Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1699 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Veteran looking for M.D. for RX

Hey Polaristracker,
    I know what you mean about going in and asking. Im not sure how that would work out. this state is mixed up ,you can grow for yourself in your own home under 25 plants but you cant find a doc to sign a paper saying they believe MM would help you.I dont get it. I will check back often and see what you and anyone else might post here.
    I dont like taking pain pills, MM seems to do so much better of a job for me.
    wish it wasnt such a big deal. Hate looking for the stuff!
    Hasnt our weather just been out of this world beautiful lately?
    I do believe spring has sprung here in Alaska!

2.   Advertisements

Yes it has I can't wait to get out and enjoy Alaska :-)

Can a ND (Naturopathic Doctor) sign a MMC in AK?

FYI the Marijuana Doctor Website states there are no physicians in this state now that prescribe MM...lol
    Anyways I called a few doctors...I suffer from Chronic Pain so I started with Pain Management Docs....called to try book appointment and the usual what you need to be seen for and I gave them the full history just like I did here online...1st Strike

Then I called a Holistic Doc Alaska Alternative Medicine Center thinking better luck..same calling to set up an appointment and STrike 2..lol

ALright so this is where I am at. I am substituting my Morphine and Paxil for Marijuana and my VA doc supports it but legally as a Federal Employeee can't prescribe it. My life is better with the combination I have now and I can grow it at my house. Regardless if it is pills or plants everything has side effects and the side effects I get from marijuana are far better than the side effects from the Morphine and Paxil...because price is not the issue...and they both control my pain.

So I figured regardless I meet requirments to have this natural medication and if I keep on the road I am going by not finding a doctor I could eventually land into some legal problems because if you don't know already you cannot trust the police, judges, lawyers, etc even if you do THINK that you CAN LEGALLY possess marijuana in AK....they have ways of finding somehow someway you violated some law.

So I just need to get my MMC and not have to worry about being prosecuted...lol

I am now going to make it my personal endevour to go to doctors and find one eventually (so I hope), because I have tried the subtle route which isn't working. Damn who knows maybe I'll run around with a camera and do a Documentary about the Medical Marijuana state without a Doctor to Prescribe....lol

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a Medical Doctor to perscribe medical marijuana? I sent in and got my paper work for the Card from the vital statistics in juneau. But i have no idea who i can get to sign it so i can send it in.
    I too would just like to be legal and grow my own for the chronic nerve pain i experiance dailey.
    I am on disability and have been giving about any drug you can think of for pain. Now i have oxycodone but i would rather have a natural pain reliever such as marijuana.

I dont understand this state. ITs legal to prossess in your home.But cant find a DR to fill out your paper work...to get a MM card. any info would be great. Thanks

Ladysheets,

Yes I agree this is very frustrating especially here in Anchorage. My case is very simple I have a VA doctor who agrees with my treatment decision but her hands are tied because she is a federal employee. SImple as getting a ROI from one doc to another. Anyways I have tried several doctors by calling to set up appointments and when they ask what it is for I tell thee honest full truth and "SOrry our doctor doesn't prescribe that". Anyways I keep running into people who know people who have one and they keep telling me they will get the doctors name...I'm still fucking waiting...excuse the cussing but it is the frustration coming out

Alright I posted my ad in the Anchorage/Mat-SU, Fairbanks, Southeast, and Kenai

I listed under Lost and Found, Subject: LOST VETERAN PLEASE HELP

LOL...HERE IS THE POST:

I am a military veteran and have service connected disabilites that required me to be on Morphine for chronic pain and Paxil for depression. Fortunately since being medically retired I am able to smoke some marijuana. Long story short I now have severly decrease my meds and eliminated both the Morphine and Paxil for marijuana. My physician for the VA was happy I found another means to control my pain with a LOT less side effects; however since my doctor is a federal employee and cannot prescribe me marijuana. My doctor does not know providers in Anchorage or Anchorage area who prescribe it. My doctor said that when I find a doctor who will prescribe marijuana the VA will release my medical records to assist me getting what I need.

I have not been able to find resources that list providers here in Anchorage and or the State who prescribe medical marijuana I have tried several doctors in the Anchorage area, booking appointments, and when I explain what the appointment is for they inform me thier physician does not sign MMC (medical marijuana cards), I even called a Holistic Medicine doctor (go figure).

Could anyone here please assist in directing me towards resources where the providers for AK are listed, and or give me names of providers if you feel comfortable. I am also willing to travel outside of the Anchorage area if needed. FYI I also have "other" insurance from my current employer that will cover the cost of the visit etc; and including Tricare and VA. I also already have the State of Alaska Medical Marijuana Card application I just need a qualified physician whom will take me as a patient and sign it. I have all my records from the service as well can do a ROI to the VA and Elemndorf.

Alright seems my other posts didn't make it...long story short I have been doing alot of footwork and decided to use the internet...great thing and posted my AD on Craigslist....lets see what happens

Update for those "select" few who are following this. So far I have had two referrals. One for Fairbanks and One for Valdez. I have not actually called the physicians yet because I still want to see what else comes this way. But it seems to be going as I guessed; that being that all the yuppie docs in Anchorage won't prescribe....LOL (no offense intended) because I do know some good physicians in town just seems none of them want to prescribe marijuana. Just like everything else in this state; there is the State of Alaska and then there is Anchorage which is like a different state within a state (blah), maybe its time to move out of Anchorage. Long story short I may end up traveling for my prescription.

Success...ended up getting info on a few doctors. Here is the reason it is soo difficult. Eventhough the state recognizes marijuana use for medical problems the AMA (American Medical Association) does not which MOST doctors try to abide by, although not neccesarily required because you have to be licensed in each state. The same story over with the whole marijuana use issue states allowing the federal does not...etc. etc.

Anyways got an appointment set up. Now since I am a RN and a veteran I am considering starting up my own non-profit refferral/association/social work. By doing this I can hopefully help veterans and may be able to use this in the future for my master thesis. Anyways the thought is to meet with a lot of these doctors and get a group of them that will accept patients. No advertising....just word of mouth and what I would do next is go to the VA (which I am a patient too) and find ways to distribute information for "alternative" healing and I will meet with veterans and review their case and their records, assist them with the forms, and help to set up an appointment with a provider that is appropriate for them and inform the provider of the referral I send them. They are only referred after I have actually met them etc...this is not just giving out the providers number. Also maybe try and get with some local grow supplies and see if they could have a starter set for vets and also look to see for some local or state funding that can hlep provide financial assistance to vets looking to grow their own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast