Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1642 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

shitty chemical weed in limerick again

Hey,
    I was just looking at your grow on the Irish Tokers page.
    You are using CFL I see.

Just a small point on CFL. I have a light metre at home and I have a few CFLs in my grow too. It is shocking how much light is lost once you move an inch or 2 from the bulb.
    If you want to make the most of the CFL I think it would be better to keep them much closer to the plants. Also, as the lights are hanging on 4 points around the plant a lot of light is being lost in the other direction. Perhaps you could make 4 small reflectors that can be attached to the lamp holder. Bending wire and attaching a white, reflector, 60 degree bent in the middle, behind the lamp might work wonders for the plant.

I really think that you need those bulbs as close as possible. Just an idea.

Take care.

2.   Advertisements

i do i put them as close as possible every day i adjust them, i'll show you pics of my box set up at some point 4 of the 6 bulbs actually hang down and can be adjusted to whatever length required i also have more holders to fit to the sides lower down, i tried attaching to bent coat hangers to sides but there was to much weight on end and it got very messy so i took them out, i also have tinfoil all along the roof and sides, the funny thing is i done loads of research before i started about the distance and my friend just used 4(20w) stationary bulbs at the top of his, low and behold he got a shit load of top quality weed from it check the last posts on irish tokers for pics, cfl's are very under rated i will upgrade to led's or maby a plasma in the future as cfls have poor canopy penetration but will continue to use them, i also have a 400w hps gathering dust i just can't justify wasting that much elec and drawing more attention to my grow it's like a small sun in the room, nobody seems to use the irish tokers page anymore was thinkin of starting a new group, everything we type here is on the main page where as group pages are a bit more private, would you be interested?

Ya man that's true... Some good amnesia and pineapple chunk about the place but you need to no who your getting it off... Better to just grow your bro

such stupid opinions on weed from some people in ireland. the 2 girls who are in hospital clearly got laced weed(doubt mould would put ya in intensive care),yet people complain that weed in general is dangerous ,fuc sake nobody ever died from bud,its them scumbag bastid suppliers/bad dealers that spray/lace the weed.
    if we had dispensaries those 2 girls wouldnt be in hospital.

it wasnt the weed at all,was something they took after smokin the erb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12