Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1656 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Veteran looking for M.D. for RX

I am a military veteran and have service connected disabilites that required me to be on Morphine and Paxil for depression. Fortunately since being medically retired I am able to smoke some marijuana. Long story short I now have severly decrease my meds and eliminated both the Morphine and Paxil for marijuana. My physician for the VA was happy I found another means to control my pain with a LOT less side effects; however since my doctor is a federal employee and cannot prescribe me marijuana. My doctor does not know providers in Anchorage or Anchorage area who prescribe it. My doctor said that when I find a doctor who will prescribe marijuana the VA will release my medical records to assist me getting what I need.

I have not been able to find resources that list providers here in Anchorage who prescribe medical marijuana. I don't want to be running around askining any doctor for a prescription and I would hate to pay for an office visit only to learn that a doctor will not prescribe it for me.

Could anyone here please assist me in directing me towards resources where the providers for my state are listed or PM me and or give me names of providers if you feel comfortable.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to being on this forum.
    polaristracker Reviewed by polaristracker on . Veteran looking for M.D. for RX I am a military veteran and have service connected disabilites that required me to be on Morphine and Paxil for depression. Fortunately since being medically retired I am able to smoke some marijuana. Long story short I now have severly decrease my meds and eliminated both the Morphine and Paxil for marijuana. My physician for the VA was happy I found another means to control my pain with a LOT less side effects; however since my doctor is a federal employee and cannot prescribe me marijuana. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Alaska Medical Marijuana Card
    ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
    In order to receive full legal protections of the Alaska Medical Marijuana law, qualified medical marijuana patients must register with the state patient registry and possess a valid identification card by submitting a marijuana card application with the Alaska Bureau of Vital Statistics. Prior to mailing the application, be sure to review and ensure that all required information has been completed. If the marijuana card application is not complete, it will be denied and you will not be allowed to reapply for a period of six months.
    HOW TO OBTAIN A MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD IN ALASKA
    Obtain a signed Physicianâ??s Statement from a physician currently licensed to practice medicine in Alaska. Find a qualified medical marijuana physician in Alaska here.
    Complete and sign the Application for Registry Identification Card for Medical Use of Marijuana.
    Provide a legible photocopy of the Alaska State Driverâ??s License or Identification Card of the patient and all caregivers.
    Pay a nonrefundable application fee via check or money order in the amount of $25.00 ($20.00 for a renewal) payable to the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
    Mail all of the above to:

Alaska Bureau of Vital Statistics
    Marijuana Registry
    P.O. Box 110699
    Juneau, AK 99811-0699

Check this out too--->https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/med...en-g-moseler_1

Says this dr's office is opening April 1st 2011. Sucks that he charges $399. That my friend is a rip-off. But if there is no one else, what can you do?

Hope this helps you......

CanGroIt:::::: <-----Fellow disabled Vet.

Hey CanGroIt,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was already familiar with how to obtain the card. I am a nurse, and a vet :-), and being associated with the medical field here I am HIGHLY suprised how difficult in Alaska it is to find a provider that presicribes medical marijuana. I figured since the state was friendly enough to have the applicationa and information on the card they would also have a "Directory" of providers whom prescribe Medical marijuana. I am also aware that some providers may "claim" they prescribe marijuana but may infact be very particular or strick on whom they prescribe it to. I am not so worried about my case because I have tried the "traditional" pain and psychiatric drugs for valid and documented for years chronic pain and depression. However I do know doctors and they can be particular when they want to.

Thank you for the site as well. So is it true he is only going to see patients for one Hour 9am to 10am on Fridays and there is not a number up there yet to call and book an appointment, at least I didn't see it.

The only info I have on them is what is on the site. There is an 888 number on the site. Not sure how reliable it is but worth a shot.

If you have the time and don't mind, write a letter to Sarah Palin. Being a disabled veteran would give you some clout that she cannot deny. Worth a shot to let her know how hard it is to get better than prescription meds.

I guess in the end I will have to do some detective work....LOL....meaning to find a provider. I heard of a doctor down in Soldotna...I will find one eventually it just takes a lot of networking and work. Not like looking up the yellow pages and finding one. Kind of interesting the state allows its use for medical reasons but finding a provider is difficult.

BTW how do you think writing a letter to Sarah Palin will help? Just curious because she is not our governer anymore, Parnell is, and does she still have political pull in this state?

Thanks for your time to reply

:-)

I want to open a dispensay in Anchorage, but can't find the required specifics. Any help here, with references, would be most appreciated. Any information on how to beome a "caregiver" in AK would also be apprciated.
    Seens there's alot of companies willing to help if you live in CA or CO, but again nothing specific for AK.

Hey captmiketm4,

I'm having a hard enough time finding a doc to prescirbe it. With some networking and detective work I believe I have foud one and he is not the one mentioned on this forum. Anyways good luck I don't have a clue. If you are a M.D or D.O. though it is very easy to get licensened in the State of Alaska and that's it. I believe any doc can prescribe it with the correct and documented clinical justification. You just have to file out the provider part for the patient's MMC. I don't know or have not heard of any FNP or NP prescribe it so not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by polaristracker
    BTW how do you think writing a letter to Sarah Palin will help? Just curious because she is not our governer anymore, Parnell is, and does she still have political pull in this state?

People like her seek attention. You give her a new reason to get on TV and fight for a cause and she will!!!! Just thought since she's from Alaska and likes to "raise awareness", she might be worth a try......

I live in Alaska and was told by the people who mail out your MM application that you have to have a MD sign the form. A NP or PA cannot do it.

I wish someone would help me know where to go.I have no idea of a Dr that would sign it for me. I have neuropathic pain and it helps so much.

If anyone can email me with info i would appreciate it so much.
    [email protected] Alaska has no place to by MM. so thats a real bummer to.

Hey Ladysheets,

I am in the same situation. I meet the criteria for a MMC and I am starting my own personal supply and am just missing the MD component. THe VA Doc would said she would if she could but her hands are tied....I just cannot understand this state allows medicinal uses of marijuana but finding a provider is like hunting...you have to network and talk to people...I am still following a couple of leads but have nothing solid as of yet...don't know how comfortable I am just walking up in a doctors office and asking for some MD to sign my MMC. ANyways the beat goes on....its time shall come soon :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast