Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1958 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

curing???

So I'm almost ready for harvest of my crop. I'm super excited because the buds look good. I want to k.ow how long they need to be cured for? And what's the best method? I clipped a bud a few days ago and its dry. I stuck it in a jar with a fresh leaf, not yet smelling as good as it looks. I hope its not all like that. My grow room wreaks like dank and my plants do too, but are my buds gonna have that nice, stinky smell too? Once they dry and you break them up, are.they gonna stick, and stink up my fingers? Or did I do something where they look good but smoke shitty?
    Here's a bud pic...
    prettygirlsmokes420 Reviewed by prettygirlsmokes420 on . curing??? So I'm almost ready for harvest of my crop. I'm super excited because the buds look good. I want to k.ow how long they need to be cured for? And what's the best method? I clipped a bud a few days ago and its dry. I stuck it in a jar with a fresh leaf, not yet smelling as good as it looks. I hope its not all like that. My grow room wreaks like dank and my plants do too, but are my buds gonna have that nice, stinky smell too? Once they dry and you break them up, are.they gonna stick, and stink up Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

curing???

Hers. Three diff kind. Diets one is h.b. second one is super lemon haze, third one is sour Hindu.

curing???

7 - 14 days, after being jarred, is usually when the nice danky cured cannabis smell starts.... Just be sure to burp the jar(s) and leave them open longer if the moisture from within the buds makes them feel wet again....

If the smoke is harsh, you either have a hot soil or didn't flush well enough....but if you can put those two factors down, then you should be good....

As for how sticky is the icky going to be....that one you'll have to let us know about....

Happy Growin....

CGI::::::

curing???

Ok, so I think I did my first plant wrong.
    Curing is the process after harvest, before drying, during which many of the cells metabolic processes continue for a while. The cells retain moisture and convert complex carbohydrates back into simple sugars and break down some pigments, including Chlorophyll. As the Chlorophyll is metavolized, the bUd turned a lighter shade of green. Other pigments formerly hidden from the Chlorophyll, become apparent, coloring the bud with red, yellow, and purple highlights. Buds that are dried too quickly retain more Chlorophyll and have a greener more minty taste, buds that are cured properly have the smooth draw of fine herb.
    Since I'm obviously slow I think I'm going to need a step, by step.
    From cutting the stalk to rolling it up. If someone could do that for me is be very appreciative.

curing???

Here's a good read.... http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-faqs...your-buds.html

I agree with Zandor except for the "wait until the stems snap before jarring".... By then it's too dry....

If you still have questions....ask....

curing???

Thanks a bunch cgi, there's been much controversy over the.drying/curing method around this way.
    Glad you could direct me, I knew what needed to happen, just was unsure how to get it done.

curing???

I didn't have much time yesterday so....now that I do have a some, hope you don't mind me sharing how I go about drying and curing....

First, I remove all leaves as close to the flowers as possible without cutting the flower, while harvesting.... Fan leaves in one pile....trim leaves in another.... After they are mostly manicured (you don't have to trim every single trim leaf all the way down....this will be done before completely curing....) I hang them to dry in a custom box that I made.... The box has two strings strings running across the width where I place each plant to dry (single cola....SOG....).... You can easily use any cardboard box(es) available.... After they are all hanging and ready to dry....I run a 12" fan to blow air above and away from the box.... I do this to avoid the possibilty of bud rot....because my largest flowers are usually big thick and dense.... Oh and the box doesn't have a top....

After about 72 hours....they are usually dry to the touch.... The branches still bend and do not snap however do feel dry on the exterior....if they still feel wet, they aren't ready for the next step.... Once they do feel dry on the exterior.... I remove each flower from each branch and place it in a plastic shopping bag.... The sides of the bag are rolled down so it is half open like a basket or bowl.... Don't fill the half open bag....only a QP or so in each one.... After placing flower in the half open bag....I place the bags behind the fan so air/moisture blows away from flowers.... I move the flowers around a couple times while in the half open bag.... After 24 hours of being behind the fan the should feel a little harder and drier.... Now they are ready for the jar....

After being in the jar for 24 hours....I check each one for moisture present.... If the flowers feel moist again....I place the jar behind the fan for a bit.... Once they feel not as moist....close the jar for another 24 hours....repeat process if still feels too moist....by this time, they are usually dry.... Once dry I burp the jars for 30 minutes every 24 hours for the first week....

I start neatly manicuring each flower after they've been jarred for 7 days.... You can sample them anytime you'd like once they are dry.... You can tell a significant difference between flowers that have been jarred and cured properly over flowers that have just been dried.... After neatly manicured, you can bag them or keep them in jars....that's up to you.... Personally, I bag em....

Hope this helps....

curing???

Here is a good section on curing.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-faqs...your-buds.html

You should find everything you need to know.

I have it as a link on my grow journal home page:- Led Logger

Hope this helps.
    Second LED grow journal: LED grow NO.2, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds Third LED grow journal: http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...k47-autos.html \"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\" Albert Einstein