Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1898 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Looking for some advice first grow (kitchen cabinet grow)

Hello community I am attempting my first legit grow. I'm going to use a tall kitchen cabinet with two doors... (looks like this) The top part of the cabinet is going to be for auto flower plants, and short sativas. (you know short plants) And the bottom part is going to be for medium sized plants. (like 3-4 feet) Now the cabinet doesn't close like a regular door, but I'm pretty sure light won't be coming into the cabinet, is that enough?

I'm getting my own studio apartment and I've read pretty much alot online and so I'm going to give it a try. I'm getting led lights, some mylar for the inside of both parts of the cabinet, and and an oscillating fan. Now the part I don't fully understand is installing a carbon filter, and exhaust fans/ vents. Since I'm going to be renting an apartment I can't really be ducting all over the ceiling and stuff, so I would that work?

And what does exhaust mean? And how does a carbon filter work? Can I just stick one inside the cabinet and it'll eliminate the odor? And will I need two exhaust fans/vents, AND carbon filters since I'm growing in two parts of the cabinet?

And since I'm going to be lighting up in my new place would putting an ozone generator outside the cabinet/ grow area, be smart as a backup to eliminate all odors. Like from growing, and smoking?
    nobodyknowsme Reviewed by nobodyknowsme on . Looking for some advice first grow (kitchen cabinet grow) Hello community I am attempting my first legit grow. I'm going to use a tall kitchen cabinet with two doors... (looks like this) The top part of the cabinet is going to be for auto flower plants, and short sativas. (you know short plants) And the bottom part is going to be for medium sized plants. (like 3-4 feet) Now the cabinet doesn't close like a regular door, but I'm pretty sure light won't be coming into the cabinet, is that enough? I'm getting my own studio apartment and I've read Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

If it's a studio just the negative ion generator should be sufficient to control odors.

it also as an attic so I'm going to be setting up a veg tent, (with cloners) and 3 grow tents strictly for hydroponics, and a big grow tent for drying should I just put another one up there to be safe? and will it work?

Keep in mind that attics get extremely hot in the summer time so make sure you have plenty of ventilation and some way to bring the temps down.

OZN-JR Ozone Generator Ionizer Air Cleaner Negative Ion... cheap and small product now what you can do with the exhaust ducting is nothing since this ozone gen doesnt use one. but what you can do is. on the top roof of the cabinet is drill a hole with a fan blowing towards it so you have your exhaust. but i would recommend cutting a hole on the bottom with a fan blowing towards the bottom hole so you have fresh air intake and waste air outtake.... now what you will understand is that doing the holes for the air going in and out are called your intake/exhaust vents now since you will have a 2 floor set up you will need to drill a hole on the 2nd floor so the fresh air will go into the second camber with a fan in that area also blowing up towards the second floor hole. and when you make a hole dont make a 2 inch hole make it around like 4inchs and have a small fan blowing into it because really you dont need a gaint fan/ozone gen for your small set up. like my idea?