Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1666 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another Immune To Edibles

STOP! Please! Before you start posting all your recipes for extractions, I am very experienced, and that is not the problem. All the other forums I get swamped with everybody's process.
    I know alot of people are skeptical of patients who can't get the medicinal effects from eating medical edibles. I am one of the unlucky few who can't, and down to desperation.
    Is there anyone else with my problem on here? And what do you do? I can't smoke, and vape is discouraged.
    My last attempt was 28 grams flowers to 4 oz. oil. It was made into 24 oatmeal cookies. Other patients were sailing with half or one cookie. I had eight, and felt nothing at all. This has been a problem for a long time. I do have Hepatitis C, but my liver biopsy and function are excellent. I am not undergoing any treatment. I was taking Milk Thistle as a liver protectant for three years and thought maybe it was blocking the THC in my liver. I have quit the thistle over a year now and still nothing from edibles.
    It is really frustrating and EXPENSIVE!!
    HELP?
    Lizabeth Reviewed by Lizabeth on . Another Immune To Edibles STOP! Please! Before you start posting all your recipes for extractions, I am very experienced, and that is not the problem. All the other forums I get swamped with everybody's process. I know alot of people are skeptical of patients who can't get the medicinal effects from eating medical edibles. I am one of the unlucky few who can't, and down to desperation. Is there anyone else with my problem on here? And what do you do? I can't smoke, and vape is discouraged. My last attempt was 28 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

If it doesn't work and you've been dealing with this problem for well over a year VAPE! or quit!

When I was actively toking daily, edibles had little effect on me. After a long break-I prefer them! I personnally use 'budder.' Don't know if that would make a difference or not. I tried 'peanudder oil' and it did nothing. Perhaps you may try a different base for your 'flowers': Experiment with different oils-etc. There is always a possibility that you are not absorbing the particular oil you use! Unlikely, but possible. Things work differently for a lot of people. With Hep C; I'd say, you need the herbs-however you can get them. Any bud is better than no bud! PR

Thanks for the reply. Yep, quitting is next. I thought I would try here as last desperation.
    I've tried other peoples oils, butters, homemade, dispensary made, you name it, I've tried it. After researching more yesterday, I'm not alone. It has something to do with the way my body metabolizes the THC chemical. The closest I came to feeling anything was after eating several cookies made with a combo of hash, ghee and refined olive oil. But, I had a slight "twinge" and my buddies were "freaking" on nibbles. Once I get moved to an MMJ state, I can experiment more. I need my own grows. Buying is way too expensive just for trial and error. My friends have never been happier though.
    What is the max amount of plant material that can be absorbed into 4oz oil? I've never tried more than one ounce of medical-grade tops to 4oz oil. $500 is a bit much for 1/2 cup cannaoil, but my friends sure do love it. They trip for hours on end while I sit in frustration pissed.
    I'll figure out something. Thanks for reply.

have you tried a tincture yet. I have a very good recipe for one that takes very little to get results. use 151 rum and bud or kief. you keep in freezer while its processing. shake it several times a day. or i just shake it everytime i get in frig. the more the better.If you can stand the taste they say it only takes a few min. to absorb by placing it under your tongue about a eye dropper full, and just let it linger there till its absorbed. I could not handle the taste but found it works very well to add it a glass of cranberry juice or tea. Its a better high I thinkmore like taking a pain pill. I make the cookies with butter and I havent met one person yet who could eat 2 and not freak out. including myself.

Thank you realrock, yes, the tinctures do work absorbed under my tongue. Also topical ointments on my skin work. It's just through my stomach I have trouble. I'd just like to be able to toss a cookie and munch it rather than break out the eyedropper in public. I thought about putting topical oil in a tanning bottle but; 1) the smell. 2) It ain't alway's sunny inside the mall.
    "painretreat" got me thinking with his try different oils comment. I did feel a slight tingle with the olive oil and ghee. So I am mixing up a batch of each and we'll go from there. Thank you all for input!

Try lethicin capsules. taking them for a few days may help in your absorption

Refined Olive Oil WORKED!! And did it ever. 1/2 cookie and I was pain free with no spasms all day. A whole cookie and I'm out like a light for a full 8 hours and even wake up baked.
    So anyone else having trouble with edibles, experiment with different oils. I was ready to give up. Really glad I came here!!
    Note: If you are planning on baking with olive oil, make sure it is "refined" or it will break down when baking at higher temps.

Glad to hear it worked out for you with refined olive oil. By chance did you try coconut oil? I'm curious about your experience and how many different oils or butters you tried before you found one that worked...

cool thread. I've tried to make 'firecrackers' a couple of times but didn't really feel much either, just REALLY sleepy. but it was crappy weed, I'd like to try some medical grade edibles sometime (I'd have to move to a free state first ). I might have give that refined olive oil a shot sometime. I'm on break right now .. well, until my buddy calls me next. :rastasmoke:
    [align=center]:s4:
    bring \'em all home.

[/align]

A very smart and diplomatic answer. It’s really appreciable and general.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast