Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1390 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Considering a move and could use some advice PLEASE!

Hi. Am currently a Colorado resident. I'm an AIDS patient. This state blows in many regards but healthcare for the uninsurable and Caregiver laws in particular. I'm considering a move to WA to continue being a Caregiver, maybe starting or joining a Coop, and starting life over yet again.

I'm a highly skilled, 20+yr) indoor dirt grower with all the equipment and other items I'll need to get started.

My credit sucks and I'm running low on funds.

Is there any monay to be made as a provider? Are the rules as loose as they look? Where would you go if your wife likes dry weather? Any other tips would be appreciated beyond words. Thanks in advance!

Mike.
    MedicalMike Reviewed by MedicalMike on . Considering a move and could use some advice PLEASE! Hi. Am currently a Colorado resident. I'm an AIDS patient. This state blows in many regards but healthcare for the uninsurable and Caregiver laws in particular. I'm considering a move to WA to continue being a Caregiver, maybe starting or joining a Coop, and starting life over yet again. I'm a highly skilled, 20+yr) indoor dirt grower with all the equipment and other items I'll need to get started. My credit sucks and I'm running low on funds. Is there any monay to be made as a Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalMike
    Hi. Am currently a Colorado resident. I'm an AIDS patient. This state blows in many regards but healthcare for the uninsurable and Caregiver laws in particular. I'm considering a move to WA to continue being a Caregiver, maybe starting or joining a Coop, and starting life over yet again.

I'm a highly skilled, 20+yr) indoor dirt grower with all the equipment and other items I'll need to get started.

My credit sucks and I'm running low on funds.

Is there any monay to be made as a provider? Are the rules as loose as they look? Where would you go if your wife likes dry weather? Any other tips would be appreciated beyond words. Thanks in advance!

Mike.
    We're pretty much in the same shape as far as medical coverage for the poor. The legislature has made a lot of cuts in that area and probably more are coming.
    Our laws for MMJ are a mess right now after the governor went in and line item vetoed most of the new law. Dispensaries are technically illegal but most are still being allowed to stay open. As a caretaker you can only grow for yourself and one patient. If you file for a co op license you can grow for it was either 10 or 15 patients but you can only grow up to 45 plants. Right now a lot of the counties have passed moratoriums on co ops.
    It really depends on how much you can produce as to whether you can make a living off of it. If you become a caretaker you can grow 15 plants for yourself and 15 plants for your patient. Be sure and sit down and do the math to see if it generates enough capital to be worth the move.
    If you like hot summers and cold winters, anywhere east of the cascades is good. On the west side we stay around 75 or so in the summer and between 25 and 50 in the winter.

Thanks a lot. Plenty to think about.