Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1642 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CUSTOM CO2 HOME MADE AND CHEAP!!!!

OK so this is my first post i haven't seen a section on this in this site but if i have missed it then please forgive me. So we have a grow room and we all know that the one thing our plants love is CO2 although introducing CO2 has always been an expensive upgrade for the grow room... what if there was an easy and cost effective way of providing your crop with the CO2 it loves?? Well there is!!!! yes that's right and all you need is:

2lt plastic bottle and lid
    water
    sugar
    and dry activated yeast (unactivated yeast also works you just need warm water to activate it)

First off take your 2lt plastic bottle remove the lid and drill a small hole through the center big enough to fit a small air pipe into. then put about 10 table spoons of sugar into your bottle along with one table spoon of dry yeast then fill the bottle about three quarters full screw on the lid and give the mixture a good shake (remember to cover the hole you drilled in the bottle lid you don't want to make a mess) All you are doing is brewing alcohol in the bottle as it ferments it releases CO2 this process lasts for roughly two weeks after that replace the mixture following the same process you used before.

Once this is done it takes about an hour for things to happen place the bottle in your grow room and attach a air pipe in the hole you drilled in the bottle lid and place the tube end in the center of the plant. Use one bottle and air line per plant and watch the results i was amazed :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    ooKaotikzoo Reviewed by ooKaotikzoo on . CUSTOM CO2 HOME MADE AND CHEAP!!!! OK so this is my first post i haven't seen a section on this in this site but if i have missed it then please forgive me. So we have a grow room and we all know that the one thing our plants love is CO2 although introducing CO2 has always been an expensive upgrade for the grow room... what if there was an easy and cost effective way of providing your crop with the CO2 it loves?? Well there is!!!! yes that's right and all you need is: 2lt plastic bottle and lid water sugar and dry Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I use three of them. I found a bunch of yeast for sale at a grocery outlet, bonus 4 pk for a $1 so stocked up. It's a good idea to shake the bottles once a day it keeps the yeast a little more active and I like to add some extra sugar after about 5 days.

could you guys post pics of results i am very curious to see how this works plus i am a new grower and heard that dry ice will do the trick also

Honestly? I can't say if it made much of a difference, the plants I have outside in mother nature have already outgrown my indoor spring crop and they have two+ more months of good vegatative growth left and will easily be double the size they are now. Dry ice works too but it's expensive an inefficient. I think if you grew one or two plants in a closet and put 3-4 bottles of yeast/sugar water you'd help the plant but it takes a lot to double the natural amount of co2 in the atmosphere. Theory is that once upon a time there was actually more co2 in the atmosphere and thats why plants thrived so well during the dinosaur ages.

Thats pretty weak. Go to a distilling site online and get some turbo yeast. While your at it make some liquor, and don't waste your money. www.milehidistilling.com. I fill a 35 gallon trash can with 50lbs of sugar, and whatever fruit, get hi & crunk it's totally symbiotic. Be careful all that cheap liquor & pot can make you retarded.

LOLOL
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumby
    Thats pretty weak. Go to a distilling site online and get some turbo yeast. While your at it make some liquor, and don't waste your money. www.milehidistilling.com. I fill a 35 gallon trash can with 50lbs of sugar, and whatever fruit, get hi & crunk it's totally symbiotic. Be careful all that cheap liquor & pot can make you retarded.

I use brown sugar. I just seem to make a big ass mess once the chemical change happens. But why do you have to use a 2 liter bottle and run a line into each plant??? Thats 13 2 liters for me.

Check out this lab study on CO2 generation of different yeasts!

Over the course of 40ish hours, Turbo Yeast releases a lot more of the gas than any other AND only a slight decline in production if it's kept at room temp.

I wonder if it lasts just as long.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumby
    Too Late scrumby, I'm already retarded but I sure had a good time doing it but my live didn't

GOOD option and advisal; Thanks Much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast