Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1560 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Old Wives Tales

Quote Originally Posted by VapedG13
    No bro I've grown this way for the last year.... been a grower for 20yrs....I have been forced to give my flowering plants 2 days of darkness or 16 extra days of darkness in a 8 week flowering cycle

I travel alot.....It doesn't cause the plants to finish early or later...it doesn't produce more or less weight wise ...it doesn't give the plants more trichs or less.

hasn't effected either way good or bad......I have sour diesel, chem4, pre 98 bubba, lemon skunk ,og kush. white widow, lemon larry and exodus cheese
    Well now!
    You've got my attention with this, VG.
    It's thinkin time!

If we find that long dark periods do NOT cause nanners, and allows healthy growth, that would tickle me
    :silly:.

Might be killing an O.W.T. that I had never even questioned.

(Jus' 'cause I overheard someone tell someone that it would do so.)

But, thinking it over...

Actually it's interrupted darkness that can hermiate a candidate, yah.

Breaking the dark cycle screws up the Pfr timer for flowering.

I'm betting that long dark times are more easily tolerated.

Conversion is done after about 12 hours and just stays "done" until the next light.
    It's something that kinda happens in nature and that's what reserve stores are for.

Hmmm. . .:detective1:

A side by side experiment suggests it's self.
    :weedpoke:
    'scuse me. I gotta go put some bad girls in the closet for a while.

Aloha, Y'all
    Weezard

Old Wives Tales

"if you don't cough...you don't get off"...

3.   Advertisements

Old Wives Tales

No bro I've grown this way for the last year
    Bummer.
    Soo...what part are you in disagreement about...?
    The part where I said ther would be no noticible gain for the added step...? No, you said that too.
    The part where I mentioned a potential stress issue...? If so, then when exactly is the tipping point between 'resting peacefully in the dark' and 'stressful' or 'dying'?
    The part where I said it's not a technique to fret (and argue) over, and that the unnecessary step is...unnecessary...? In most cases, this is the norm. Under circumstances like yours, I can easily understand using the technique if you have to. Like if you're not going to be there for a day or so, darkness could be better than unsupervised light cycles. (heat build-up, humidity issues, quick-drying soils...) But as it being a technique I'd recommend without reason...Nope.
    Anyway...what part are you refering to?

Old Wives Tales

you just might cause stress and form nanners, stunt normal growth, slow the flowering process by depleting her energies to survive

This is the only part I disagree with...

I agree its not a normal growing process.... these are just observations I seen over a years time of perpetual flowering

Old Wives Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    Well now!
    You've got my attention with this, VG.
    It's thinkin time!

If we find that long dark periods do NOT cause nanners, and allows healthy growth, that would tickle me
    :silly:.

Might be killing an O.W.T. that I had never even questioned.

(Jus' 'cause I overheard someone tell someone that it would do so.)

But, thinking it over...

Actually it's interrupted darkness that can hermiate a candidate, yah.

Breaking the dark cycle screws up the Pfr timer for flowering.

I'm betting that long dark times are more easily tolerated.

Conversion is done after about 12 hours and just stays "done" until the next light.
    It's something that kinda happens in nature and that's what reserve stores are for.

Hmmm. . .:detective1:

A side by side experiment suggests it's self.
    :weedpoke:
    'scuse me. I gotta go put some bad girls in the closet for a while.

Aloha, Y'all
    Weezard
    Bad girls in a closet, my kind of party. All kidding aside, I'll eagerly await the results of the experiment. Closets happen to be my new hobby!.
    \"There is nothing new under the sun\".

Old Wives Tales

This is the only part I disagree with...

I agree its not a normal growing process.... these are just observations I seen over a years time of perpetual flowering
    Being the 'matter of fact' guy that I am...
    Ahh...the "all about ME" syndrome. If everyone here was growing with the finest of genetics, and a solid gardening background I'd agree. But some members here aren't so fortunate as to have anything but bagseed genetics to work with, and some are already stressing the ladies through newbie errors. So I reserve my right to speak more to the majority, than the exception(s). (on a case-by-case basis, of course) :thumbsup: Safer for all to not add the step unless the situation warrants it.
    Having the experience I have with femming, re-vegging, dealing with heat issues, and various other experiments on virtually every combination of pheno's from bagseed to designer genetics. I feel I am qualified to say what I said...and I stand by it.

Is this a possible case where someone's confusing viability of a situation versus necessity? Because, out here in the boonies we lose power for sometimes a day or two, and NEVER has there been noticible growth as a result, and they didn't die. Does that mean I should turn-off the power every once in a while...? Just because I CAN? Doesn't add up to something I'd do on purpose nor would I advise the novice to do either.

Old Wives Tales

This thread just blew my mind.....without a condom on.

God, I am sorry.

Old Wives Tales

Alright while Im here, let me add a few cents.

I can say that the clones I am growing show sex in as little as a week and a half.
    Just curious if anyone has compared the differance with the 36 hrs. of darkness method to the standard 12/12 switch? I mean does 3-4 days really matter when you know you have females anyways? What happened to slow and steady wins the race?

As far as from seed? Doing my first in about 3 years, so Im excited!!!

Old Wives Tales

my favorite old wives tale....DON'T PISS OFF RUSTY.....his normal , matter-of-fact replies are kind of dry and boring(diffidently informative ) but I have come to enjoy his rants more....fun reading...another OWT....DO NOT HARVEST UNTIL THE TRICHS TURN ? % AMBER...we are growing medicine to treat various ailments....not dope to get high on....some of my friends require(prefer?) 100% clear trics to treat their symptoms during the day....others want mostly cloudy...and most seem to only want ambered trics for night meds(to strong) unless they are in constant pain....

Old Wives Tales

well some of us anyway but how about OWT you should piss on your plant because its good for it. :wtf: what about higer potasium levels for seedlings cause more males? (I know the first is false, interested in merit of the second)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast