Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1776 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

My Experience with Rick Simpson Oil

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby
    Nice work you are doing. I will definitely give the simpson oil a go if I ever build up that kind of inventory... I'm curious about how you store it and how you dispense it? Also, do you have a sense of shelf life?

You're grow space looks awesome. Well done. You must have been well pleased with yourself when that was completed. I'm wondering about the square footage of each room? Also, do you use the greenhouse vaporizer for sulfur? Can you educate us a bit on that? And finally, after completing your build and putting it through its paces, what would you do differently if you were starting again? I completed a much smaller, studs to lights build about a year ago. My only real gripe is where I placed one or two of the outlets. They should have been a bit higher is all. Not much of a gripe really.
    Dispensing of the oil is from the syringes it is stored in, just a little pressure on the plunger. As for the shelf life, according to Rick Simpson and his group at PhoenixTears, it has a very long shelf life. If kept in the refrigerator and well sealed, it should last years. So far I have one syringe that is from 9 months ago, which as been stored in a safe, and the oil is the same as when it was first made. It is probably the best way to store medical marijuana for long term, in oil form.

The main room that the flower closet is in, is around 135 sf. The closet itself is around 40 sf.

I have used the greenhouse vaporizer for sulfur, only needed to use it once though. I had encountered powdery mildew and the sulfur burner solved the issue 100%, never had an issue since. I only used the sulfur burner for a couple of hours in the grow room. I did two treatments during the time the lights would be on, but had the lights off. I do not recommend running a sulfur burner for more than 2-4 hours, or letting the sulfur burn. In my use, I only let the sulfur melt, I wouldn't allow it to burn. Just my opinion.

Would I have done anything different? Now that is a great question!
    Well, fortunately not much would I do differently. I would have tiled the floor before starting a grow though. The fan speed adjusters, I wanted the type that mount on the wall, like what you would use for a household ceiling fan, but they were out of stock and I was low on patience! So I just got the speedster controllers, I have no complaints with them except for the wires being visible. Now that I know, I would have had my veg room completely rebuilt before putting the flower room in use. I underestimated the intensity of the 1000W HPS lights. My current veg room did not properly accommodate the new flower closet. There was not enough light in veg to where the plants had a difficult time adapting to the intense light in the flower room. If I just put the plants into the flower room without training them, they would end up with severe UV burn. Not sure if UV burn is the proper statement, but the plants had a difficult time adapting right away. My new veg room needs HID rather than High Output fluorescent. I may be able to better answer the question "Would I have done anything different" after completion of my future project, a new flower closet using (3) 600W HPS, with a little different shape of room, but very close in square footage. I have never used a 600 watt light before. It was a difficult decision with the first closet between (3) 600W or (2) 1000W lights. I went with the (2) 1000W because they were less expensive than (3) 600W. If I ever get the 600W closet done, and run a comparison between the two closet, I will be sure to report the results.

Thanks for the comments!

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess
    Naw, just GrowGoddess from Michigan. Never used any other screen name when it comes to growing mj.
    I assure it was an Awesome compliment... Hell.. Check her posts... I've always had the same one myself.

Ga.

:420thought:Say, GroGo, if you have time and most likely you are keeping records of which types of ca & dose, etc. Would really be interested. I've read a lot of studies that imply, just as you, that mmj may cure some cancers. Am very interested in it. As, I believe people like you, with controlled growing and experimention can help to document.

There is no one like our precious Stinky! Just for a tidbit of info here: She and Image Reaper took 4th place in the Cannibis Cup a few years back with NorCal Daddy's Girl! I am sure we would definitely recognize a post by Stinky Attic. Oddly, I was thinking the same thing GG, but figured the post might get nuked and did not want the thread to change its' content!

Your purples picture and post is totally awesome. Haven't seen such pretty purples like that. Nice to know, better to grow in winter for color!:smokin: pr

Quote Originally Posted by GaGrown
    I assure it was an Awesome compliment... Hell.. Check her posts... I've always had the same one myself.

Ga.
    Oh yes, I took it as a complement. Thanks! I will be sure to check out those posts. I think I have heard that name somewhere, maybe in a magazine, can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by painretreat
    :420thought:Say, GroGo, if you have time and most likely you are keeping records of which types of ca & dose, etc. Would really be interested. I've read a lot of studies that imply, just as you, that mmj may cure some cancers. Am very interested in it. As, I believe people like you, with controlled growing and experimention can help to document.

There is no one like our precious Stinky! Just for a tidbit of info here: She and Image Reaper took 4th place in the Cannibis Cup a few years back with NorCal Daddy's Girl! I am sure we would definitely recognize a post by Stinky Attic. Oddly, I was thinking the same thing GG, but figured the post might get nuked and did not want the thread to change its' content!

Your purples picture and post is totally awesome. Haven't seen such pretty purples like that. Nice to know, better to grow in winter for color!:smokin: pr
    I have been keeping records on making the oil. So far though I have only made the oil mixed with 4 strains as recommended from Rick. I am hoping in the future I will have some records of the individual strains when making the oil, haven't reached that point yet.

I have done quite a bit of research on the oil and the effects on some cancers and other illnesses. There is solid evidence that the oil does shrink tumors and cures some cancers and other diseases. One patient I have encountered has severe gout. He took only a few doses of the oil, and the gout literally disappeared from his knuckles. Three months later, without taking any more oil, the gout had not returned to his knuckles and the gout on the rest of his body is still visible, but the swelling was reduced a bit. If he went through the full treatment, I believe the gout would be completely gone. There are many others doing studies and keeping records. More and more information is becoming available about the oil and its medicinal values. It is very exciting really. Like Rick Simpson says, "The plant cannot be patented" so the pharmaceutical companies are making sure that mj continues to be illegal or they will lose billions of dollars. Hemp used to be in almost all medicines 100 years ago.

Thanks again for your complements.

That is a good one. I am so for Legalization. I know so many with illness and unable to convince them to use Cannabis. Too 'old school.' Tried to convince someone last summer, only 82 yrs old to try it for multiple medical problems. Sometimes I wish I could figure out a way to avoid my guilt and slip some in pills to them! Not that brave though. I simply stick to 'education' and hope it sinks in!

Willing cancer patients--does it get much better? Don't think so! Took care of a friend 10 years ago and got some good grade to give and ended up using it myself to dull the affect of 'stubburness' of an idiot with cancer! Managed to get her Doc on the phone and explained on a Friday he needed to do something before the Sat. unable to keep anything down or 'in'. What a friggin mess it was. By Sunday had to get admitted to Hospital for 4 days due to ineffective case management. Was a popular HMO here. Raised hell with them for it. The doc 'vanished' within a month! When I get someone on my radar, I just don't quit. He was the director of the Cancer Dept!

Cancer, is not my field of specialty. But, has become a great area of continued education and research-as if we live to be 'old enough' we can manage to get some sort of cancer. Since, we all have cancer cells in our bodies, we need to learn more about, 'not feeding the random cells.' gotta go a 5 yr. old needs my attention! pr

2x 600w are the way to go. Considerably less heat and much better coverage. Plus you can get one ballast to drive both lights. The efficiency gains are considerable. What kind of ballasts are you running? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Powerhouse magnetic 400w HPS. Best quality ballast as far as I can tell. 8 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsby
    2x 600w are the way to go. Considerably less heat and much better coverage. Plus you can get one ballast to drive both lights. The efficiency gains are considerable. What kind of ballasts are you running? I'm about to pull the trigger on a Powerhouse magnetic 400w HPS. Best quality ballast as far as I can tell. 8 year warranty.
    I am running the 1000W switchable powerhouse ballast, 8 year warranty. Nice and quiet, low vibration, old school reliable in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGoddess
    I am running the 1000W switchable powerhouse ballast, 8 year warranty. Nice and quiet, low vibration, old school reliable in my book.
    Sometimes old school and simple is the only way. My $120 magnetic ballast has lasted me 4 years, while my fancy 300$ digital ballast lasted a whole 7 months before shorting out!

I was looking digital but the more I read about the electronic ballasts the less I liked what I was reading. Seems they have serious issues and the power saving is not that dramatic. After doing my homework I decided I want to go with a ceramic metal halide bulb which solidified my choice of a magnetic ballast as they don't run off of e-ballasts. Then I came across the powerhouse ballasts and was very impressed by the 8 year warranty. No one even comes close to that which leads me to believe they must produce a damn good product if they are willing to back it with that kind of warranty.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast