Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1481 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

What is the availability of Meds in NM now?

Quote Originally Posted by SandiaBud
    According to "Micah", who spoke at the public meeting yesterday, there are only a few of the 25 licensed producers who are growing medicine that is of high medicinal quality. Maybe some of these non profits do not deserve to be licensed. Yet there are no controls in place for testing of the cannabis.

It appears that all the opinions here are made with the assumption that all producers are turning out top notch quality meds. Clearly that is not the case. Apparently there are many issues regarding nutrients, mold and the like. However, with no monitoring or testing, these producers will continue to put out sub par medicine and get away with it.
    Actually, the patients will be the ones to determine quality. If the patient doesn't benefit from the medicine received, he/she will not go back to the producer. We are in the southern part of the state and have heard complaints about almost all of the producers. the first harvest from the local producer was a b-grade strain. This last harvest was awesome. There is a producer in Santa Fe (not NMcann) that has more medicine than registered patients. Check your list for the SF producers and contact them for availability.

Be patient and the producers should get back with you. I can only figure they don't because they don't have medicine and they don't have the resources to hire enough people to return phone calls promptly. And they don't want to tell the patient they don't have any.

So, if we have a surplus now, what would we have with more producers?

Your right about"patients will be the ones to determine quality" And about the producers having product there is some very good medication out there right NOW And yes there are Producers that have put out a very poor product but they will not be around for long. We have the power to make them put out a good product.

3.   Advertisements

one point is that how can patients afford 300 dollar mistakes? Its not right that the patients must pay for bad medicine and act as program guinea pigs. Also, its not the producers that are failing to return phone calls and emails...its the DOH that is lacking communication to the LNPP applicants.

Will the bad producers be replaced with good ones? How many ripped off patients will it take before the DOH would take action against bad producers? Or will the bad producers simply drop out and fade away due to lack of business?

Quote Originally Posted by SandiaBud
    one point is that how can patients afford 300 dollar mistakes? Its not right that the patients must pay for bad medicine and act as program guinea pigs. Also, its not the producers that are failing to return phone calls and emails...its the DOH that is lacking communication to the LNPP applicants.

Will the bad producers be replaced with good ones? How many ripped off patients will it take before the DOH would take action against bad producers? Or will the bad producers simply drop out and fade away due to lack of business?
    The patients shouldn't have to pay for contaminated medicine. If a producer is selling bad medicine word will get out and they will be out of business. As with all medicine, the producer can't be expected to take the medicine back or make a refund because the patient purchased the wrong strain. I don't know of many patients on limited income who are purchasing $300 of medicine at one time. Most are purchasing an eighth or a gram. That would be my recommendation...buy a small amount first. Of course any delivery fee would make a small amount really costly.

If a producer consistently offers bad medicine, they won't be able to pay the renewal fees in January so they will be out of business fairly quickly.

As far as the lawsuit, Mr. Kokesh incorporated in Septembeer or October so his app hadn't even been in the process for very long and don't forget all the revisions and hearings and holidays and furloughs going on at that time. Some of the other members of the suit are not in good standing with the PRC and will need to get in good standing before they can go any further. A site visit doesn't guarantee licensure with. The final decision lies with the Secretary of Health as we all know. So no matter how much pressure Dominick might try to use, when the apps go to the SoH, it's out of his hands. And if any of those pending applicants spent more than the $100 app fee and $25 incorporation fee, then they need their heads examined! Who in their right mind would spend money on a facility and equipment prior to licensure??? Those applicants that have been waiting since 2009 might want to contact one of the currently licensed producers for help in completing their app. Another thing that may apply is location. Do we really need more producers in SF or Alb before there are LNNPs in other parts of the state? Yes, I know, those two cities/counties have the greatest number of patients in the program, but there are parts of the state that are under served and priority needs to be placed on applicants located in the far reaches of the state. Every county that has patients should have a producer before any more are approved in SF or Alb. (IMHO)

I, for one, get so tired of the negative comments about the DOH. They have done a fantastic job with so little staff and funding. I expect to see great improvements come February 2012 after all the LNPPs submit their renewal fees. Those that can't won't be in business.

I beg to differ with you on "Do we really need more producers in SF or Alb before there are LNNPs in other parts of the state? Yes, I know, those two cities/counties have the greatest number of patients in the program, but there are parts of the state that are under served and priority needs to be placed on applicants located in the far reaches of the state. Every county that has patients should have a producer before any more are approved in SF or Alb. (IMHO)" . Your right that there are areas in the state that are under served but I don't think that producers should be forced to a certain area. It is a big investment that has to be made to start a NP. The places that don't have that many patients can not support a producer in that area. Anyway you look at it the cost to get meds. to the patients has to be paid by someone so if you have a producer in the far NE. part of the state That producer will have to be able to supply people in the Abq. and SF areas to be able to make a go of it. And there you go delivery that far away would be expensive.And as far as the producers and the quality of there meds. goes that will sort it self out in the long run. You are right about that if you get some poor quality of meds. from a producer I myself would not even give them a second chance. Unless they were willing to make things right.

I am of the mindset that the program, once properly funded and staffed, will become better and thrive. like alfonso says, it does need some changes and those changes will likely come in time.

This is a more productive discussion.

There appears to be plenty of meeds available this month. Have received emails from SWOP, NewMexicann and Mother Earth. Pricing from $10 - $15 per gram. A grade strains. Continue to advise all patients to register with all of the producers.

Those that can do. Those that cannot, criticize.

Aren't the state approved Producers supposed to be anonymous? I have received numerous emails from various ones also.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOBuds
    Aren't the state approved Producers supposed to be anonymous? I have received numerous emails from various ones also.
    There location is.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast