Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Harvest or Not Harvest, that is the question

I tell ya, every time I walk into the grow room, I just drool. I'm still very much a novice at this, and I'm basically just guessing still. I'm going on week 7 of flowering, and if I'm thinking correctly, you can havest between 6 and 8 weeks, right? I know, I'm suppose to use handheld telescope and look for when the mushrooms heads turn from a milky white to an amber. They seem milky white to me...but then again, I'm just anxious to harvest. Now what I'm beginning to notice, is that right were the seeds usually come out, their starting to swell up, and I made sure they weren't seeds, cause I would of been pissed, but I'm told their suppose to be THC pods...I don't know, maybe my buddy was trying to blow smoke up my ass. I'll figure it all out someday I'm sure, but like I said before, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun, and isn't thats what it's all about?

Attachment 279962Attachment 279963Attachment 279964

I know you can't really tell to much out of this, but if you were me, and you were going in week 8 and they looked this delicious, and your tired of commercial grade weed, what would you do?
    rcpilot04401 Reviewed by rcpilot04401 on . Harvest or Not Harvest, that is the question I tell ya, every time I walk into the grow room, I just drool. I'm still very much a novice at this, and I'm basically just guessing still. I'm going on week 7 of flowering, and if I'm thinking correctly, you can havest between 6 and 8 weeks, right? I know, I'm suppose to use handheld telescope and look for when the mushrooms heads turn from a milky white to an amber. They seem milky white to me...but then again, I'm just anxious to harvest. Now what I'm beginning to notice, is that right Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I know I'm still giving them to much fertilizer, cause of the browning and burning of many leaves, but I am getting better. I find that getting a bigger water can, instead of using gallon milk jugs, is a lot better to diluteing the fertilizer in the water. But when I do finally get it dialed in, I'm going to expand so I can become a caregiver, or just smoke a hell of a lot of weed...lol

Wait. It is worth it. You will see huge production over the next two weeks. They will swell by 15 - 20% in the last few weeks. Remember, after you cut them down you still have a few weeks of dry and cure ahead... d'oh! And get yourself a little magnifying glass. You can pick up jewelers eye piece for $8 maximum. 10x magnification is sufficient. You've come this far so why not get it right? Also, I assume you are flushing now with straight water, yes?

Oh I see we posted at the same time. If you didn't start flushing do it now. Straight water. No more ferts.

10 4 with the water...I do have one more question...I was looking over my other plant...and I noticed 4 or 5 yellow, almost banana like shaped pods on a couple of buds. I couldn't tell if they were turning yellow or just started growing or what they were doing. But I didn't want to take any chances, so I got some tweezers and I plucked everyone I saw. Hope that was the right thing to do, I hope it isn't turning all hermy on me in the last couple of weeks, so I will be checking on that one every couple of hours and keeping a close eye on it. I hope it isn't, it's such a gorgouse plant, it was budding in all the right areas. It's one of those grows that you take pics of and send to high times...lol. Tried to get a pic, but it was too small. I looked up some pics of hermies, but I didn't notice any balls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Uh... yes sounds like your plants are going hermie. However, it you are in the last two weeks it shouldn't be a huge problem as any pollinated buds won't have time to develop seeds. However, continue to pluck any nanners that you find and do your best to find them all. The bad news is that some will be buried in the bud which you will miss. You want water them for 2 weeks with straight water before you harvest to remove the fertilizers.

Shit...and I've been cloning 'em...I hope the others don't show the same traits.

Do you think they went all hermy on me cause they were under stress?

Hard to say. Did you stress it? Nute problems? Lighting issues? Water / heat problems? Like I said, get your flush going, run it out another two weeks and cut em down. So long as they just started showing up you'll be fine. But do flush the ferts out if you can.

I didn't want to take a chance of it seeding all the other girls in the room and I took it...oh well, I did take clones of her. Hopefully the decendants won't turn on me. Wish me luck.