Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1636 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

How long until NM DOH MCP approval?

Hi ya gang, long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to create a thread that examines the wait time for approval of applications and delivery of Medicinal Cannabis cards in New Mexico. I have seen a several posts from earlier this year stating 30 days, but I am experiencing a longer wait time and thought that others might be experiencing the same.

I got all my paper work in order and sent it to the DOH USPS First Class mail w/ Delivery Confirmation and it was received by them on June 28th 2011. I was told by my doc to allow 30 days for delivery card and if I had no news by then to be sure to contact the DOH and ask for a status update. Being patient I waited aprox 35 days before calling (week of August 1st). Upon talking with the DOH, I was told that there was no record of my application, but that they we currently processing applications submitted/received mid-June, and that she just processed 100 apps the past week. I was informed that the department was receiving a lot of applications and that the average turn-around was 40 days. I was told if I wanted to submit a formal inquiry to the department that it would take two weeks to get a definite answer as to my status. I explained that they received my app June 28 and that it was probably just a matter of days and I would continue to wait patiently.

After another week with no information, I thought it would not hurt to submit a formal inquiry into the status of my application. I wrote a brief letter, copied my NMDL as per their request and even included a self addressed stamped envelope for the departmentâ??s ease of processing. This was the week of August 8th.

After yet another week of no information, I called the department to express my concern. I was told that there was still no information regarding my application, received or otherwise. I asked if maybe I should re-submit; that I made copies of all my submitted forms. I was told that was up to me, but I would need an actual doctorâ??s signature on my Medical Certification Form. I mentioned that I had submitted a formal request for information regarding my application and this time was told that formal requests of application status were taking 30 days to process. I decided to patiently wait one more week prior to re-filing.

At this point I figured my application had been lost in the mail or mis-handled by the DOH (week of August 22nd) I contacted my doctor and got him to re-sign the required form, gathered up all my previously completed documents and readied for delivery. I figured that it might be good idea to track my $30 USPS money order for my PPL so I went to the Post Office and got that started (5 days for info I was told). At the end of the week everything was ready to go, but to be on the safe side I decided to wait until early the following week to resubmit, just in case it made it in over the weekend.

I had to travel to ABQ on Monday, September 29th and thought I would send from a Post Office there, just in caseâ?¦change things up. I purchased a second $30 M/O for the PPL since I had no information at the time regarding the original and included it with my second application. Parcel was sent USPS Certified First Class Mail with Signature Confirmation this time. Upon arriving home from ABQ, I noticed that my tracking information regarding my original M/O had been received in the mail. It seems that the USPS M/O for $30 that was sent with my original application was redeemed by the NM DOH on June 28th, 2010, the day my original set of paper work was received according to the delivery confirmation info provided by the Post Office.

So, fellow forum folks, as I write this on the morning of September 3rd, 2010, it has been Sixty-six (66) days since my original application and original $30 M/O was received by the NM DOH. Almost 4 weeks since my formal request for information regarding my application was submitted. I have received no information on either; approved, denied, or otherwise.

I thought that perhaps others may be experiencing similar results, or maybe I am the unlucky one whose info just got put in the wrong stack.

Of course I will update as I learn more, regardless of outcome. Sorry for the lengthy tale, I just wanted to be thorough.

Please share if you have any similar experiences.

TL;DR â?? I am still waiting for information from the NM DOH regarding my program application for over 60 days now. No card or letter of approval, denial or otherwise.
    Disco Donaldson Reviewed by Disco Donaldson on . How long until NM DOH MCP approval? Hi ya gang, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to create a thread that examines the wait time for approval of applications and delivery of Medicinal Cannabis cards in New Mexico. I have seen a several posts from earlier this year stating 30 days, but I am experiencing a longer wait time and thought that others might be experiencing the same. I got all my paper work in order and sent it to the DOH USPS First Class mail w/ Delivery Confirmation and it was received by them Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Email sent.

I think you are one of the unlucky ones that your paper work was misplaced but you say that your money order was cashed.the two apps are sent to the same address. but take different routes within the department.Something just went wrong at the department.Your not a gambler are you? If you are your luck is running in the wrong way. Just keep on top of it.I have never heard of any one having to wait this long. DOH is doing a lot of apps. since the expo so that might have something to do with the mix up. They only have 3 people working in the department so just hang in there. I had my renewal last month and it took about 40 days to get it. good luck if you still have any left.LOL

Same exact thing here...sent my renewal paperwork off in early Jne..my application fee was cashed early July..was a personal check so my bank was able to confirm. Here I am in Sept and have not received an APPROVAL/ OR DENIAL..OR
    REQUEST for additional info..sent off a written request about my application,with the self addressed stamped envelope 3 weeks ago...still havent heard a thing.
    I thought I got blackballed cause of being a vocal person in the community.

Hi MimbresValley KEEP YOUR SHORTS ON they are doing new apps by the hand full so renewals are on the back burner but they are being done when you get your card the date of renewal will be the date that your last card was to expire

I have been patiently waiting for 3 months although my friend sent in his renewal weeks after mine and received his card about ten days ago.
    Plus lets say it takes another month before I get my card, instead of getting a year of use out of it, then I only have a valid card for 8 months instead of a year.
    Pre dating my card back to when I originally sent in my application out would be a disservice to me.

Im just glad to hear im not the only one getting the run around.

My application was received by the Department of Health on July 18th. As of Wednesday I had heard nada so decided to call.

I was told there was no record of my application, but they were currently working on all applications received from mid-July and sooner. I was also told that they had brought in several more personal from other departments to help relive some of the overload the department has been experiencing due the volume of applications being received.

Not sure if they were sincere or just telling me what I wanted to hear, but regardless I am currently at 52 days since they received my application and I do not have my card, nor have I received any information either way.

MimbresValley, you mentioned blackballing/runaround. Sheer incompetence may be more like it, if not just a simple lack of caring.

Oops…did I just say that out loud?

TG

Well... I have yet to talk to anyone over thephone. But if they cashed someones application fee and have no record of that persons application.there is some serious serious issues.. how the hell can they take your money and deposit it in the mcp bank account but have no record of your payment/application. If they tellme there is no record of my application....i am going to flip out...i can get a letter from my bank showing they cashed my check. If they have no record of my payment/it starting to make total sense why they are being sued in the first place. That makes no since.
    Sure its easy to say keep ur pants on when--you-- got your card in a timely manner. Would u be dining a different tune if it had been over 70 days and they have no record of your application but they had taken your money.

I honestly thought I had been selectively blackballed due to how vocal I am in the cummunity.cause in my email correspondence I was told they process all applications in the order they were received..but my friend sent his application in weeks after me. And already received his renewal over a week ago. I think the doh needs to update their FAQ...cause it clearly states they have 30days to review an application. Today I called the program to talk to someone and on their voicemail message it says it can take up to 30 days to get a call back even. I don't. Even know how to feel That this happening to other people as well. Kinda rellieved but still upset that this happening to others

Quote Originally Posted by Tank_Girl
    My application was received by the Department of Health on July 18th. As of Wednesday I had heard nada so decided to call.

I was told there was no record of my application, but they were currently working on all applications received from mid-July and sooner. I was also told that they had brought in several more personal from other departments to help relive some of the overload the department has been experiencing due the volume of applications being received.

Not sure if they were sincere or just telling me what I wanted to hear, but regardless I am currently at 52 days since they received my application and I do not have my card, nor have I received any information either way.

MimbresValley, you mentioned blackballing/runaround. Sheer incompetence may be more like it, if not just a simple lack of caring.

Oops…did I just say that out loud?

TG
    Hi tank Girl You say that they received your app on the 18th of july.How do you know that it was received?There is a record if you know that it was received.Thing will start running a little better after the 1st of the year when they start to get renewal fees from the producers. and have some cash to hire I think that I heard that they will be hiring 15 new employees. as of now there are 5000+ patients in the program and counting with only 3 poeple to handel all the paper work. I know it is no help now but things will get better in the next year.Also all the people with ppls can expect a site vist from DOH in the next year when these new people get on board.

Update...

I wanted to check my mail before posting today so I could hopefully post some good news; unfortunately that is not the case .

I called on Tuesday of this week and spoke with a lady by the name of Jane. I explained my situation (Orig app received date, formal inquiry date, re-applied date, no infor from DOH, etc, etc) and was told that they were currently working on July 15th applications and apps received prior to that date. She checked the computer for my name, told me there was nothing there. Same ole song and dance as the other times I have called (new person though). Just before she let me go however, I was able to add the fact that my $30 USPS M/O for my PPL was redeemed the day of my original application was received by the DOH. She sat there for a second, then said “REALLY?!” as if in dis-belief. I told her that was correct and she asked me again for my name and a phone number which I gave her.

No one from the DOH has called me at anytime, let alone after that conversation.

TL;DR – 73 days since original NMDOH MCP application received (and PPL M/O redeemed) by DOH and no information as to acceptance, denial or otherwise received.

DD

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast