Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1328 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Anyone have any tips, suggestions, rules, guidelines for growing meds in an appt.?

I live in an appartment complex with my twin brother, we both have our recs, our front porch area I guess you would call it is surrounded by 5ft fence and there are areas of dirt along the side. We decided to plant a clone in the ground, putting it in area that gets the most light plus where it is hard to see unless you stick your head over the fence and look.. that was just a little back ground. Anyways, the plant is starting to get bigger and apparently one of my neighbors doesn't like it and told the management they were gonna call the cops or some BS but the management told them and called me. I told them that I was growing my medicine for personal use and it was all legal.. I'm wondering if this true and also if I need to have any papers or my rec posted?? Thanks a lot any of your thoughts help..
    kgriffeymariners Reviewed by kgriffeymariners on . Anyone have any tips, suggestions, rules, guidelines for growing meds in an appt.? I live in an appartment complex with my twin brother, we both have our recs, our front porch area I guess you would call it is surrounded by 5ft fence and there are areas of dirt along the side. We decided to plant a clone in the ground, putting it in area that gets the most light plus where it is hard to see unless you stick your head over the fence and look.. that was just a little back ground. Anyways, the plant is starting to get bigger and apparently one of my neighbors doesn't like it and Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Anyone have any tips, suggestions, rules, guidelines for growing meds in an appt.?

Get yourself indoor growing supplies.... Growing one outside of your spot is already catching unwanted attention.... You'll be lucky if your neighbor doesn't throw some weed killer on it....

CGI::::::

I would suggest looking up local laws, In my city you have to have a privacy fence (I am guessing to stop the problem your having, Ignorance, But the police still have to respond) Keep It Discreet

ya i would probably just take a clone off her and put it indoors, otherwise it just just give you more problems than anything

First and FOREMOST.... Shhhhhhh! Don't even tell yourself about it! Legal or not...

Definately check your local laws as I am pretty sure that your grow has to be fanced if outdoors and either way have your grower's and user's (if not the same) information posted in a clearly visable place near the entrance of the grow area. It sucks you have neighbors that can't keep their nose in their own business, but in an apartment complex you are not provided with much privacy in regards to the outdoors so I would strongly recommend doing as CGI says and get some indoor equipment either with a carbon filtration system or ionizers to regulate odors. And above all, do as GaGrown says and be very discrete.

JSG.

Well you haven't been back since July, but if you drop back in. . .Report the harvest to us!

Believe it or not, it has more to do with County laws than anything. In San Bernardino County, the largest county in The States, it is illegal to grow outside.

So far you can in Riverside County and I haven't had the need to check in any other county. However, if you see my post in this section pull up a MAPP ph # of Lanny and phone, if he doesn't know, he will find out for you or direct you to the correct place.

Also, you can get your req and that is enough. Many post it with their plants or if a caregiver post the patients, I personally feel it is against Hippa, not that that is a consideration at this point! If you want to you can get 'registered' by Riverside or San Bernardino Counties, but that is about $150. If growing, it is doubtful that the sheriff/police would come out, as they would already know you are growing by registration.

If the landlord didn't say or do anything else, I wouldn't be bothered by it. However, there is a fine legal line of property ownership. pr