Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1566 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Couldn't stop shaking

Last night my wife, who has a low tolerance, ate half a brownie that the sister-in-law made. Man she was so high I was almost jealous. She started shaking uncontrollably and her eyes couldn't open and she couldn't talk. I had to hold her head still so I could give her a drink of her Sobe water. She has had brownie before and that didn't happen. This one was just cannabutter marshmellows and golden grahams. So I think she just got too high. She woke up fine today. Has that ever happened to any of you?
    HomegrownInIdaho Reviewed by HomegrownInIdaho on . Couldn't stop shaking Last night my wife, who has a low tolerance, ate half a brownie that the sister-in-law made. Man she was so high I was almost jealous. She started shaking uncontrollably and her eyes couldn't open and she couldn't talk. I had to hold her head still so I could give her a drink of her Sobe water. She has had brownie before and that didn't happen. This one was just cannabutter marshmellows and golden grahams. So I think she just got too high. She woke up fine today. Has that ever happened to any Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Couldn't stop shaking

First, I would like you to know, I HAVE seen people "can't stop shaking" in the ER as a result of hyper-ventilation. When it starts, if that is the case, you would need to give her a brown bag and tell her to relax and breathe slowly and purposefully into the bag and exhale in bag, until symptoms stop. It is difficult to tell if that was the case here! Then it went to a panic type of attack. Hypoxia of sorts!

I have read some other posts of the exact same thing! Pot is used by some to control epilepsy-so rest assured, doesn't really sound like a seizure. I would figure, most likely, it was too much sativa! The medibles are are my secret pleasure! Most people would be jealous of that! I had subscriptions to the threads, but my mailbox filled up and rejected some canna.com email and now I do not receive my email subscriptions to threads. (hopefully they will restore that for me).

First thing, please never try to give water or food to someone that is not alert enough to talk, swallow or having problems with motor functions. If choking, attempt to remove whatever it is with your fingers or Heimlt. manuever.

If you Google, Granny Storm Crow's List (a former member, I can no longer find on this site, however, her list may be here, as it was posted once) does have a list of pot use for ailments.

I would suggest if your wife is concerned, she wait and get a physical and tell her doctor what you reported seeing in her. No need to tell about the mj. If there is any underlying problem (however mild it may be)-she needs to be aware to curb her fears or go to a mmj Dr and tell him. If she doesn't get it checked out, most likely she will never 'have a good time' with you again! It doesn't sound like a seizure and I personally would not go to a Dr. and run a risk of having her driver's license flagged (which is a possibility). If you do feel it was a seizure-she should be checked.

As I recall, in one of the threads of this nature, some guys just put the 'girl-friend' in the car and dumped her off at an E.R. and found out she was fine later.

You did the Correct thing and #1 rule::thumbsup: Do Not Panic! Keep your cool and watch her until she is fine! Be supportive, keep her safe and get the facts. My niece at the age of (well I am old) 37 had seizure disorder that just appeared in a similar fashion. In her case, there was an unknown family history. A family history and any other medical information will be helpful for the Dr. or her. I doubt she will feel good until she knows if she has a propensity in that fashion or it was simply a fluke!

By now, you have most likely visited some of the threads. Unfortunately, I doubt the people that have the same experience will be checking in until the week-end.

There is always the chance that she hyperventilated, which would attribute to similar episode followed with a panic attack. Without more symptoms described, it is a difficult thing to give advice on. It would be nice if she would check in and write her experience. But, fortunately, you did! It may have been panic induced and in the future she needs to 'enjoy the ride' and not be apprehensive. As, you cannot overdose on pot and marshmellows (well, maybe the marshmellow-lol), most uncomprehendable side effects are emotion induced!

I would like to know your Budder-maker! Jealous Too! The edible place is a good place to post this. You may want to post in the Medical section, as well. Often, with 24/7 work schedules some of the medical people do not check in the baking section to offer assistance. However, we do feel it is better to eat medibles instead of inhale for these persons with side-effects. Surely, other medical people and others with same experience will check in.

Good luck to her and you! Guess I'll go make me some brownies and hope for the same result. pr

Couldn't stop shaking

Maybe too much sativa, :thumbsup: nailed it pr. I don't even know who she got the butter from but it seems like it was good. I would like to have one. They are 5 bucks but have to drive 50 miles to get it. Overall it just don't seem worth it to me cause edibles have never really kicked my ass.

Couldn't stop shaking

Quote Originally Posted by HomegrownInIdaho
    Maybe too much sativa, :thumbsup: nailed it pr. I don't even know who she got the butter from but it seems like it was good. I would like to have one. They are 5 bucks but have to drive 50 miles to get it. Overall it just don't seem worth it to me cause edibles have never really kicked my ass.
    i dont think its so much the type, more along the lines of "im going to make the most shit kickin ass shit anyones ever had":thumbsup: i recently made a batch 1oz to one stick of butter it made 12 cookies:stoned: too much for me. dispensaries dont really profit off of edibles it takes too much to make it kick ass, thus they try to use as little as possible to make the edible. one bite was too much for me, me lady ate one and a half (shes more tolerant than myself) and we were both layed out for four hours.

Couldn't stop shaking

Nice