Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1972 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

What is wrong with my babies?

My girls are about 2 weeks old, lately i have noticed four of 12 seem to be getting sick. The leaves appear to have brown spots on them. Does anyone have any idea what it is? Any help is much appreciated.
    [attachment=o279654]
    [attachment=o279655]
    [attachment=o279656]
    [attachment=o279657]
    [attachment=o279658]
    J-dubb206 Reviewed by J-dubb206 on . What is wrong with my babies? My girls are about 2 weeks old, lately i have noticed four of 12 seem to be getting sick. The leaves appear to have brown spots on them. Does anyone have any idea what it is? Any help is much appreciated. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Not 100% sure but it appears as though that have been subject to too much moisture.... The rockwool looks very soggy.... Just my :twocents:....

CGI::::::

Thank you for your help, i took these pictures right after they were watered. Any idea how i could keep the rockwool not so wet? I water 3 times a day for 15 minutes during light hours. They really seem to suck up all the water.

Right now that they are so little, 1 - 15min watering might be all they need.... You can pick up each individual cube to find out how much moisture is in them by weight....

The little one in the first pic looks like it's already suffering root rot, keep an extra eye on that one....

They'll do much better with a wet to dry cycle....

CGI::::::

yup way to wet. the first one has a hint of algae starting to grow on top. U have a fan blowing on them?? will help dry them blocks out some. What are drippers set at?? IMO I think cutting down to 1 watering per day is to much of a cut, I would try 2 waterings 12 hours apart and if you can cut time down lower than 15 drop it to 10 mins.

All the reply posters are right on! Are you using any nutes on the seedlings? Did you test the rockwool for ph before you put seeds in the cube?

I use the rockwool cubes too. I have found they tend to hold the nutes and burn your tender lil' ones. Don't take much with a seedling. It only has one root to damage and it's all over for that seedling. Just a couple of questions that come to mind worth mentioning.

Peace!
    Ga.

I did check the ph , it was at 5.5. I have changed the water schedule two times a day 12 hours a part 10 minute a piece. I will post the results in a week or two. Thanks for the feedback

that PH is borderline low