Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1700 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

outdoor greenhouse growing

I am a 59 yearold ,been waiting all my life for this.Always had a few plants. But with card finally ,i built a 8x8 greenhouse. bought a light and daisy clonner and now have my 12 plants in it. they were 4 feet high by the 4th of july so im going good.The secondary branches are putting off branches. It is looking pretty full and 8x8 looking small... The question is 8x8 to small for 12 real healthy plants? and with them growing together affect output. I am taking fan leaves off and they are great. There must be lots like me because the kid at home depot said that lots of clear plastic had been sold. lol They were out twice when i went in.I have 4 windows in it so the temps do not get to high. any tips would sure help....for thoes thinking of a green house, it takes 20 sheets of plastic,30 2x4s and 5 4x4 posts and 4 4foot windows and takes a day or so to build ,and don't forget the lock lol have funimp::rasta:
    john235 Reviewed by john235 on . outdoor greenhouse growing I am a 59 yearold ,been waiting all my life for this.Always had a few plants. But with card finally ,i built a 8x8 greenhouse. bought a light and daisy clonner and now have my 12 plants in it. they were 4 feet high by the 4th of july so im going good.The secondary branches are putting off branches. It is looking pretty full and 8x8 looking small... The question is 8x8 to small for 12 real healthy plants? and with them growing together affect output. I am taking fan leaves off and they are Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Way to small for 12 nice plants bro .

Seeems a little tight to me for 12 plants.

so take some out?

Well it all depends on how full you think they will fill the space, you have about 6 weeks before they start to go into pre flowering mode, they will slow in growth but will still grow. I'd suggest trimming off your lower branches a the very least, they won't produce much and will just take up space. I don't want to suggest anyone pull plants, if you feel you must try to find someone to host them for you rather then let them go to waste.

I can't bring myself to pull even one, but i may have to trim some off.they have room to spread now. and plenty of room up. They are not any closer than if in a garden .great to have such a problem. maybe it will just grow into a 8 x8 bud.