Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1797 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Can Plants revert from flower to veg state?

I'm an outdoor grower that has recently taken up indoor as a hobby. Last November, I became bored and started the pics you will see below. 3 weeks ago, I transplanted the 4 plants into 5 gallon buckets. There were 6 originally, 2 were obvious males that I tossed(although seed stock is another topic I would like to discuss in the future). The remaining 4 are in the south windows indoors where they were started.

I now have 2 4-month old plants(the other 2 are reluctantly still vegging)enjoying a natural 12-12 light cycle indoors when I don't want flowers until August. I've heard that plants can live up to 12 years under a variety of conditions. Can I leave these plants, and expect them to switch back to a vegetative growth state as is?. I hope the pics help.

Thanks in advance for any input,

Biz
    sunbiz1 Reviewed by sunbiz1 on . Can Plants revert from flower to veg state? I'm an outdoor grower that has recently taken up indoor as a hobby. Last November, I became bored and started the pics you will see below. 3 weeks ago, I transplanted the 4 plants into 5 gallon buckets. There were 6 originally, 2 were obvious males that I tossed(although seed stock is another topic I would like to discuss in the future). The remaining 4 are in the south windows indoors where they were started. I now have 2 4-month old plants(the other 2 are reluctantly still vegging)enjoying Rating: 5
    \"There is nothing new under the sun\".

2.   Advertisements

Yes, as the day's continue to increase in length, they will revert back to vege, tho they will continue to flower for a while now, and the switch back will be a bit more stressful and take longer if left on the natural light cycle. If possible you can use supplemental light to artificially increase the light cycle and trigger re-vege sooner.

Good luck and your girls are lookin awful nice! They will be TREE's if you vege em until August!!!

Yes, they can.
    Surest way is to shorten their night.

Easiest way to do that is tack on a couple hours of light in the morning, or evening.

Don't take much to "keep 'em awake". A couple CFLs would work jus' fine.

As the days get longer you can cut back on the artificial light.

In Hawaii we can do re-grows outdoors.

Actually harvest buds and let them re-veg and re-bloom.
    Jus' gotta get the timing right.
    I've got a Thai plant doing a short season re-grow from a discarded rootball!
    Attachment 273483

Aloha, sunbiz

Weezard

Quote Originally Posted by canniwhatsis
    Yes, as the day's continue to increase in length, they will revert back to vege, tho they will continue to flower for a while now, and the switch back will be a bit more stressful and take longer if left on the natural light cycle. If possible you can use supplemental light to artificially increase the light cycle and trigger re-vege sooner.

Good luck and your girls are lookin awful nice! They will be TREE's if you vege em until August!!!
    Both are pretty much dormant right now(poor girls don't know what to do, they think it's the first day of Fall!), while the other 2(not pictured)are actually about 50% larger due to non-flowering. I have a small indoor light set-up I can use for a month to extend the daylight. That should help revert them until the late April sun takes over.

Thanks for the feedback!

Biz

Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    Yes, they can.
    Surest way is to shorten their night.

Easiest way to do that is tack on a couple hours of light in the morning, or evening.

Don't take much to "keep 'em awake". A couple CFLs would work jus' fine.

As the days get longer you can cut back on the artificial light.

In Hawaii we can do re-grows outdoors.

Actually harvest buds and let them re-veg and re-bloom.
    Jus' gotta get the timing right.
    I've got a Thai plant doing a short season re-grow from a discarded rootball!
    Attachment 273483

Aloha, sunbiz

Weezard
    Good morning!,

Glad to see the familiar faces are still enjoying my favorite hobby as well!. That root ball pic of yours is something I should have tried last Fall. The hardiness of these plants never cease to amaze me. Mine kept growing even when cut 1" above the soil and removed from the buckets, for several weeks!. Since I am now almost out of seed stock(dumb move on my part tossing males for several years, lost several strains)I'll use these very early indoors as parents to clone.

Have a good week!

Biz

I have seen flowering plants go back to veg. However I have had little success in getting a plant out of the ground and back into the veg box. They just die. I think cutting the buds and most of the limbs then digging up the roots is just too much for the plant to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I have seen flowering plants go back to veg. However I have had little success in getting a plant out of the ground and back into the veg box. They just die. I think cutting the buds and most of the limbs then digging up the roots is just too much for the plant to recover.
    Probably is too much stress, I've never dug up and saved my in the ground plants after harvesting. I have done it with younger plants though, had to a few years back due to spider mites. They were in the ground for a month, then I dug them up and brought home where I nursed them back to health. Then I put them right back into the ground, 3 months later they were ready to harvest!.

I wish I could have save a couple of last summers plants to make sure I had the same strains this year but it did not work. I also killed my clones last fall when I was focused on harvesting and trimming and forgot to water. So I will try to get the same strains that I liked last year and hope I am still getting the same genomes.

You and me both my friend. I made the same mistake(and I knew better)last Fall. I focused all my spare time during the Summer/Fall for outdoor projects, and didn't even bother cloning. I have a decent seed stock, but I still lost a strain that was the best I have ever grown. In fact, I think I have an old pic of her here, I'll look around.

Hi all!

I need to re-visit this thread in hopes of another question being answered. The first plant(with the flower pic above)is seriously into flowering to the point of resin emission(smells great!). The other 3 are fine, those 3 will probably have to go into the ground at some point though. They have already been in 5 gallons of soil for a month, and another 6 months is much too long for the same soil. Other than a ton of LED bulbs, I have no indoor lighting system. So, I just moved my budding plant into a dark closet where it will remain in 13 hours of total darkness. Then I would obviously place it back into the south window for the remaining 11.

Think this will work to finish the job?

Thanks again for any input.

Biz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast