for about $5 - $10, and for a oil vaporizing attachment (clearomizer) I like the iClear16 the best, less than $10. The iClear16 is rebuildable, you can just simply screw a new heating element into it easy. You can also use the iClear30 element in the iClear16 unit. Not sure which I like better yet.

Hi,

is it possible to buy RSO on line? I'm form Europe.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankdante
    Hi,

is it possible to buy RSO on line? I'm form Europe.
    thanks
    I have heard of people in my country purchasing it from online sellers, even in my state. Same with other marijuana products. As for the quality of the material, I have no idea. I have heard some people complaining that the product was not good, that the buds were moldy.

I would not recommend trying to purchase it online. Honestly, you are lucky if you have a friend that will make quality oil. Keep in mind, some of the solvents people use, like naphtha, to make the oil, if not purged correctly, can make you sick. That is if they use the correct naphtha.

I would not recommend it, very risky, possibly dangerous. Quality RSO should cost at least $50 US per gram if not double that.

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in a loooong time. So a brief update and recap. My dad was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. We made a batch of RSO which turned out great. He only took it a few times and said it gave him a headache. ah well...he basically gave up on it. doctors start chemo and radiation. Lung cancer has now decreased due to the raditation...but the cancer has now spread to other areas of his body including his hip where it has basically eaten his bone away. Hip surgery tomorrow morning. With the discovery of the new cancer spots in his body, they say it is now stage 4 and rapidly progressing.

So...he now is thinking seriously about trying the RSO. The main worry he had the first time around was that we made it ourselves from "locally" sourced herb. Meaning, we had no idea is the stuff we bought was what it was claimed to be. I'm thinking it wasn't an indica like the guy claimed...since it made my dad very awake and headaches. We now are on a search to find some real deal, medical grade herbs or better yet, real deal RSO. The problem is...we live in Minnesota and nothing is legal here.

I've been reading online that Oregon and Maine are pretty easy going on out of staters coming in and obtaining a medical marijuana card. Does anyone here have anything to say about this?

Secondly...is there any other option out there for us to find some help?

WKRMN there is another thread here on some side effects of rso. I had slight/stomach aches with some I 'received.' It was sent to the lab and found to have iso, still in it. Plant material can also cause some indigestion. At the very least with at this aggressive stage...it will certainly relieve his symptoms and pain, with luck and prayer--maybe even cure or stall the progression.. pr

Finally DID IT!!! Made my first rso with Jack Herer. I fretted for a year over absolutely nothing. I read and read and watched videos and read of some stoners burning themselves while handling the rice cooker. Had healthy fears and anxiety. Took all precautions and had a few fire extinguishers handy. Didn't lick my fingers or anything until the 'clean-up' Clean Up was the 'fun' part.

Slept the best I have in 2 years. I had tried several oils last year and noting the big 'Difference' in the oils and my effects, I knew there was a big difference. With the urging Of GrowGoddess of "Making Your Own Oil" ...Absolutely make your OWN oil, even with purchased buds. Do your homework first. I watched the video many times and read and re-read this thread and any I could find on this topic, everywhere.

Definitely make your own.

A bigger problem is getting the correct solvent in California. Naptha is no longer allowed here and a Industrial Maintenance Coating and Thinner with absolute no listed chemical name on the container, not even for poison control. The coating was what tossed me for a spin, so I passed on that. Went to Wal-Mart for syringes and iso, nope...only 70% and nothing behind the counter--probably new rules in California too! So the liquor store I went---Everclear 151 that was all I could find.. Pretty tough day. Most liquor stores only had pint bottles and I passed on that. Finally went to the 'local' liquor store and he made me a "Deal"---yes, I asked for a really GOOD Bargain deal at retail store with clearly marked prices! So he pops up with, I own 3 other liquor stores in the area and we drove to all of them and acquired the liquor including rum 151 and everclear. I can clearly see solvents as being a MAJOR ISSUE in the state of California and that was most likely the PROBLEM I discovered from different caretakers oils. And as per a previous post here is most likely WHY the naptha based oil made the BIGGEST difference from all the oils I had used and the reason I quit all oil an waiting to do it myself. Noting that in subsequent conversations with the person that made the naptha based oil had switched to vodka; now, I know why--no Naptha in Calif.

I put Half and Half cream in my rice cooker and let it boil the extra med off the sides and bottom of the rice cooker. I made some coffee and used it about 4 hours ago...the effects just comes in waves and I am more couchlocked than ever, from the 'clean-up'

Having a "PainFree" day in Southern Calif. an too stoned!!! i'll be looking for High CBD mixtures--no doubt, I cannot function on the cannacream alone!:tin foil hat:, about to see alien.:thumbsup: pr

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast