Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1465 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

First grow in cabinet Bubblelicious clone

Quote Originally Posted by deeproots
    Ya Bro

I would deff but up that 400 watt H,P,S, you should see a big difference. I have tried C,F,L,s before there not bad if you have enough of them but theres noting like a H,P,S for flowering.
    I have no doubt that the HPS is better, but i chose CFL because of the size of my cabinet, and as i mentioned in my log, I've got shit load of them, but the heat problem seems to be the same,

so i'm going to connect the HPS KIT today and check how does it effect the cabinet.

ALRIGHT jambojones

Ya bro i think you have a good point there cause you will deff get alot of heat with a h,p,s in your set up. I have some thing simalor to you with my set up and i had to get a cooltube and squirl cage fan to keep the heat down. So id say keep doing what your doing now as its doing a great job so far and keep the h,p,s for your next grow.
    Sorry about the spelling im shit so hope you can understand the bad words.:hippy:

3.   Advertisements

ALRIGHT jambojones

Ya bro i think you have a good point there cause you will deff get alot of heat with a h,p,s in your set up. I have some thing simalor to you with my set up and i had to get a cooltube and squirl cage fan to keep the heat down. So id say keep doing what your doing now as its doing a great job so far and keep the h,p,s for your next grow.
    Sorry about the spelling im shit so hope you can understand the bad words.:hippy:
    Well, I've installed the 400W HPS, and made some kind of a cooltube using 46.6x46.6 glass...

Cabinet Fixture!

Attachment 275811

1. XBOX 360 fan blowing on the lamp.
    2. outtake XBOX360 fan
    3. intake CPU fan
    4. intake CPU fan

made a 15 minute test, looks like the temps are at 28C... we'll see how it performs tonight!

Attachment 275812 Attachment 275813 Attachment 275814 Attachment 275815

In the next few days i'm going to add HOMEMADE Co2 Generator and HOMEMADE carbon filter since she's starting to stink!!!

I'm wondering if there's a leaf problem there??!?!?!

P.S.

Bought a few days ago a lux meter, after installing the HPS i've measured 135000lux (12541 lumen sq/f) on the top buds, the lowest measured 36500lux (3390 lumen sq/f) .

I think now she's got enoght light

HI BRO

Sounds like you have it all worked out nice one. You will deff get a better yeild with that set up the only thing i would advis is try get some thing that shows you your humidaty because thats one thing i didnt do in my last grow and it killed half my plants over the humidaty was way to hi. That been said the way you have fans for your intake and outgoing you should be alright. As for the pic,s of your leaves it could be many things from not enough light on the bottom leave to the nutes but i have leaves that look the same and i dont think it was much to worry about not at this stage any way maybe if it gets worst. When your in the flowering stage you will see your leaves go like that any way. Are you fluseing your plants every one or two weeks if not you should think about doing it cause it will deff help. O ya you start counting from the time you but the lights on 12=12 not when you see the hairs bro. Well i hope i helped some bit as i said before im only here to learn and give help when i can myself. Take it easy bro.

HI BRO

Sounds like you have it all worked out nice one. You will deff get a better yeild with that set up the only thing i would advis is try get some thing that shows you your humidaty because thats one thing i didnt do in my last grow and it killed half my plants over the humidaty was way to hi. That been said the way you have fans for your intake and outgoing you should be alright. As for the pic,s of your leaves it could be many things from not enough light on the bottom leave to the nutes but i have leaves that look the same and i dont think it was much to worry about not at this stage any way maybe if it gets worst. When your in the flowering stage you will see your leaves go like that any way. Are you fluseing your plants every one or two weeks if not you should think about doing it cause it will deff help. O ya you start counting from the time you but the lights on 12=12 not when you see the hairs bro. Well i hope i helped some bit as i said before im only here to learn and give help when i can myself. Take it easy bro.
    First of all, Thanks alot for them advices.
    Regarding the HUMIDITY meter, i have a TEMP/HUMIDITY meter, and my humidity varies from 20%-50% most of the time at about 35%.
    I have to open the cabinet a bit because the heat raised to 30.5C, now it's about 29.5C, and it's fine.

Flowering Day 36 (as for your calculation 22.4 -> 12/12)

1. Attachment 275827 2. Attachment 275828 3. Attachment 275829 4. Attachment 275830
    5. Attachment 275831

1. main cola
    2. cabinet fixture
    3-5. buds

Looking real good jambojones

I was messing up cause i was posting a reply with out logging on to the forum and when i did log on to send the post i saw your cabinet drawn and pic,s and i have to say i like your set up never seen any thing like it before. I wont be making that mistake again you know your stuff jambo fair play to you.

P,S, The bubblelious is looking real good you would think there was a few plants in that cabinet on till you see your last pic.:jointsmile:

Looking real good jambojones

I was messing up cause i was posting a reply with out logging on to the forum and when i did log on to send the post i saw your cabinet drawn and pic,s and i have to say i like your set up never seen any thing like it before. I wont be making that mistake again you know your stuff jambo fair play to you.

P,S, The bubblelious is looking real good you would think there was a few plants in that cabinet on till you see your last pic.:jointsmile:
    Well, my friend thanks for the feedback, but i came this morning to check out what's going on with the "lady" and saw a light damage to the main cola

Attachment 275840

It seems like the lamp was too close, as mentioned before, 12.5K lumen sq/f on the main cola was too much for her...

SO! i made quick modification to the cabinet, i sawed two beams of wood 11cm high,
    and raised the cabinet to 1.01m high! i've tested the light source for half an hour to see how much light it will receive tonight and it seems ok.

I'm wondering, should i trim these damaged leafs?

I hope this modification help me prevent further damage.

we'll see tonight!

Ya jambo i would trim all damaged leaves

I think your plant was doing well the way it was with the c,f,ls so you might think of going that the way it was just for now and start your next grow with the h,p,s. Because i was thinking that 400 watt h,p,s is a lot just 4 one plant. i dont know bro have a think about it any way. As i said before your set is cool so you seem to know what works for you. that main cola deff has heat stress i would trim all the leave but let the cola alone cause it should grow more bud on top of the other bud damage i hope any way
    or if the raised cabinet dose the job you can keep it going but think if the main cola grow bigger then have you the room to keep raising the cab.

I'm sure it would be keep doing well with the CFLs but, i want HUGE buds, because it's about to be summer here, and the temps in the summer is extremely hot, and wouldn't be able to grow another one until OCT.
    so this one should keep me going until then.

anyhow, woke up last night to a cracking sound of glass... and as you know, troubles comes in packs, rushed to the cabinet and found out that the glass cracked from the heat of the HPS (bummer!!!!!),

DAMAGE: minimal, one small bud was severed and 2 minor one got hit, the rest of the plant was just leaning under the glass, so it got a little bit of angle now.
    so had to clean up the mess at 3am. and the heat started to build up, so i had to open the cabinet and put a fan blowing on the plant the whole night.
    i think i'm gonna buy a cooltube and finish with it!

Sorry to hair the bad news jambo

Hope every thing works out for you maybe a cooltube is the way to go. Cant wait to see her just before harvest id say its going to be a nice yeild hopefully enough to keep you going till your next grow any way. Il be keeping a eye on your log might even try Bubbleicious myself for my next grow.:hippy:

p,s, You can make a cooltube from a bakearound but you will prob have to oder it from the enet $10 to $20 might be more trouble then its wroth but have a look. ebay bakearound there for baking bread.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast