Take a visit to any ayurvedic health resort and you will surely find a herbal garden nearby. The different varieties of herbs grown there may capture your attention. You can observe that the garden harbours a variety of plants different from one another in size, appearance and longevity. Yet you can see they all contribute to the healthy ambience at the garden.

You might also see a lot of common plants or those you once considered insignificant, in the garden. They will surely include tulsi (Ocimum tenuiflorum), neem (Azadirachta indica), thumba (Leuca indica) etc.
``I once went to a herbal garden and the gardener explained me how he takes care of the plants there. Coming back from the garden, I felt that I should also grow some medicinal herbs on the backyard of my house so that I can easily access to herbal remedies for many diseases,â??â?? says Saju Murukan, a farmer from Coimbatore.

There are many who grow medicinal plants in their back garden to ensure an easy access to the medicines for some minor diseases such as cough, fever, cold etc. ``The herbal gardens usually set up by housewives mainly include gooseberry, neem, tulsi, ashwagandha, ginger, garlic, turmeric etc. And they contribute a lot to the health of the family members,â??â?? says Girija, an Ayurvedic geek in Coimbatore.
Owense59 Reviewed by Owense59 on . Grow your doctor in your garden Take a visit to any ayurvedic health resort and you will surely find a herbal garden nearby. The different varieties of herbs grown there may capture your attention. You can observe that the garden harbours a variety of plants different from one another in size, appearance and longevity. Yet you can see they all contribute to the healthy ambience at the garden. You might also see a lot of common plants or those you once considered insignificant, in the garden. They will surely include tulsi Rating: 5