Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Making canna butter without cooking?

will Cannabis fuse itself without cooking using any type of Oil, (I use Olive oil so it doesn't turn rancid as fast) if so how long should I let it sit?
    mc1548 Reviewed by mc1548 on . Making canna butter without cooking? will Cannabis fuse itself without cooking using any type of Oil, (I use Olive oil so it doesn't turn rancid as fast) if so how long should I let it sit? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mc1548
    will Cannabis fuse itself without cooking using any type of Oil, (I use Olive oil so it doesn't turn rancid as fast) if so how long should I let it sit?

You can, but if you are going to make medibles, you will need to heat the oil before eating it.
    Raw THC is not very potent and needs to be decarboxylated before ingesting for the maximum effect.

This will be helpful;

[attachment=o275595]

Aloha,
    Weezard

by looking at that chart it seems that the best and quickest way to cook it is at 293°F for seven minutes and the recipe that says to cook it for 22 hours is a waste of time? I would have thought that at 293° Fahrenheit would have sent all the THC vapor into the air?

:thumbsup:Weezard, I don't think I ever noticed you with a chef's hat. Really kinda cool. Now, I know, I know an expert! Now, that Coelho isn't around. It is nice to be back (jacking this thread) and see you here on a regular basis!

I have read so much on this, in the past; yet I still buy my canna butter! Propane vs. cost of canna butter at co-op.

Do olive oil the same way we'd make cannabutter , it seperates ontop the water after cooling but need's filtering there after .
    Not exceding water boiling temp ^ i think we need the temp to dissolve thichomes into oil .
    With regard to not cooking , infusings into drinking alcohol whisky or rum , vodka etc .
    Which ^ usually turn's out disgusting if i remember right , green vodka yuk .
    Enjoy :thumbsup: