Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1489 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Nutes during flower

I have 2 WW and 1 AK 48 currently in flower (since sept.25). Since I only have 3 buckets, I just normally do a complete nute change every 3 days, and have always had excellent results with healthy plants and great yield. Today I decided to test the water I took out of the pots, and as a result I have a question. I start a new batch of nutes with a PH of 5.2, and a PPM of around 600 to 700. After testing today, my PH was 6.8 Which I would consider normal, but my PPM was up to 1100. I would have thought the plants would use up some of the nutes, but instead it appears they are using up pure water, and leaving the nutes behind. Any words of wisdom on this? This is my third grow, so I am definitely still a noob.
    Thanks for reading my post.
    Clstgrwr Reviewed by Clstgrwr on . Nutes during flower I have 2 WW and 1 AK 48 currently in flower (since sept.25). Since I only have 3 buckets, I just normally do a complete nute change every 3 days, and have always had excellent results with healthy plants and great yield. Today I decided to test the water I took out of the pots, and as a result I have a question. I start a new batch of nutes with a PH of 5.2, and a PPM of around 600 to 700. After testing today, my PH was 6.8 Which I would consider normal, but my PPM was up to 1100. I would have Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Nutes during flower

I just noticed I stated WW, when in fact this grow is Snow White. Sorry for the confusion.

Nutes during flower

In flower it has been my observation that they do take in more water than nutes and aprox twice as much water as veg

Nutes during flower

That's right tinyroom. They will suck up a lot more water in flower. Part of that is because they are building buds and creating resin but part of that is because they are bigger plants, with more leaves, and therefore the expire more water.

Nutes during flower

Hey now my room wasn't that small

Nutes during flower

Another thought worth mentioning.... Did you top off with plain water before taking that reading???

CGI::::::

Nutes during flower

straight out of the pot before I topped off. I have posted some pics of my current grow. Very large plants, but really are doing well. I am getting some amber, and will probably harvest over the Thanksgiving holiday. I trimmed the trash off the bottom ot the ladies about 2 weeks ago, put a 4 bulb, 4 ft, T5, and the small buds on the bottom have exploded in size. I will post more picks during harvest.

Nutes during flower

Quote Originally Posted by Clstgrwr
    straight out of the pot before I topped off....
    That's why your ppm count was higher.... Plant(s) are drinking more water less nutes....therefore when you took a reading before topping off, the reading was higher than anticipated....

Top off for an accurate ppm count....

CGI::::::