Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1590 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

fox farms... good or bad?

Sup everyone... was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some advise or some suggestions on using nutrients.... I am just starting out and I am using fox farms. I have the entire line of products and am following the feeding schedule to a T but I won't see the results for at least a few more months.... hopefully(im keeping my fingers crossed)
    I was hoping u guys could give me some feedback. Any and all replys will be greatly apreciated.( don't think that's how u spell it...) well anyways, thanks.....keep it rollin.
    bigslickbuds Reviewed by bigslickbuds on . fox farms... good or bad? Sup everyone... was just wondering if any of you guys could give me some advise or some suggestions on using nutrients.... I am just starting out and I am using fox farms. I have the entire line of products and am following the feeding schedule to a T but I won't see the results for at least a few more months.... hopefully(im keeping my fingers crossed) I was hoping u guys could give me some feedback. Any and all replys will be greatly apreciated.( don't think that's how u spell it...) well Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

It's basically all I've used for the past few years. If it wasn't a solid nutrient system, I'd I'd be using something else right now. You're using the Fox Farms Weekly Feeding Schedule from their website, right?

The only soluble I use is Cha Ching on occation. But I strongly recommend you be careful with the solubles, as they are better-suited to those with growing experience. Give yourself a few successful grows before messing with 'em.

About half way through flowering you can ease-up (about half) on the Big Bloom and start giving 1 tsp per gallon of unsulfered molasses, per week. (Grandma's or Brer Rabbit are common and available at most grocery stores)

This might get moved to one of the growing forums...

I saw the Cha Ching at the local hydro shop. It was really expensive like close to $100 for a bottle that was not very large. How much difference do you think it actually makes in say percentage of increase for the total harvest. You say you use it on occasion. What would be an occasion for using or not using it. If you don't use the Cha Ching do you use just the Big Bloom and molasses or something else instead.

You can buy the whole Fox Farms series for under $100.00, so hopefully you're mistaken on the price at the hydro shop.

In my experience, Cha Ching has no visible effect on some strains. I've had the jar for a couple of years, and am using it once in a while so it doesn't go to waste...but it's definately not a regular part of my regular regimen.

FF works fine, but no nutrient package is perfect. I use the molasses as a carbo-load, calcium and magnesium source, and for it's micronutrients and iron. Since it's cheaper than carbo-load crap, CalMag Plus, Superthrive...I like it much better.

I don't know much about Fox farm. I do know B'cuzz products are made for one plant only (marijuana) . I have found that B'cuzz or Atami product are way better than anything I have found so far. I like the idea that all there research is done on Marijuana not strawberries or tomatoes. Give it a try. You will not be sorry the results are impressive.

I do know a lot about Fox Farms, and I know a bit about growing cannabis indoors in containers. Assuming that cannabis plants somehow operate outside the rules of plant biology and horticulture...is folly.

I like the idea that all over the web you'll find folks using the Fox Farms because it's cheap, it's a virtually complete system that can take you from seed to harvest...and it works for rookies and pro's alike.

I did fox farm for my first grow and it was pretty crappy. I used all the stuff the soil, the grow big the big bloom nd the other one... I sent them into flowering a little early so of course my buds were a bit small, but the leaves are what worried me. They looked all yellow and fried. Like there ass too much bytes, I know I did exactly the proportions that the bottle said. So if your gonna use it I would go easy. Try starting small at first and keep a close eye on the leaves. Also u could try a co2. Bucket or tank or bag to help keep em healthy.
    I\'m selfish, impatient, and insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can\'t handle me at my worst, you don\'t deserve me at my best. - Marilyn Monroe
    Love is composed of a single soul inhibiting two bodies.
    - Aristotle

I use Fox Farms exclusively. Use the Ocean Forest. Do not bother with any nutes or you will burn them. throw away their schedule.
    After you have almost 5 wks from your final pot up then you can use Tiger bloom at 1/4 tsp per gallon. every 6-7 days. at your final
    10 days at nute schedule use cha ching 1/4 tsp per gallon every 6-7 days. No final flush is neccessary. Always remember: A little
    is alot!

FFOF is awesome. I'm an intermediate farmer; I know what I'm doing but I'm no pro. This stuff takes the guess work out. Any noob considering what to do for soil should go this route. It is almost fool proof. I second Duke's nute schedule although I use bloombastic.

Fox Farms makes a good product, as do many other manufacturers. What it comes down to is that you can grow nice plants with high yields with almost any manufacturers product, given you throw out their feeding schedule & doseages, and do a little math. Even Miracle Grow can have great results.
    The most useful piece of learning for the uses of life is to unlearn what is untrue.
    Antisthenes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast