Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1652 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Computer Understanding Help?

I don't profess to be a computer techie or know much about it, except what I read and mostly: What I have asked here or read. And I certainly am grateful for all the kind tutorials! Now, why I have a question. In the past, I have seen (well, I won't use derogatory names) but people putting there name on as their 'screen member name.' I have read, it is Permanent. I have seen some write in and request to have there membership erased and no crumbs left of it (years ago). And read a response that, you simply need not log in and you are no longer a member. As 'we cannot remove you.' I may be recalling incorrectly and can always stand to be corrected. But, banned for life seems to be the rule and not the exception!

Back to the big question: I have some threads I have subscribed to 3 years ago, which could be relavant today (I loved them and wanted to drop back in). So, I clicked to open them, only to find: No longer exists, go to administrator. So, looked up member (The thread) and member no longer exists?? Now, I Goggle the members (or 'released' members name) and find posts that refer back to canna.com? How could that be? Please friends-no need to incriminate yourself. But, if you can explain how or why the old friends are errased and others can't be at their request? I simply think oversight is a better answer than one against the rules or mean against any person. AS some of the posts tend to grow feelings and that cannot be.

Thanks pr
    painretreat Reviewed by painretreat on . Computer Understanding Help? I don't profess to be a computer techie or know much about it, except what I read and mostly: What I have asked here or read. And I certainly am grateful for all the kind tutorials! Now, why I have a question. In the past, I have seen (well, I won't use derogatory names) but people putting there name on as their 'screen member name.' I have read, it is Permanent. I have seen some write in and request to have there membership erased and no crumbs left of it (years ago). And read a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The reason you get the message when trying to access older threads or subscribes, is due to the forum version. When Vbulletin went from version 3 to version 4, if the database wasn't correctly upgraded to work with version 4, then you get left with the message that you have seen. It can be rectified, but only by someone who has direct access to the database that was originally part over version3 of the site and not version 4.

Everything is still in the original database, but just not accessable at this point.

Thanks CG, makes sense to me??? Guess next time I take my laptop on for a check-up I'll write this down and ask! Well, maybe I'll just take it into a meeting and let one of the guys look at it! pr