Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1871 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1st time grow as a trial run while I'm waiting on the seeds to come

Hi Guys,

As the title states, this is the first time I am growing, as a trial run. I'm receiving, hopefully, seeds soon and I think that I got everything down pat. I got the 2 bigger plants back in late May and the smaller one, which is supposedly ak47, in july. As to the strain of the bigger ones, I haven't a clue, as they were given to me and the person didn't know what strain they are.

The 2 big ones have been placed in a 12/12 cycle a week ago for flowering and they are under a 400 w hps light. The "ak47" and 3 clones of the unknowns are under a fluorescent 105w lamp (the spiral type). I have them at 18/16. Maybe I'll put them at 20/4, but not sure. Well, being that it's 2:52 am here and I have to get up in 3 hours to go to work, I'll post pics real quick.

Suzie (the smaller unknown):

19 inches

Betsy:

21 inches

I also tested the PH of my water today with one of those paper strips and I believe that I got a near 7 providing that I did it right, lol.

Pics:

Suzie (on the right) and Betsy

Attachment 277712

supposedly AK47 (2 pics):

Attachment 277713Attachment 277714
    Doctor Herbert Reviewed by Doctor Herbert on . 1st time grow as a trial run while I'm waiting on the seeds to come Hi Guys, As the title states, this is the first time I am growing, as a trial run. I'm receiving, hopefully, seeds soon and I think that I got everything down pat. I got the 2 bigger plants back in late May and the smaller one, which is supposedly ak47, in july. As to the strain of the bigger ones, I haven't a clue, as they were given to me and the person didn't know what strain they are. The 2 big ones have been placed in a 12/12 cycle a week ago for flowering and they are under a 400 w Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Herbert
    Hi Guys,

As the title states, this is the first time I am growing, as a trial run. I'm receiving, hopefully, seeds soon and I think that I got everything down pat. I got the 2 bigger plants back in late May and the smaller one, which is supposedly ak47, in july. As to the strain of the bigger ones, I haven't a clue, as they were given to me and the person didn't know what strain they are.

The 2 big ones have been placed in a 12/12 cycle a week ago for flowering and they are under a 400 w hps light. The "ak47" and 3 clones of the unknowns are under a fluorescent 105w lamp (the spiral type). I have them at 18/16. Maybe I'll put them at 20/4, but not sure. Well, being that it's 2:52 am here and I have to get up in 3 hours to go to work, I'll post pics real quick.

Suzie (the smaller unknown):

19 inches

Betsy:

21 inches

I also tested the PH of my water today with one of those paper strips and I believe that I got a near 7 providing that I did it right, lol.

Pics:

Suzie (on the right) and Betsy

Attachment 277712

supposedly AK47 (2 pics):

Attachment 277713Attachment 277714
    as you can tell, I'm trying out LST on them

as you can tell, I'm trying out LST on them
    any thoughts or feelings on what I'm doing?

Also, once I finish the flowering room up in my attic, I'll post pics. It has, roughly, 7.5 square meters with the cieling sloping from just under 2 meters to 50 cm. I have the ladies in there as we speak, as it is the darkest (completely) area that I have. Today I'm going out to buy the ducts and fans necessary to ventilate the area well. I did install a circulating fan and by next month I'll be installing a 600 watt hps in there and taking out the 400 watt that I currently have to use for the veg room, combined with the 105 w fluorescent light that I have.

Cheers!

They look green and healthy and happy u sure this your first grow? LOL. Your LST is looking good too. Nothing looks wrong or bad to me. Keep us updated

Quote Originally Posted by truepunk87
    They look green and healthy and happy u sure this your first grow? LOL. Your LST is looking good too. Nothing looks wrong or bad to me. Keep us updated
    Thanks! I have been really studying this topic (much to the dismay of some users here, who've answered the 1000 or so questions that I postes, you know who you are ) because I live in Argentina and getting buds (or flowers as we call them here) are reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy hard to come buy. As an example, I smoke buds once every 2-3 months on average. What I get is pressed crap that gives me a body buzz (the last time it seemed that it made my body temp drop, even with the heater at full blast). So I do want to have a great crop and never have to worry about buying anymore. Also I do have seeds coming to me soon hopefully:

LSD
    White Widow
    Fruit Automatic
    20 auto Haze
    roadrunner auto
    white siberian
    sweet deep grapefruit
    critical
    diesel
    russian rocket fuel

so I need to know what I'm doing, lol. I'm really looking forward to trying the LSD strain, I hear that it's an intense high. Any recommendatios as to which one I should plant first? I do plan to have some of the haze and the other auto's so that I can have something to smoke while I wait for the rest of them to catch up, lol

Oh, by the way, the tips of the big leaves are yellow (about 2 mm). I know that I'm not over/under ferting. I believe it's due to the cold temp? I'm having problems maintaining a stable temp (due to the attic's draftiness). The temp averages 18 degrees celsius.

I got a freebie of the sweet deep grapefruit ...
    I'm running it after my current grow.

I can't see any yellow in your pics, but I'm using a phone so I can't enlarge it. But hey, at least you did your homework and asked questions before you started. I have to give u some Rep for that my friend

I got a freebie of the sweet deep grapefruit ...
    I'm running it after my current grow.

I can't see any yellow in your pics, but I'm using a phone so I can't enlarge it. But hey, at least you did your homework and asked questions before you started. I have to give u some Rep for that my friend

Thanks!. it's not anything to be concerned about I guess. They've been like that for a while now (a month) and the plants are growing rapidly. Just to test my theory, I am building a "homebox" tonight complete with the lamp, 2 ventilators, tubing, mylar, etc. I'll post pics once I'm done. If it's the temp that's causing the yellowing, once they're in the box and receiving the heat from the lamp, it'll be all good.

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the pots I have them in. Do you know if they're okay? I can't remember what size they are.

Is this your first grow as well?

I'm a bit concerned about the size of the pots I have them in. Do you know if they're okay? I can't remember what size they are.
    Check out the bottom of the pot and if you see roots coming out the drain holes its time to transplant or when its time to water next try gently squeezing all around the pot and turn the plant upside down while your hand is on top of the dirt. The pot should slide off pretty easy and if the roots are bunched up at the bottom (a big circle of roots) then its time to transplant. Its best to do this when the dirt is dry. It makes it alot easier IMO.

Like truepunk said your babies are looking great! Keep it up and youll never look at brick weed again:thumbsup:

I am building a "homebox" tonight complete with the lamp, 2 ventilators, tubing, mylar, etc.
    Which bulb you gonna use?
    -the 400w is good for a 10sqft box
    -the 600w is good for a 18sqft box

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast