Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1657 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

DWC--- Am I doing this right?

Hey all, I'm currently a soil grower and want to switch to dwc. So right now i have going a 3 gal bucket, 5in net pot with rinsed and phed hydroton. Using a 50 gal aquarium air pump with 2 airstones in the res. bucket is black and have taped off the clear air lines. She is around 4 week old clone about 6-8 in tall. Im using GH 3 part with the hard water micro since i'm using tap water. My waters ppm is at about 180. i'm following Ghflora nute schedule. she was growing nice and fast for the first 2 weeks, now not so much.. I'm trying to keep the ph at 5.8 but she drifts daily after about 12 hours to about 6.3 +. Ppms are at 750. Is that too high? Is ok to add ph up daily? PPms dont seem to move that much. I clean the buckets once a week and add nutes and ph to 5.8. Ive read its good to have ph rise, but i thought it was suppose to rise over the week? not daily.. res temps max 70. Thanks for any guidance u all can give me. Space
    spacemyface Reviewed by spacemyface on . DWC--- Am I doing this right? Hey all, I'm currently a soil grower and want to switch to dwc. So right now i have going a 3 gal bucket, 5in net pot with rinsed and phed hydroton. Using a 50 gal aquarium air pump with 2 airstones in the res. bucket is black and have taped off the clear air lines. She is around 4 week old clone about 6-8 in tall. Im using GH 3 part with the hard water micro since i'm using tap water. My waters ppm is at about 180. i'm following Ghflora nute schedule. she was growing nice and fast for the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Sounds like you've got a good hold on things. PPM's might be a little high, but I dont know about those nutes. I used fox farms and in veg I was at 400-500PPM, but Im thinking your PPM SHOULD be ok.. Not sure though. You mean pH down? Because your pH is going up... I didn't do it that way. I let the pH rise, and as water got lower in res, I checked ppms, fed if I needed too, then pH'd it at the end. But either way it shouldnt matter that much unless for some reason your pH H+ is touching the roots as you put it in.. Are you picking up the bucket and placing it aside while you adjust pH and such? What is temp of grow room? And what lights are you using?

Thanks salvein

Yes! Ph down is what I meant

I too think the ppm is high, But ph isn't low ? Also not seeing any Signs of burning. Also something im not sure about is that my ppm hasn't moved since I cleaned and refilled Rez. Water has gome down and topped off but ppms been at 740 all week?

Hmm, yes when I add my ph - ive just been sliding the lid over and adjusting like that, not good? Also it seems the air bubbles makes my ppm meter jump around a bit so I hold it off to the side of bucket to get readings.

My ambient temp is about 70 but is a bit cooler at night.
    For lights I'm using an 8 bulb t5 fixture.

check ur PPM meter with some water other than ur rez to make sure it not broke

video didn't work.

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook