Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1440 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

started a new grow what would be a good way to get nitrogen in the soil ???

i need to know if bone meal would be good for a indoor grow,,to keep my nitrogen levels up and what should i use to boost the flowering stage..
    attemptmischief Reviewed by attemptmischief on . started a new grow what would be a good way to get nitrogen in the soil ??? i need to know if bone meal would be good for a indoor grow,,to keep my nitrogen levels up and what should i use to boost the flowering stage.. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well, isn't that simple and with the question you show your lack of education in the entire field. There are many threads on this site you need to research on. Not just for this question but for the entire experience of growing your own medicine.

Cannabis needs little N to grow like a weed. In fact, I see N burn often.

So my suggestion if you want to supply N, is use a good potting soil mix WITHOUT any added nutes. My choice is Fox Farms, Ocean Forest from seedling to finish. I never, ever give N, rarely give more than molasses and if I do I have a specific reason for giving it, know exactly how much to give over the course of a grow and how to get rid of any excess there may be to affect the taste. If you really MUST then give dry bat guano sparingly.

The above paragraph has answers all over this site to the intense statement I made. So do not be afraid to ask questions, and some folks may jump on you in the beginning, as I almost did. I wanted to grab you by the Uhm's and get you on the right track right away.

Become familiar with the troubleshooting form. Ask questions why we might want to know certain info. Enjoy your educational experience.
    WW

Attachment 274456i been reading learning slowly soaking all the information up i dont work so im at this 24 hrs a day ..some one mentioned that i might need potash ,,i mixed in blood meal ,,but i will look in to the right soil next time i was hearing good about fox farm ,,i dont have a clue what im doing but im trying i just got the ph tester yesterday i was mixing up water at the right ph level ,,the only problem i got is the yellow leaves just on the bottom i need to fix that 1 problem im learning slowly im making my mistakes and correcting them ty for your help,,im wondering bout pruning right now removing the yellow leaves ,,

Stop worrying about the yellow leaves on the bottom. Please fill out a troubleshooting form. Soil types make a huge difference. For example Miracle Grow has automatically releasing nutes and can over fertilize simply by watering. Your plant looks healthy to me in the picture. DO NOT JUST WANTONLY THROW NUTES at your plant. I virtually give no nutes using fox farms ocean forest. The form is in my sig.

I do like what WW said. Get education and research more for the proplem you are facing.
    especially as nutes are concern because u can easily burn your plant.
    my opinion is:
    AS long as you have a proplem with only lower leaves and the most of the plant like 90% are green and healthy I suggest that u go on without messing up with nutes. " I can see some of the top leaves are fading on the green color so I think u need to add some nutes".
    Usually yellowing lower leaves means that you are lacking of nutes which mean the the 3 main elements N-P-K plus MG not only nitrogen. so I think you need to repot with fresh soil because your soil is losing its
    There is something u need to pay attention to which is that u r washing off nutes of the soil as u water the plants , in general the nutes in the soil will last between 2 up to 4 weeks.
    So you need to repot with fresh same soil and see if the plant recovered and got greener better than adding nutes that might get you in trouble if you didnt get the right amount and mix.
    Tip:
    usually soil manufacturer set their soil to 5.5ph-6.0ph assuming that your water will be 7.0ph so when you add the water it will balance to the ideal range 6.2-6.8.
    here a pic for a figure that mightg help you diagnose symptoms.

Platii,
    Hi welcome to the forum. I have a little bit of disagreement with some of what you advised.
    Usually yellowing lower leaves means that you are lacking of nutes which mean the the 3 main elements N-P-K plus MG not only nitrogen. so I think you need to repot with fresh soil because your soil is losing its
    ( I will assume you mean buffers)
    It could also mean over watering. It could mean many things actually that is why I want the form filled out. We use the hell out of that form here.
    There is something u need to pay attention to which is that u r washing off nutes of the soil as u water the plants , in general the nutes in the soil will last between 2 up to 4 weeks.
    IF he is over watering. The plant will take 6 weeks to use up what goodies the soil has if you don't over water and wash them all out. Cannabis does not like sopping wet soil at any time unless outdoors in real nature.

I find most problems are created with adding nutes.

Thank you WW.
    WW ur more than welcome to correct me and clear things for the benefit of the thread owner, this way we all learn new things or remeber something that was not on our minds. I am still a beginner too.

ok back to the subject: u r totally right, it could be many things. plus I didnt ask him how often he water the plants. ( i just assumed he already knows that over watering can kill the plant).
    I agree with u against adding nutes, thats why I advised him to repot with fresh soil and see if the plants recovered to determine the plant is messing nute rather than adding nutes and burn it. Also repotting assuming the ph is balanced and that will delete the ph imbalance factor that may lock the nutes and the plant is starving. So one action hits 2 major proplem for growing canny.
    good luck attempt and lets know
    plz fill the form for proper diagnosis.

yeah im going over the form in my head ,,im going to fill it out ,,i transplanted to day and moved two futher up in the food chain of buckets ,,transplanting is some thing of a nightmare ,,first time i ever did that and i learned alot of hard lessons i am using potting soil and and adjusting every ph balance before i water in the begginging i was over watering im thinking of using a miracle grow /potting soil mix next time im pretty sure i needed nutes but not no much im going to adjust my water and wait and see if it gets worse i might sprinkle some of this blue stuff my florist gave me in the water he said a tea spoon i'll use a16 th of that and wait and see it looks like blue crystals he said its micro nutrients and stuff,,tea spoon per gallon ,,..im going to mix just a pinch in the water and see,,thank you so much for your help what ever the yellow is from its not too bad the top is all green but does look light some places ,,i got my next two plants coming up behind that one this is my new hobbie..oh i did add some blood meal in a wile back thats before i heard its for out door use ,,i wonder if my plant can even use it..

Attachment 274588i love the chart going to pick that apart and break it down ,,thank you ,,i have this one for ph and 2 for light spectrums

Quote Originally Posted by platii
    Thank you WW.
    WW ur more than welcome to correct me and clear things for the benefit of the thread owner, this way we all learn new things or remeber something that was not on our minds. I am still a beginner too.

ok back to the subject: u r totally right, it could be many things. plus I didnt ask him how often he water the plants. ( i just assumed he already knows that over watering can kill the plant).
    I agree with u against adding nutes, thats why I advised him to repot with fresh soil and see if the plants recovered to determine the plant is messing nute rather than adding nutes and burn it. Also repotting assuming the ph is balanced and that will delete the ph imbalance factor that may lock the nutes and the plant is starving. So one action hits 2 major proplem for growing canny.
    good luck attempt and lets know
    plz fill the form for proper diagnosis.
    Agreed, but we know not what kind of soil and if it has added nutes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast