Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1683 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What is the availability of Meds in NM now?

Quote Originally Posted by CFO
    SandiaBud, it sounds like you are one of the plaintiffs in the current lawsuit. Whether or not that is so, the lawsuit is going to do nothing but slow down the licensure of any new producers. Some of the plaintiffs didn't even form their nonprofit corporation until September! NONE of the applications received have been denied and if they haven't been approved then their application is flawed and they need to amend the app as requested. There are also multiple producers in one part of the state and not enough applications are being received from the rest of the state. Most of the new producers are willing to take the time to help (for a fee) other applicants to help improve the applicant's submission. There are now 25 producers, but they have to have time to get setup and running. If there isn't enough medicine available, then why do so many producers continue to have excess? One northern NM producer's last email indicated a one OUNCE limit per patient! There are over 4,000 patients on the program now. There should be a shortage of medicine with that many patients vs LNPP, but there is not.

Look at joining each producer's organization as you would joining any other group. But the patient does NOT have to sign up with all of the producers. If one lives in Raton, he/she is not going to sign up with the LNPP in southern NM (unless that patient plans on risking the checkpoints and driving to the LNPP). It is advised that the patient register with more than one due to availability issues.

Keep in mind that NM is being left alone (pretty much) due to the restrictions in place. There are at least 3 patients on every board. This program is for the patients. Give it time to grow-up...the program is still in the infancy stage. It will get better given the chance. The best thing that could happen for the program at this point would be for the lawsuit to be dismissed so the staff at DOH could get back to the job at hand instead of having to redact thousands of pages of documents.
    Agreed.Also,not ALL producer applicants DESERVE a license to Produce.One of the plantiffs in the suit grows moldy cannabis......

2.   Advertisements

I'm not sure what your motive is in saying that there is a shortage but I think that of the producers that are out there today in the next year one or two will be dropping out for what ever reason . I myself do not think that there is a need for 50+ producers. Now that they can have 150 plants there will have more than they can sell legally that is.Just a few more months for these new producers to get up to speed and then you can say that there is not enough meds. and I will tell you where to get what you want. I think even the delivery charges will be a thing of the past. The program is progressing as fast as it can with the limited people that are working in it.
    come December when the producers have to pony up there dues the DOH will also be getting a cash flow and you will see a differance in the program.

I completely agree with alfonso2002. The shortages will soon be a thing of the past. Most of you that know me,know I'm a pessimist......so this is unusual for me.

I agree with most of what is being said here...the fundamental problem is that the DOH is not communicating these things to the producer applicants. As stated earlier, the DOH has not told the applicants that there will be no more approvals. In fact, when asked, they say its business as usual.
    I have no "motive" for saying there is a shortage..just my experience. My experience is that there are producers out there that are limiting order amounts....why would a producer limiit order amounts if there is enough supply? Also keep in mind that the patient population is growing by the day so the MCP may need to revisit the "formula" by which they measure the supply vs. demand. Peace.

Hi SandiaBud as you know DOH is working with a very limited work force so they do seem to not get back when they should .And business as usual IS very slow. And as far as the producers limiting the amount is because most have a large amounts of patients that are registered with them and they want to serve as many as possible. That's not meaning that there is a shortage. Like I said before just give it a few more months and they will not be limiting anything. They will not be able to sell all the meds they have. The good that I see coming from this is that there will be better meds than what we have had to settle for.

Quote Originally Posted by SandiaBud
    I agree with most of what is being said here...the fundamental problem is that the DOH is not communicating these things to the producer applicants. As stated earlier, the DOH has not told the applicants that there will be no more approvals. In fact, when asked, they say its business as usual.
    I have no "motive" for saying there is a shortage..just my experience. My experience is that there are producers out there that are limiting order amounts....why would a producer limiit order amounts if there is enough supply? Also keep in mind that the patient population is growing by the day so the MCP may need to revisit the "formula" by which they measure the supply vs. demand. Peace.
    How do you KNOW that the DOH is not communicating with the producer applicants? the DOH has not stated there won't be any more LNPP approved because they intend to license more. They just don't have the personnel or the time to do what they are supposed to be doing due to the lawsuit. They have a staff of three to perform the duties of 15.

Someone made a comment that one of the members of the lawsuit is growing moldy cannabis. If they haven't been approved, they shouldn't be growing (and also selling?). Unless, of course, that applicant has a personal production license. I guess that patient needs a little extra penicillin, but I'm allergic so wouldn't want that in my meds. Would you want a producer that provides contaminated meds approved?

Limitations are usually placed on the first release so that the producer can have a chance to provide medicine to all of their registered patients. Once all of the patients have had a chance to order, then the only limit is that of the DOH which for most patients is 6 ounces. Anyone purchasing more than 2 ounces per month is aware that they are being reported to the DOH. How many plants does it take to make 6 ounces? How many patients can afford to purchase that much? How many patients would be served if there weren't limits in place? How much of the medicine would be diverted/resold to recreational consumers? There is still opportunity for diversion with 2 ounces per month, let alone six!

When did McSorely make this comment that we needed double the producers we have now? And what makes him the authority? Yes, he is a vocal advocate of the program and is tight with many of the first six producers, but I would rather hear that he is supporting a move to have the current lawsuit dismissed more than anything else. Once the lawsuit is dismissed, the small staff would be able to get back to the job at hand.

its kind of funny that I get more information about the MCP from sources other than the DOH. Im just sayin....

ps. I read somewhere that Sen McSorley believes we need double the producers we have now. I am not implying he is the authority, just wanted to pass that along. It appears to me that he sees the whole picture, has been a MCP advocate from its inception and recognizes the need for more.

I couldn't agree more that the lawsuit needs to go away so that Dominick and Co. can get back to the job at hand.

Lastly, lets just say I KNOW first hand that the communication between LNPP applicants and the DOH is limited at best with little to NO information being conveyed about any part of the program.

There is no question that the program has issues to work out,but I think it is well designed to stand the test of time.

Well said ManO...

According to "Micah", who spoke at the public meeting yesterday, there are only a few of the 25 licensed producers who are growing medicine that is of high medicinal quality. Maybe some of these non profits do not deserve to be licensed. Yet there are no controls in place for testing of the cannabis.

It appears that all the opinions here are made with the assumption that all producers are turning out top notch quality meds. Clearly that is not the case. Apparently there are many issues regarding nutrients, mold and the like. However, with no monitoring or testing, these producers will continue to put out sub par medicine and get away with it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast