Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1572 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Can Plants revert from flower to veg state?

I just cut the bottom of my bucket off, filled another bucked half way with new soil and placed it on top.

Depending on the situation, it's easy to get too rootbound if the roots aren't trimmed-back in this process. Then there's how long you'll re-veg before flowering and how much vertical headroom there is in your veg closet or shed...
    But as long as the old soil has no negative issues going on, the quazi-pot stacking technique is fine.

I was just seeing if it was even going to work, I had pea sized lava rock in the bottom of the original planter so when I cut the bottom off there wasn't much trimming or shaking loose I could do. I actually didn't think it would even work and just left it over in the corner of the yard and tossed it some water, it's doing very well now and will easily more then double the yield of the original harvest.

What is very strange is that the mother plant I re-vegged has absolutely no resemblence to the clones I took off of her in growth pattern or appearance or in flowers/leaves. I have a few that are almost done and the buds look absolutely nothing like the buds and plants from the mother. I have a few more clones that are growing in yet another different pattern and the flowers are developing differently, the mother plant seems to be flowering similiar to how she originally did. The mother plant originally grew fairly small sun leaves but a LOT of them and there was no real top it grew like a small shrub, there was no cola bud but multiple top's, the buds were small and had an orangish hint to them when cured. The clones grew big, fat leaves and much larger buds with a different appearance and smell.

4.   Advertisements

Glad as hell to find this thread! Yeah you CAN re-veg plants. I do it all the time. If I don't get the seeds I want (usually from not getting a male from my favorite of that season), I'll re-veg my favorite & make sure I get pollen somewhere the next season. The reason I was looking for a thread on this subject was to bitch & rant about STUPID! Stupid pisses me off! Twice now I've had dumbasses insult my know-how & my plants when I'm re-vegging a plant recently harvested. Comments like, 'man! That's Charlie Browns christmas tree' or bitch, you don't know what you're doing, you've been picking the shit out of that plant, & it's gonna die! Even after I explained to these 2 dumbasses, they still didn't get it. What did they expect a plant to look like than had recently been harvested?!?!? Damned! All I can say is if you're stupid, don't insult those who aren't,..... you might get your nose broke !
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

i have my eye on a couple of plants outdoors right now I plan on digging up for cloning purposes next season.

I like to re-veg, then grow them out till the growth looks normal again (the new growth usually starts out looking a little deformed), then clone the hell out of it. You get so many more branches to clone from on a re-veged plant its unreal. Back in the day, Big Bud was new. It started from a mutation, & at that time you could only get clones, no seeds. Since I only had one, I was scared shitless that I would loose it when I tried to re-veg. You know, some strains do not re-veg well, & I had no idea which way Big Bud would go. Well here's the good part hehehe.... By the second season of doing this, I had so many Big Buds that I filled the 8 mile stretch of woods behind my house with them & the WHOLE DAMNED TOWN smelled like pot! My boyfriend said I was either gonna get us robbed or busted. But the thing of it was, the smell was so strong & EVERYWHERE, you couldn't tell where it was coming from. Big Bud does better indoors for me, so I crossed her with some purple afgani, then back to Big Bud & called it Big Bertha. Kicked ass both out doors & indoors & knocked your socks off with a mind blowing high.
    Everybody who grows should try re-vegging. Play around with it. You deserve to impress yourself!
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

yes, you can revert back marijuana plants to the vegging period. some growers also call this process as "rejuvenation."
    to do it:
    do not do the harvest in the same way as you did withe other weed you don't intend to do revegging. leave 10% to 20% foliar and floral growth on the plants. leave some small buds. harvest only partially

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234