Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1453 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

too much bloom?

So I checked one of the slightly thinner looking plants and lo and behold it had started to clog with roots too, soooo I just rescreened every bucket and hopefully should be good. all my other roots r nice and white just that one is nice and stinky. everything seems to be running fine now, ph and ppm are rising fast, water levels are dropping fast, green is getting greener(Knock on wood) how often do you guys think I should top off my rez? im going to do it today, ppm went from 1060-1290 in 3 days and drank more than 5 gal of water?

2.   Advertisements

too much bloom?

The system you are using must have a min of xx gallons of water to be able to flood without running dry. Now I dont know what your min mark would be. When I was up and running I know my magic number was 17. Topoff res as needed to stay above your min and drain and fill once a week.

too much bloom?

Sipco Industries - Hygrozyme
    Aquashield is not the same as Hygrozyme

too much bloom?

Well off to the Hydro store it is for some Hygrozyme, 2 hour ride U P here in gods country but I do need a few other things. That stuff is quite pricey $37.00 qt ouch. but at 8 ml per gallon and 6-7 rez changes to go I should just make it on one qt.

too much bloom?

Screw it ill go buy some too, I have to walk 3 hours through snow, up hill both ways.
    Anything I grow is for personal consumption only. I never ever sell anything. I hate buying it, I hate people making money off me, when its so easy and safe to grow. It is a victimless crime because it never leaves my home.

too much bloom?

A few more questions about this Hygrozyme issue. Wen I bought it and added it to the mix it seemed to foam up and send the ph and ppm meter fluctuating so i quit using it, Now the heat is hitting the uppr 90s here in MI, I figured i better start using it again because the last time I looked, the rez was 74 degrees :-( . It got to the point where I had to cover the temp section of the meter just so I wouldnt worry my self to death, any way the questions are
    1. Is the foamy res normal with hygrozyme? (picture)
    2. will Hygrozyme lower ppm if it is working( maybe taking bad hijackers out of the mix therefore lowering ppm??)
    3. in your opinion do you think hygrozyme will just counteract the effects that molasses's beneficial microorganisms (if any) have on the whole works?

I know these may be kind of crazy questions and i prob should have started a new thread but we were already rollin on the hygrozyme issue

too much bloom?

Hi all - I admit I'm just starting out in this, but I have been watching and taking notes from a long time friend who has been growing with hydroponics for several years, and she has commented numerous times about the dangers of overfeeding, especially with the flowering nutrients. She has been using the GH MaxiBloom along with other micro nutrients . . . and is fanatical about using exactly the right measurements when mixing up a batch of nutrient solution. These GH hydro nutrients tend to be extremely high density / high purity compounds, so tossing a bit extra nutrient into the mix can actually cause problems.

Of course, as we all know, consistent temperature of the solution is also important. Well, that's my 2 cents worth . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12