Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1588 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Lots of questions about being a caregiver

Hello! I am very excited about the new law and hearing that I can be a caregiver for up to 5 patients. Firstly, I am brand new to the world of cultivating marijuana. Although, I am extremely interested in learning more about this fascinating plant.

I've read over and over the FAQ of the new law at
    Arizona Medical Marijuana Program

I still have some unanswered questions that the website failed to clarify.

caregiver Q's
    1) It states that you may cultivate no more than 12 plants per patient, and up to 5 patients. It also states patients may have no more than 2.5 ounces per 14 day period. Though I haven't technically grown before, through research I've discovered it is possible to yield much more than 2.5 ounces PER plant (i've heard that maybe closer to a pound is possible? maybe outside anyway...).
    That being said, what happens to the rest of the 11 plants that are ready to be harvested? Can the caregiver store more than 2.5 ounces? After harvesting can I start over and plant 12 more?
    How does the "donation" thing work? You can't get paid for your time preparing the marijuana, only a donation for JUST the materials and such? How much can you ask for?
    I am fairly confused on the process of gaining back the capitol lost during the cultivation process. As it would take soil, nutrients, seeds, electricity, land, "enclosed, locked facility", and all that goodness... none of which is free, typically.
    Can you make a living being a caregiver for 5 patients? 60 plants would yield a nice penny granted if it sold illegally on the streets... I'm not sure the caregiver status would yield similar results.

Patient Q's
    2) Can a patient buy 2.5 ounces every 14 days if he/she chooses even if they still have leftover from the previous two weeks? I can barely smoke a quarter in two weeks, I'm not sure how 2.5 ounces will go but maybe that's just me.

This is the questions I had at the time of the post. I might post more if any pop up in my head. Thanks! I'm glad you all are part of something I believe will soon change the world for the better.
    Lupusk Reviewed by Lupusk on . Lots of questions about being a caregiver Hello! I am very excited about the new law and hearing that I can be a caregiver for up to 5 patients. Firstly, I am brand new to the world of cultivating marijuana. Although, I am extremely interested in learning more about this fascinating plant. I've read over and over the FAQ of the new law at Arizona Medical Marijuana Program I still have some unanswered questions that the website failed to clarify. caregiver Q's 1) It states that you may cultivate no more than 12 plants per Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusk
    As it would take soil, nutrients, seeds, electricity, land, "enclosed, locked facility", and all that goodness... none of which is free, typically.
    Can you make a living being a caregiver for 5 patients? 60 plants would yield a nice penny granted if it sold illegally on the streets... I'm not sure the caregiver status would yield similar results.
    Materials and such? You can't be paid for your time, well how about for the service you provide while tending the plants, don't your needs need to be provided for under the law as you have bills, expenses, hopes, dreams, and a right to the pursuit of happiness? Sounds like some expensive materials and such to me, I'm just saying...
    :s4: ~~~ :smokebong:

If you have never grown, don't get in over your head. It takes trial and error to get your grow dialed in. You might not yield 2 ounces per plant until your 5th or 6th grow. Practice makes perfect though.

So what exactly is required to become a caregiver? Just a patient to put me on their list and me apply + submit fingerprints? I'd love to try it.